Nine Dragons-as bad as they say?

Egdisney

Mouseketeer
Doing a quickie trip at the end of November, just decided to go. Booking CP dinner, and it's giving me fits. Mom suggested Mexican or Chinese- My mom says she isn't but she's pickier than I, I've never seen her eat anything similar to the menu at San Angel, so I thought we'd try nine dragons. Are we going to hate it? We love Chinese and I doubt either of us have ever had truly good Chinese food-and we like it anyway, lol.

Did you check the menus for both San Angel Inn and La Hacienda de San Angel and not find anything she would like? I didn't hate Nine Dragons when I went, but I would recommend either Mexican restaurant over it. And, for the record, I don't like San Angel Inn, but at least it has some decent atmosphere to go with the mediocre food.

It's not horrible, it always just reminds me of the Chinese you will get at home. We kind of like going in there late in the afternoon, never crowded so you get good service, the food is not bad and it's nice and quiet.

It's not horrible, but it's basically what you would get at an average Chinese place in any town in the USA (not even a very 'good' one). You're not really going to find authentic items on the menu board... they used to have a full duck dinner, but that's been gone for years.

The main problem with it is that it's basically the same food you could get 'wherever' for probably at least five dollars more per entree (if not more like ten) then what you'd pay 'wherever'.

Still, the food's not bad. Just... average, expensive and nonauthenic, which is disappointing. It's definite Americanized Chinese rather then actual Chinese.

We walked in for lunch during Labor Day week and enjoyed it here. I agree that the food wasn't different but it did taste good and the quiet atmosphere was a nice break from the heat outside. We ordered the Honey Chicken and the Pork Bowl and the cucumber salad appetizer (very good). Also had the iced tea - flavored but not too strong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter