Night Rides at Disneyland and DCA

Night time is my favorite times in the parks.

Radiator Springs Racers for sure is a must do and other night favorites are Jungle Cruse and Incredicoaster.

If you can time out Big Thunder to be on it during fireworks that is kinda epic.

All of them… ;) I jest of course. My faves at night are basically any that are outisde:

Incredicoaster, Racers, Alice, Dumbo (yes, I still love Dumbo) and Big Thunder definitely top the list. Also prefer Jungle Cruise at night.

You can't go wrong with anything in Fantasyland! King Arthur's Carrousel, Dumbo and Casey Jr. all come to mind during this time, specifically because they offer views of the land's beautiful lighting.

An added bonus to doing these late (post-fireworks) is that most of the kiddos are tired out and gone for the night. Which means shorter lines all around!

I once rode the Incredicoaster at night in the front seat—so cool! I’ve never done Silly Symphony Swings at night but I bet that’s great too. Pixar Pal-Around (non-swinging unless you have a super strong stomach).

I think the harder question is which rides are better during the day? Because I can't think of too many! :-)

I even prefer the dark rides at night.... I think I can see details much better without having my eyes to adjust as much going into those dark spaces.

Big Thunder at night is my single favourite ride.
We rode Incredicoaster at night a bunch this last trip and that is a lot of fun.
Splash Mountain as well.

Basically, I like rides where you can see clumps of light/colour all throughout the park. The lights along the Rivers of America, the Pixar Pier, the Radiator Springs backdrop, that sort of thing. It's really beautiful. Add the night sky too.

I'll add to the chorus about Radiator Springs Racer.

Also, the rides in Galaxy's Edge are indoors so day/night doesn't matter, but GE itself is beautiful at night, especially the Millennium Falcon.
Actually ROTR changes to a nighttime environment for take off/landing so it is worth doing then!

Galaxy’s Edge is my fave at night - I especially love the fireworks with the Falcon in the foreground.

Matterhorn (its almost a different ride at night, its so great at night)
Big Thunder
Tea Cups
Casey Jr Train

Most rides that are outside are better at night with two excepts
The Disneyland Railroad I think its much better in the day time because you can see much more of the Rivers of America
Also Jungle Cruise, not to say either day or night is better but both are very good and thats more on your preference

But other rides besides those two are better at night

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter