No 6 Day Tickets!

wbl2745

Pointless infinite loops are prohibited.
We were at Disneyland for five nights, wanting to spend six days in the park. Online I saw that I could only buy a five day ticket, but read (in these forums) that you could go to the ticket booths and have them upgrade it to six days for a reasonable price.

When I tried to do this at the ticket booth, the customer service, and the concierge desk at the Grand Californian, where we were staying, I got a flat "No!" They were polite, but absolutely, totally, unequivocally said that it could not be done. My only recourse was to purchase a one day ticket.

We chose not to do that and spent the day wondering around Downtown Disney and the other hotels, until we had to leave for our flight.

Just a word to anyone else who may think that you can get a six day ticket at Disneyland.

We were at Disneyland for five nights, wanting to spend six days in the park. Online I saw that I could only buy a five day ticket, but read (in these forums) that you could go to the ticket booths and have them upgrade it to six days for a reasonable price.

When I tried to do this at the ticket booth, the customer service, and the concierge desk at the Grand Californian, where we were staying, I got a flat "No!" They were polite, but absolutely, totally, unequivocally said that it could not be done. My only recourse was to purchase a one day ticket.

We chose not to do that and spent the day wondering around Downtown Disney and the other hotels, until we had to leave for our flight.

Just a word to anyone else who may think that you can get a six day ticket at Disneyland.
How long ago was the post? I haven’t heard about upgrading to a 6 day in years.

I read the post about upgrading a five day ticket in Disboards, but I will confess that I don't recall when the post was dated. Frankly, it could have been quite old and out of date. In the end it worked out nicely. We had a nice day window shopping, looking at the new shops and restaurants, and enjoying the decorations at the Disneyland Hotel. Live and learn.

I read the post about upgrading a five day ticket in Disboards, but I will confess that I don't recall when the post was dated...
The search feature doesn't always filter by "most recent," so it always pays to check the date of the original post and the date of the most recent reply. Or just post a question here so that you know you'll be getting updated information.
As for tickets beyond 5 days, there are a few options: guests from Australia and NZ can purchase 10 day tickets, guests can always add single day tickets to a 5 day (this can work out, for example, if you will be attending a convention which offers discount tickets), or it might work out (always do the math!) to be more economical to purchase an AP (especially if a second or third trip within a calendar year is in the works). Glad that things worked out well for you in the end.

I like getting the 4 or 5 day tickets so that I get to have that down day just to enjoy getting to go through the Disneyland and Grand Californian Hotels as well as meander through the Disney store. And enjoy a nice leisurely meal or two.

The only people who can get discounted tickets of more than 5 days is people coming from other countries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter