NO BLUE CARD/ now what.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin"D"

DIS Veteran
OK.....I do love the discounts we get with the blue card/ but now it is expiring in 2 days....how do we link out member number to get our discounts?

This is on the DVC website:

Disney Vacation Club is developing an enhanced digital replacement for Membership Cards. The current physical blue Membership Card will expire December 31, 2021. Until then, all Members may continue to identify themselves and take full advantage of current Membership Extras offerings (if eligible) by using their current physical blue card or accessing the digital version online at DisneyVacationClub.com/card.

Starting on January 1, 2022, Members will be able to access their Membership Card via the My Disney Experience app. Be sure to check back at that time for additional details as new physical cards will not be issued.

This is on the DVC website:

Disney Vacation Club is developing an enhanced digital replacement for Membership Cards. The current physical blue Membership Card will expire December 31, 2021. Until then, all Members may continue to identify themselves and take full advantage of current Membership Extras offerings (if eligible) by using their current physical blue card or accessing the digital version online at DisneyVacationClub.com/card.

Starting on January 1, 2022, Members will be able to access their Membership Card via the My Disney Experience app. Be sure to check back at that time for additional details as new physical cards will not be issued.
ummmmm, we have 2 days DVC??????

ummmmm, we have 2 days DVC??????

What more is needed? If you go into the My Disney Experience app --> My Profile --> "Memberships & Passes" it indicates you are a DVC member and has your member ID.

I suspect they will add a virtual card, but at least from others it sounds like being able to show your member ID is sufficient for discounts. Mine has been present in MDE for a while now. Is there something more is needed from a card image?

It says starting January 1st, so they could have an update in the pipeline that will give a card image.

What more is needed? If you go into the My Disney Experience app --> My Profile --> "Memberships & Passes" it indicates you are a DVC member and has your member ID.

I suspect they will add a virtual card, but at least from others it sounds like being able to show your member ID is sufficient for discounts. Mine has been present in MDE for a while now. Is there something more is needed from a card image?

It says starting January 1st, so they could have an update in the pipeline that will give a card image.

I'll need to somehow link my accounts. My DVC is not linked to "my Disney experience". I'll use that account moving forward but for this year my season passes and all of my reservations are linked through a separate account. I'll need to sign out of the app and sign in to my other account each time I need to verify membership.

I'll need to somehow link my accounts. My DVC is not linked to "my Disney experience". I'll use that account moving forward but for this year my season passes and all of my reservations are linked through a separate account. I'll need to sign out of the app and sign in to my other account each time I need to verify membership.
Not sure if this would help in your situation but i had the same issue----one login for DVC and one for MDE. I called member services and they were able to combine both into one login. i just had to tell the which one i wanted. took about 5 minutes. just call and explain. they may be able to help you out

My online digital membership card has an expiration January 30, 2022. Has a ‘print’ option. I just took a screen shot of it to make easier than logging in each time to see it.

Not sure if this would help in your situation but i had the same issue----one login for DVC and one for MDE. I called member services and they were able to combine both into one login. i just had to tell the which one i wanted. took about 5 minutes. just call and explain. they may be able to help you out
Just a note that the names on the accounts have to match, too. I was unable to link them when one was under "Chuck" and the other under "Charles" I had to make them match to link them.

Happier New Year DVC Family:

I found out more information:/ The Physical Blue Card has been extended until 1-31-2022

Starting tomorrow 1-1-2022/ you can down load your digital card this way:
access My Disney Experience from the app from your mobile device and make sure that you have your Disney Vacation Club membership associated from the Profile page.
Then go to Memberships and Passes and you should see your Disney Vacation Club Membership if it is associated. if it is there:
Then starting tomorrow you should be able to get to your digital Member ID that you can add to your Mobile Wallet so you can access it from the My Disney Experienceapp through the MagicMobile section

Hope this helps....

Here is to 2022.....please be nicer to us all

Robin & Angel 'D'

Happier New Year DVC Family:

I found out more information:/ The Physical Blue Card has been extended until 1-31-2022

Starting tomorrow 1-1-2022/ you can down load your digital card this way:
access My Disney Experience from the app from your mobile device and make sure that you have your Disney Vacation Club membership associated from the Profile page.
Then go to Memberships and Passes and you should see your Disney Vacation Club Membership if it is associated. if it is there:
Then starting tomorrow you should be able to get to your digital Member ID that you can add to your Mobile Wallet so you can access it from the My Disney Experienceapp through the MagicMobile section

Hope this helps....

Here is to 2022.....please be nicer to us all

Robin & Angel 'D'

Or you can do that today in your DVC account. They temp cards are still there.

Just a note that the names on the accounts have to match, too. I was unable to link them when one was under "Chuck" and the other under "Charles" I had to make them match to link them.
Having the same name and email address for everything Disney related also helps when visiting "satellite" resorts, whether on points or on cash. For example, I can see my Vero Beach reservation under MyDisneyExperience, and my Walt Disney World MagicBands work at Aulani.

Having the same name and email address for everything Disney related also helps when visiting "satellite" resorts, whether on points or on cash. For example, I can see my Vero Beach reservation under MyDisneyExperience, and my Walt Disney World MagicBands work at Aulani.

Good info, I didn't know Aulani used Magic Bands.

Good info, I didn't know Aulani used Magic Bands.
It's been trickling out. They were planning an official rollout, but COVID interfered with all of that. The first bit of evidence was a banner ad at ShopDisney that said "MagicBands coming soon to Aulani resort," then we saw an official Stitch Aulani band, but it was only available for purchase in Orlando. Now the official product description for the newest MagicBand design, Mickey Mouse Animal Print MagicBand 2, mentions Aulani specifically.

Regardless, it appears that any MagicBand on your MDX profile should work if everything is linked up properly.

It's been trickling out. They were planning an official rollout, but COVID interfered with all of that. The first bit of evidence was a banner ad at ShopDisney that said "MagicBands coming soon to Aulani resort," then we saw an official Stitch Aulani band, but it was only available for purchase in Orlando. Now the official product description for the newest MagicBand design, Mickey Mouse Animal Print MagicBand 2, mentions Aulani specifically.

Regardless, it appears that any MagicBand on your MDX profile should work if everything is linked up properly.

View attachment 634670

View attachment 634671

View attachment 634669
we were just there in OCT/NOV and our bands did not work/ a little disappointed/ but soon to be...

My online digital membership card has an expiration January 30, 2022. Has a ‘print’ option. I just took a screen shot of it to make easier than logging in each time to see it.

They turned away my paper print card when I was there in September. The CM was pretty rude and adamant it had to be a physical plastic card.

Luckily DH had his blue card.

Disney’s magic wasn’t as present recently including rude unhelpful or seemingly purposely less than pleasant customer service. It was really quite disappointing. I digress.

Kind of a pain to have to go to that screen every time. I’d like it if they added an option to add the card to Apple Wallet / the Android Equivalent like they do with MagicMobile.

Kind of a pain to have to go to that screen every time. I’d like it if they added an option to add the card to Apple Wallet / the Android Equivalent like they do with MagicMobile.
I was able to select a Disney Vacation Club card to my magicmobile … I don’t know if it is official, but it allowed me and my husband to select it but not my children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter