No character breakfasts on the Fantasy?!??

Dulcinea79

Earning My Ears
I just now read about them having suspended character breakfasts on the Fantasy (including the 7+ night sailings) because the ship is too large and whatnot. Some said that they were thinking of resuming this later on, but I'm dying to hear from recent cruisers on the Fantasy about whether or not they are indeed having character breakfasts. Such a disappointment! :furious:

To the best of my knowledge, The Dream did have character breakfasts when she first came out, but as you mentioned, it was determined that the MDR's were to big and the characters could not make it around fully or carefully.

The Fantasy never did.

AKK

To the best of my knowledge, The Dream did have character breakfasts when she first came out, but as you mentioned, it was determined that the MDR's were to big and the characters could not make it around fully or carefully.

The Fantasy never did.

AKK

Still not doing them as of June. But we noticed there many occasions during the day & night to interact with the characters. ::yes::

The Dream had princesses walking around during dinner in RC, but the Fantasy never had a character breakfast of any kind. We were on the MV and the entertainment manager told me that was not going to be possible due to the number of guests and the size & layout of the MDR.

The Dream had princesses walking around during dinner in RC, but the Fantasy never had a character breakfast of any kind. We were on the MV and the entertainment manager told me that was not going to be possible due to the number of guests and the size & layout of the MDR.

Ditto!!

MJ

I'm really surprised that DCL doesn't offer a "for fee" character meal on the Fantasy since that would cut back on the number of guests in attendance (and they could group them together in one area).

Of course I've also been surprised that DCL didn't think of a way to make the character breakfast work - have 3 seatings instead of 2 for breakfast - or something.

I just now read about them having suspended character breakfasts on the Fantasy (including the 7+ night sailings) because the ship is too large and whatnot. Some said that they were thinking of resuming this later on, but I'm dying to hear from recent cruisers on the Fantasy about whether or not they are indeed having character breakfasts. Such a disappointment! :furious:

The Fantasy has never had character breakfasts. Why are you furious? Did DCL lead you to believe that there were character breakfasts on the Fantasy?

Mike

The Fantasy has never had character breakfasts. Why are you furious? Did DCL lead you to believe that there were character breakfasts on the Fantasy?

Mike

I'm not furious - sorry for the emoticon (it was meant just to show frustration). And no, I wasn't led to believe they were specifically on the Fantasy or not - I've just never sailed the Dream of Fantasy before (only the Magic 3 times) and had completely not even realized that the character breakfast didn't happen on the newer ships. My younger son will not get to experience it, I guess. Oh well.

I'm really surprised that DCL doesn't offer a "for fee" character meal on the Fantasy since that would cut back on the number of guests in attendance (and they could group them together in one area).

Of course I've also been surprised that DCL didn't think of a way to make the character breakfast work - have 3 seatings instead of 2 for breakfast - or something.

They have started offering the princess tea for an insane [to me] price tag on the Fantasy. What was explained to me, which has been confirmed by both of our experiences on the Fantasy so far, is that they are able to offer more character experiences throughout the day, beginning much earlier in the morning than on the classics that do have the CB, because the entire entertainment staff is not committed to the CB for basically 3 hours. They had more characters out along with a larger variety every sea day. The atrium is designed for this as well with alcoves that are hidden by pocket doors.

That is about what I heard as well.:thumbsup2

AKK

They are just starting something called 'Royal Court Royal Tea" on the Fantasy that is on the 4th day in the afternoon. It's for kids 3-12, and it's an hour and a half with the princesses, and the kids get lots of little presents (and, of course, snacks). It's not a character breakfast, but it is something. It's also crazy expensive (imo). $279 for the first child and adult, and something like $115 for each additional child, and $79 for each additional adult.

They are just starting something called 'Royal Court Royal Tea" on the Fantasy that is on the 4th day in the afternoon. It's for kids 3-12, and it's an hour and a half with the princesses, and the kids get lots of little presents (and, of course, snacks). It's not a character breakfast, but it is something. It's also crazy expensive (imo). $279 for the first child and adult, and something like $115 for each additional child, and $79 for each additional adult.

$279!!!!!???? what kind of snacks are they? Filet mignon ?! Gold-crusted oreos?!?!

I 2nd that there are characters all over the place all day long, so I don't really feel like there is anything missing without a character breakfast.

yea like the isles being too narrow and the tables about 2 inches (5 cm) apart.

$279!!!!!???? what kind of snacks are they? Filet mignon ?! Gold-crusted oreos?!?!

That was my reaction too. It's limited to 25 kids, and the girls get a doll, jewelry box, necklace, tiara, and some other things. I don't know what the boys get. Concierge called me to offer it to us last week, and while it sounds neat, I just couldn't swallow that price.

There have never been any character breakfasts on the Fantasy and there aren't now.

I also heard that it was tried on the Dream and didn't work because the dining room was too large for the characters to get around to every table in time. I think the only solution might be to use only part of the dining room, but that would mean not everyone on the ship would have the chance to attend.

This sounds like exactly the same event as the My Perfectly Princess Tea Party that is offered at the Grand Floridian.

If they get boys signing up for this, I understand they get a Duffy bear instead of a doll. But I don't think they get many boys.

I 2nd that there are characters all over the place all day long, so I don't really feel like there is anything missing without a character breakfast.

Exactly. When we've gone to character breakfasts on the classic ships, it's really not a big deal, unless you really want to wear a napkin on your head. :rolleyes: Characters are very limited; no princesses. We've had better luck finding the characters around the ship. And the food at the character breakfasts has been less than stellar -- I'd much rather go forage at the buffet up on deck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter