!!nightmare with Air Canada!!!

From Jarets original post, sounds like they were at the airport 2 hours + before. We live about 30 minutes from the airport (20 really ~ building in traffic and lights). We are also on the 10:15am flight. I think I'll plan to arrive at the airport at 7:30am, almost 3 hours before the flight. If the flight is delayed, it'll make for a long morning, but I'll bring lots of stuff for the kids. Watching airplanes and colouring goes a long way with my kids. Sandra

Dreamin disney we left the hotel at 7am(at the latest) and it was no more than 10 minutes on a shuttle to the airport.I have always believed the earlier the better.Plus it gives me a chance to make sure everyone eats before the flight.The Air Canada rep at the gate(the same one who found us an earlier flight,than landing in Orlando at 22:30 hrs) told us she had been working on re-booking options for people since 6 am for our flight at 10:15 thus they knew we would not get on.What makes me mad is we originally had seats but Air Canada kept changing the aircraft type and does not bother to rebooked confirmed seats.Since we booked with Air Canada Vacations I am writing them letters(that is where I must start)because I bought the whole package from them.

I called AC reservations directly and that's who I call when I have questions. I am glad our seats did follow the flight change and time ~ however I will monitor then often, I'll call the night before and the morning of departure to make sure. I don't want to get myself or family overly alarmed on "what if's" but I am glad I read this post ~ it certainly educated me. Thanks! Sandra

I called AC reservations directly and that's who I call when I have questions. I am glad our seats did follow the flight change and time ~ however I will monitor then often, I'll call the night before and the morning of departure to make sure. I don't want to get myself or family overly alarmed on "what if's" but I am glad I read this post ~ it certainly educated me. Thanks! Sandra

I too have been one of the lucky ones with Air Canada (knock on wood). I have a seat bought and paid for but the flight is not until September 11. They have already called me twice at my office with flight time changes. The customer service reps have been wonderful, perhaps because of the anniversary I am flying on, or because I am travellig solo, I don't know. Regardless, I will be following up regularly before the flight to ensure any additional changes are noted.

I have been bumped by them before - but usually always on a volunteer basis. And not without some kind of compensation as well. Once on a flight home from the UK, I got a $500 voucher for one hours inconvenience. Of course, that was a few years back when they still had competition. :rolleyes:

When I called AC this week, they said they really try not to bump folks because they don't like paying compensation. I beleive Toronto to Orlando compensation is $300 with expiry booking dates. I might consider a bump up to 3 hours for compensation on this next trip. We get in before check in time anyway and I didn't plan anything but relaxing by the pool for the first day. The second day we have PS at Cindy's, now that would get me POed! S

Thanks for the info Jaret and Sandra .... we're flying on the 10:15 am flight too, and I know our flights have changed two or three times already. We still have assigned seats, but now I'll double check at the last minute just to make sure we're not bumped.

By the way, did they serve you any meals on this flight?

I asked about the food, yes, meals ~ I also requested kids meals for my kids. I also asked what was on the TV! Chat soon! S

The others in our party who caught the flight from toronto to Orlando said they served sandwiches on the flight ,on our return we only had a bag of chips.

I have noticed a switch to "hand-held" foods that don't require cutlery as a security issue. That probably accounts for the sandwich, but not the chips. On our flight to Orlando last September (only 1 week after Sept 11) , we were given a fork, but no knife for our meal.

As long as they can give me a glass of water to swallow my gravol with, I don't really care what they serve, or how. I can't imagine how much of my almost $600 fare goes towards the meal which looks like about 50 cents worth of food.

I usually travel with my father who is very finicky about what he eats anyway - think of him as my 75 year old child!!. I always have to make him a few sandwiches and we bring our own bottles of water, granola bars, apples, etc. It is important for his health that he eat at certain times, and who knows what kind of delays you can experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter