Night EMH

tarrbear

DIS Veteran
So on June 18th we have EMH for MK for 12am-3am, has anyone been in the parks during this time? How are the crowds?

And just for some backing info, were all teenagers going, so we can handle the late hours haha!

So on June 18th we have EMH for MK for 12am-3am, has anyone been in the parks during this time? How are the crowds?

And just for some backing info, were all teenagers going, so we can handle the late hours haha!

The general rule is that "the later the hour, the fewer the guests."

If the EMH starts at midnight, figure having much of MK as "semi-private" by 1AM, or so.

It is a LOT of fun! :thumbsup2

Be aware that all of the shops (even the Emporium) will close up by 3AM sharp (or even a bit before) so, unlike on regular hours nights, you can't linger and browse awhile after the PM EMH.

It's strange to walk up Main Street and see all the lights on, but all of the stores closed.

Yes I go to those hours all the time if I'm there during the summer months. It's still very crowded from about 12 to 1. It starts to empty out between 1 and 2. Then after 2, it's pretty much a walk on for any ride except for possibly space mountain and peter pan. For whatever reasons, those rides always seem to get bottled up towards the close.

we *love* the late hours (and we have a 2yo! he's a trooper! LOL!) 'cause the parks are totally empty the last hour or two... well worth staying up for... and disney parks late at night are awesome... plus the lines for the buses are usually pretty short getting back to the resort (which btw, at 1am or later is like a ghost town!)

We planned our trip for this July around hitting one of the MK late nights. Make sure you get in a nap in the afternoon, schedule a late dinner and enjoy! My favorite souvenier from last year is a Peter Pan Fast Pass Ticket that has a return time of 2:15AM-3:00AM :lmao:

My favorite souvenier from last year is a Peter Pan Fast Pass Ticket that has a return time of 2:15AM-3:00AM :lmao:

I didn't know you could get Fast Passes for night EMH. Do you need a wrist band to go to the machine, or do they give them out after the EMH starts? Do they give them out for morning EMH too? I don't think they did last time we were there. We've never done the evening hours.

I went in April one time for my birthday. They had late hours and it was the BEST even though it rained. It was still amazing. Not many people at all.

So glad to hear positive things about EMH. It seems like most of what I read on this board is to avoid EMH parks, but I have us scheduled for 3 different evening EMH nights since we aren't really morning people.

I don't think they did the wrist bands last year - showed your room key card. I can't believe the FP machines were still working either at 2AM - funny. It is definitely worthwhile!

I went to the EMH at the Magic Kingdom last night (6/11) that were open until 2:00 a.m. I got there a little after 11:30 and was a bit surprised by how many people were still there after both the fireworks and the electrical light parade let out. At midnight Space Mountain was still on a 60+ minute wait, which I was a little surprised by. I was hoping it would have cleared out a bit more after midnight, but suspect that by 1:00 a.m. it would have been a different story. It was really fun to walk around and see the Magic Kingdom "late night," which I had never experienced before.

We love EMK especially in the MK.

We go back to our room for a nap in the afternoon and head out for dinner around 6:00. Like the others have said the crowds start to thin out around 1:00.

If you're like us, we need something to eat about 11:00. Don't wait too long because eateries start to close.

We've only done it once and DS was pretty young and not happy. :rotfl: I think we're going to try and it do it again since he's older. But to answer your question, it's amazing. It's still a little muggy, but there are very little crowds. On the days that we do plan to do EMH we're just going to hang around the resort all day and get plenty of rest, maybe head out around 7 or 8pm. Have fun. :goodvibes

Hoping for the best on July 3 when MK EMH are until 3am! This will be our first time so late at the park. Kids are teens and DH stays up late, I just hope I can hang in there, lol.

Def. a good time. Got on peter pan in about a 20 minute wait and splash mountain is fun at night. however we didn't get to space mountain because the wait was 70 minutes, even right before the park closed. plan to sleep in a little longer the next day :)

I love Evening Extra Magic Hours in all of the Parks.:)

World Showcase is GREAT during EEMH and Animal Kingdom is gorgeous at night.:)

Here is an old MK EEMH Times Guide.Be sure to pick up a current EEMH Times Guide during your trip for the up-to-date schedule.:)

021.jpg

I didn't know you could get Fast Passes for night EMH. Do you need a wrist band to go to the machine, or do they give them out after the EMH starts? Do they give them out for morning EMH too? I don't think they did last time we were there. We've never done the evening hours.

Fastpasses during EMH is up to each attraction manager. And just for clarification, I have personally been the 1st person to Space Mountain, and the Fastpass Machines were on and running but first return time was at 9:05 AM (5 mins after "Official" Park Opening).

I don't think they did the wrist bands last year - showed your room key card. I can't believe the FP machines were still working either at 2AM - funny. It is definitely worthwhile!

Wristbands are the OLD system for Extra Magic Hours. Due to all resort guests having a Key to the World (KTTW) which acts as their room key, and for most, their park ticket. Use to, about 2 hours before the start of EMH you could find the wristband stations located throughout the park where you went to a CM who scanned your KTTW. If it was valid, you would recieve a wristband which must be worn for the duration of EMH. At the beginning of the night, they would try to clear out the park of those without a wristband, and they would check them at the entrance to each attraction...

HOWEVER: CURRENT SYSTEM: At the beginning of EMH all non-EMH attractions begin to close down, and stop taking in new guests. All EMH attractions (and some EMH resturants) require the CMs at the entrance to check each person for a KTTW. Some will inspect it, others will simply glance, and if it is valid, the person may enter the attraction. If you don't have a KTTW you can still shop, and eat at most cart & CS locations.

-pwmitch237

so if youre not a resort guest you can still hang around in the park, after 'closing'
you just cannot eat or ride the rides?

would love to see animal kingdom at night

so if youre not a resort guest

1- you can still hang around in the park, after 'closing'

2- you just cannot eat

3- or ride the rides?

4- would love to see animal kingdom at night

For EMH:

1- Yes.
2- You can purchase food or anything else you like.
3- Riding the rides are the restricted activities.
4- It's a beautiful park at night.

For EMH:

1- Yes.
2- You can purchase food or anything else you like.
3- Riding the rides are the restricted activities.
4- It's a beautiful park at night.
:woohoo:
thanks robbo,
thats great news, it closes at 5 everyday while im there in november, so it will be touch and go how dark it is by closing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter