NJ DIS Meet to Benefit GKTW - July 16! $1750.00 RAISED!! WAY TO GO! UPDATE in #293!

*NikkiBell*

Livin’ that DVC & AP life!
2011 Jersey DIS Meet

When: Saturday, July 16th from 1-5 PM

Where: Perkins Pancake House (Next to Hampton Inn)
14 Royal Road, Flemington
Flemington, New Jersey
(908) 237-0500

To Benefit: Give Kids the World Village, Kissimmee, Florida

gtkwlogo.jpg

Important DIS Meet Information

The 2011 Summer NJ DIS Meet is getting closer!!! Things are in full swing and we are very excited about this special event. Below are important details about the meet. Please post here if you have any questions.

Entrance Donation/Fee: $5 per person - All proceeds to go to Give Kids the World - Included in this fee is participation at the event and two tickets for the silent auction/raffle. More tickets will be available to purchase.

Activities:
- Fun Dining with DISers from around the State
- DIS Meet Bingo & Other Activities (No Book Swap)
- Silent Auction/Raffle
- Kids Activities
- Wish List Collection Box with Donations for GKTW Village

Auction Details: We will have a silent auction/raffle during this event. Again, all proceeds to go to Give Kids the World. Each person will receive TWO tickets when they enter the event. More tickets will be available for purchase in the following bundles: 5 tickets for $5, 12 tickets for $10, and 25 tickets for $20. If at all possible, please bring cash with you. Checks made directly out to Give Kids the World Village will also be accepted.

Big Ticket Items Include:

• WDW Restaurant Review Experience with Podcasters Kevin and John
  • Photowalk Experience with Podcaster Kathy Werling
  • Disney Curio Cabinet
  • Vera Bradley Bag
Other Items Include:
  • Disney Lithographs & Animation Cells
  • Autographed Nicholas Sparks Novel
  • Vinylmations
  • Disney Trading Pins
  • Giftcards
  • Handmade Earrings
  • Disney Stoneware Service Set
  • Quilted Throw & Pillows
  • Framed Disney Posters
  • Animal Kingdom Themed Purse
  • Walt Disney Collectibles Figurine
  • Disney Lenox Ornament
  • Give Kids the World Merchandise
  • and much, much more!!!

Attendees:

pklein09 (Michelle), Paul (DH), Kathryn (dd15), Brian (ds 14), Dana (dd 12), and Michael (ds 10)
parrotheadlois & DH (Lois & Greg)
pal-mickey (Phyllis), DH (Frank), Mother (Angie) DD13, & DD17 (Kaileigh & Rebecca)
eeyorelvr09 (Christine)
dgthree (Jenn)
WDWGeek1971 (Janet)
justwinnie (Winnie), DH (Brian), DS3 (Evan), & DS3 (Avery)
*NikkiBell* (Nikki)
wdwscout (Linda) & DH GrmpyTggr (John)
Deb & DS
disney67 (Jeff), DW (Lily), & 2 Children (Philip & Molly)
DVC Kathy & drclaws (Dave)
MyMuse (Michelle)
podsnel (Ellen) - Tentative
amtag (Tracy) & DD (Amanda)
DizFan101
CinderellasSister (Cynthia)
wendydarling826 (Trish) & Sister Alison (alisonwonderland)
sdlong329 (Steven) & DW (Donna)
Tess's Mom (Bernie) & DD (Tess)
SusanWasHere (Susan)
Jerzeegator (Kelly) and DH

Please reply to this post if you are interested in attending. We would LOVE to meet you! Jersey meets are a ton of fun and it's a great way to network with other Disney fans in the state. Just reply to this post with your name and the names of anyone else who is joining in for the fun. Please include names and ages of children, especially, so that we can properly prepare.

If you are unable to come, but would still like to contribute, please consider donating to Nikki's Lox Challenge by following the below link. Remember, it's for the kids!!! :cheer2:

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/shelly-lewis/nikkibelleatsloxforgktw

CLICK HERE TO SEE HOW WE DID TODAY!!

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

EXCELLENT idea!
I'd love to get together for another NJ meet, and adding the Power of 10 for GKTW would really make it special!

I agree- summer would be best. :sunny:

No ideas yet- but I'll start thinking. :idea:

Jersey is not that far away, so I might be able to attend...might arrange to meet up with some on my childhood school mates in the same trip. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Never got to attend the last one so this year might be do-able..what about a meet at great adventure? Instead of buying lunch in the park have people bring their own lunch in coolers in the car etc.. And whatever they were gonna spend on lunch for their family they give to GKTW or forgo a souvenir to give for the cause..they can wear lime green shirts or any color so u can recognize each other in the parks...just an idea. Nice thing is that they have the water park also so if it's too hot that's an option..there's a great park here in Bergen county called van saun..they have a zoo ( 2.00 admission I think) a train, carousel, playground, picnic areas and u can host benefits, parties with permission. This is cheaper and allows bigger families to go without the huge expense..I dunno..just some ideas

Oooh! Neat idea!!! My only concern is that GA is super expensive especially for families. I'm not sure. Anyone else have thoughts?

Keep all of these ideas coming!

I like the Great Adventure idea, but agree it can be too expensive.

I had a chance to check out the Boston/Cars 2 meet idea and am thinking- why not do something similar? If no one has any theater connections (I don't), then maybe just pre-arrange for the meet with one of the theaters (fairly centrally located) and ask participants for a donation for GKTW as part of the deal to attend? We'd still have to pay our own way for the movie.
Cars 2 opens June 24th, but we can pick any time to do the meet- it doesn't have to be opening day.

More ideas??

Didn't someone have a get-together at a CoCo Key? There's one of those in Mt. Laurel. There's a Sahara Sam's somewhere.
http://www.saharasams.com/Default.aspx
Those are both in-door water parks. and the Land of Make Believe is outdoors, reasonably priced.
http://www.lomb.com/

I've never been to any of these, I know people who go to LOMB and they love it.

How did the theater idea work?? Sounds neat.

Is there a public park somewhere that could accommodate a crowd? One that has a pavillion, picnic tables, etc. Everyone could bring their own food, and events could be arranged (i.e. sack race, watermelon seed spitting contest, etc.) for fun. There could be a nominal fee to enter a contest and those proceeds given to GKTW.

Just thoughts...

That's a neat idea, too! Hmm. I am not familiar with parks around here as I just moved back in December.

I do love Tara's idea for the Cars 2 meet. I just would hate to feel like we were "copying" though. Maybe it stems from grade school issues I have. lol

We could always entertain the idea of seeing Cars 2 at the new AMC Dine-in.

I would love to attend a meet. Land of make believe is nice, not too expensive, but definitely geared towards young kids. I agree that great adventure might get to expensive. This is further than most would want to travel, but there's Kneobels in Elysburg, PA. It's free to get in. You can buy either tickets or an all day wrist band. There is a picnic area. A pool for an extra fee. I don't know if people would want to make a weekend out of it, but there is camping and cabins for rent. I've never stayed there overnight, so I don't know how the accommodations are.

Lois, it's far for me too.

What do we do if it rains? Holmdel Park is huge. It might be difficult for people to find us.

hmmm, Greg votes for Land of Make Believe - a rain date. But yes, you're right, should be someplace "weatherproof." Back to square 1 - people??:surfweb:

There is always the Tiki Bar at Pt Pleasant on the Shore. That way those who want to could get a ride fix at the amusement area.

Great idea. Holmdel Park is a beautiful park and a great location for a DIS meet. However, anyone traveling Southbound on GSP on weekends in the summer will run into a parking lot - with everyone coming down to the shore.

Monmouth Park could work - they have a picnic area. It's not expensive and is a fun way to spend an afternoon. Just another idea!

There was a sweet meet in Hershey - does anyone know, did they have a "what if it rains" plan?

Do you mean the one last august? I attended the meet. If there was a rain plan, I didn't hear about it.

Since I'm coming from PA, could I request if the meet is located in central jersey :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter