• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nightlife on the Wish?

Tritons is apparently REALLY small. So I can’t see that working either unless they run the same show/entertainment for all three nights.

was thinking the same thing - on the walking tours doesn’t seem to be a suitable place for either silent disco/dancing, or the quiz type adults only events & quizzes etc

Will be super disappointed if that sort of cruise programming has disappeared and made way for more kids stuff & a Star Wars bar 🙄

Keg and Compass looks ideal for the types of adult trivia and games played in the pub venue on the other ships.

Keg and Compass looks ideal for the types of adult trivia and games played in the pub venue on the other ships.
I don’t think it’ll work in there - they need a stage for some of the “game shows” and it wouldn’t work for bingo either

They used to have multiple venues for trivia and activities etc. including the pub. I’d guess that Nightingale’s and Bayou will also be used for things like this which is fine.

The adult evening entertainment was never in the pub - there is a separate area on each ship for this like The Tube or Fathomes etc - this is what is missing from the Wish and there seems to be no other venue that would really work.

They used to have multiple venues for trivia and activities etc. including the pub. I’d guess that Nightingale’s and Bayou will also be used for things like this which is fine.

The adult evening entertainment was never in the pub - there is a separate area on each ship for this like The Tube or Fathomes etc - this is what is missing from the Wish and there seems to be no other venue that would really work.

Although we haven't done dancing on a cruise my inlaws and friend love to.

Too bad they couldn't dedicate more space for a dance floor instead of all those high end retail
stores.

I’m guessing the room tritons I did hear not all entertainment was up and running and didn’t see any pictures of that
Tritons was blocked off for a lot of the cruises for media interviews. Probably can hold about 50-60 or so. Good for some of the adult only spots but thinking that things like match your mate will be in one of the two movie theaters given the open spaces

I think this is the biggest concern for the ship. There may just not be enough adult spaces and some of the designated adult spaces are open onto main hall ways which means they arent really adult spaces at all. there seems to be no obvious space for dancing at the end of the night and they may try to manufacture one but even if they do it doesnt look like it will actually be one that encourages people to dance. Luna does not look like it would be a good place for it. Neither does triton. And the bayou is completely open onto a hall way.

also small adults deck area and less adults pools.

adults may be wandering around the ship after dropping their kids off at the club wondering what the hell do we do?

The Bayou looks to be taking the place of Promenade lounge on other ships There are multiple bars that will be adults only after 9 just like the other ships. I agree no Tube or other such venue, but Luna could do double duty, family entertainment before 9 pm, adult show or games after or re arrange some tables and you have a dance floor with a stage for band/dj. I kind of like that the bars are spread out and not all clustered together.

I don’t think it’ll work in there - they need a stage for some of the “game shows” and it wouldn’t work for bingo either
They have plenty of space for bingo. The only thing that is really missing is the nightclub area. But in all of my cruises, I never saw more then a handful of people in there "dancing the night away". Plus for most of the day, it sat empty. I think that they are trying to use the space more efficiently.

They have plenty of space for bingo. The only thing that is really missing is the nightclub area. But in all of my cruises, I never saw more then a handful of people in there "dancing the night away". Plus for most of the day, it sat empty. I think that they are trying to use the space more efficiently.
On my last Fantasy cruise they used the Tube for towel folding, trivia etc… it was definitely in use for more than just the adult entertainment!

I don’t know how Luna will work as the adult entertainment since so many reports say that the top level is just open to the hallway. And the bottom level has windows

I see parents complaining about their kids being exposed to things like Match Your Mate if they go down that route.

On my last Fantasy cruise they used the Tube for towel folding, trivia etc… it was definitely in use for more than just the adult entertainment!

I don’t know how Luna will work as the adult entertainment since so many reports say that the top level is just open to the hallway. And the bottom level has windows

I see parents complaining about their kids being exposed to things like Match Your Mate if they go down that route.
Then, obviously, parents need to be aware and monitor their children and circumvent that area after 9 pm. However can’t imagine they would be exposed to much of anything just passing by.

It doesn't look all that open to the hallway on the updated deck plans. It looks like there are two narrow entrances that could easily have doors added if parents complain.

What are the hours for the adult places these days on Disney? Everything pretty much closed down by 11 pm on our Disney cruise, except on New Year's Eve. But not different than the HAL, Celebrity, and NCL cruises in recent years. Nightlife has sort of gone out of favor on many cruise ships.
Far cry from my first cruise in 1980 when the night club didn't even open until 1:30 am and closed at sunrise.

The Bayou looks to be taking the place of Promenade lounge on other ships There are multiple bars that will be adults only after 9 just like the other ships. I agree no Tube or other such venue, but Luna could do double duty, family entertainment before 9 pm, adult show or games after or re arrange some tables and you have a dance floor with a stage for band/dj. I kind of like that the bars are spread out and not all clustered together.
I read somewhere yesterday about Luna, and you are exactly right. They are planning on using it as an adult themed venue at night.

They have another area that was closed off for the media cruise. I imagine that they can do match your mate in that room. But as far as the dancing, there is no reason why they can't use Luna for the dancing at night.

They have another area that was closed off for the media cruise. I imagine that they can do match your mate in that room. But as far as the dancing, there is no reason why they can't use Luna for the dancing at night.
This was Tritons but I believe its small compared to the current places that are used for things like this (and usually full). I agree though there is little reason that Luna couldn't be used for dancing at night. I don't know what people think "dancing" means but I've never seen anything that would cause parents to be horrified on a Disney ship. Match Your Mate is about as adult as it gets and even that isn't to the point where a child randomly walking by would be traumatised or a parent horrified.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter