No cots at the Swan?

DoBug

Mouseketeer
Hello

We are heading to the Swan in December - party of 5 - my husband and I will have a King room and my son and his two friends (21 and 20 yos) will have a queen room. One of the boys moms suggested getting a cot for her son - not sure if hes a restless sleeper or what. They are all only children lol
When I asked someone at the Swan she said they don't have cots but people will bring an air mattress or pick one up on the way in.
I don't love either of those ideas - its not going in my suitcase - need the space for souvenirs!

Is that correct that the Swan doesn't have cots?
Thanks - I really don't want to upgrade the room either - this trip is already $$$

Hello

We are heading to the Swan in December - party of 5 - my husband and I will have a King room and my son and his two friends (21 and 20 yos) will have a queen room. One of the boys moms suggested getting a cot for her son - not sure if hes a restless sleeper or what. They are all only children lol
When I asked someone at the Swan she said they don't have cots but people will bring an air mattress or pick one up on the way in.
I don't love either of those ideas - its not going in my suitcase - need the space for souvenirs!

Is that correct that the Swan doesn't have cots?
Thanks - I really don't want to upgrade the room either - this trip is already $$$
That’s what we were told as well. We wanted one for a crazy sleeper, but she and her mom survived in the queen bed. i brought a twin size blow up mattress for a different trip to Fort Wilderness and found it didn’t take up that much room in a checked bag. With your situation, I’d let the boys figure it out. If two of them can sleep in one bed and let the crazy sleeper have his own, they’ll be fine. Good luck.

Thank you and I agree with you - let them sort it out

We just realized that our charger to fill the air mattress is a lithium something battery. probably can't check on a plane!

You can get the extra bed at the Dolphin, but not the Swan. The beds at the Dolphin are smaller than queens, so the extra bed can fit.

Ship the air mattress to the hotel and leave it there when you are done.....

They are cheap enough,

This is what I would suggest if *you're* taking care of the extra bed. But if it was me, I'd tell the 3 boys that there are 2 beds in their room and if they're not ok sharing a bed, then *they* are responsible for either bringing or ordering an air mattress for the room. Or they can pay the price difference for upgrading the room (or perhaps the mom who thinks her son may need his own bed can pay for the upgrade). They're adults and can figure it out.

This is what I would suggest if *you're* taking care of the extra bed. But if it was me, I'd tell the 3 boys that there are 2 beds in their room and if they're not ok sharing a bed, then *they* are responsible for either bringing or ordering an air mattress for the room. Or they can pay the price difference for upgrading the room (or perhaps the mom who thinks her son may need his own bed can pay for the upgrade). They're adults and can figure it out.
Oh yes, I didn’t mean for the OP to do it …
I would suggest it to my twenty year old, his friends, his problem !

Yeah - I think it was like $50 a day for a rollaway at Dolphin - I did not pay it as I had Starwood status - but for $50 a day I would get the blowup from Amazon or even Walmart

I think there is a limit of people they can officialy have in a room at the swan because of the smaller rooms - but I may be wrong

You could order an air mattress from Amazon and have it delivered!
Was just going to suggest this. Just be aware you'll need to pick it up at the business center, and they'll charge you a small fee. (We had to do this the last time we visited. I can't remember what the fee was, but I think it was in the $5-$10 range.)

If these young adults are in college they have slept in way worse conditions and survived. :rotfl2:

I was thinking the same thing. Our youngest daughter (currently a college student) will willingly sleep on the floor when we visit my sister-in-law for holidays. And she literally sleeps on the floor right in front of a big comfy couch (who remembers *that* show??? :D) and right down the hall from an at-home office (that doesn't get used when we're there) with a daybed. Not surprisingly, when we stay in a suite at Art of Animation, she prefers to make a bed on the floor out of the seat cushions from the couch rather than sleeping on an air mattress. I know our 4 older college graduates have all slept on rock hard floors more than once during their college careers.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter