• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nifty Fifty: The Great return of the Sauciers! - April 2022 TR

Happy New Year Everyone!!

Here's hoping everyone has a great 2023. We have 2 trips planned for this year, and I can't wait! I went back to work yesterday and the girls are off to school today. So, back to the grind for everyone. It was a nice week off but I was ready to get back to a routine.

Day Six: Eating Around the World

It was finally time to start our eat around the world! And we were hungry. Andy and I didn't eat much for breakfast knowing we would be eating alot today. And I was ready!!

Put stopped at the bathrooms on the way into the world showcase. And noticed the freshly closed Starbucks location. It was open I am pretty sure the day before. But now vacant. Have they put anything there yet? So strange that they would just leave it like that.

We went to Canada Food Booth first. Having flower and garden did help with the whole endeavor. As Canada doesn't really have a counter service option otherwise...
Untitled
We decided to shared the scallops and the milkshake that they were offering.

Untitled
Seared Scallops with French Green Beans, Butter Potatoes, Brown Butter Vinaigrette, and applewood-smoked bacon
The vinaigrette was VERY vinegary and Andy hates vinegar. I don’t mind it vinegar and it was too much for me as well. So it was very over powering. Gwen liked the scallops but not enough to eat more than one bite. Trying the scallops was a big tasting step for her. But I kind of agree with her on scallops. They aren't bad I just don't love them enough to order them places. Andy and Morgan love scallops and they ate them but def a little dissapointed in our first food option.

Maple Popcorn Shake
Both girls liked the Maple Shake. Suprise-ingly, It wasn’t too heavy. It was kind of the same consistency of blue milk... not really a milk shake. It was fine for the adults. I wouldn't say anyone HAS to try it. But it wasn't bad.

We wandered around the Canada Pavillon. I wanted to try and take it slow today and really enjoy each pavillon as we went.
Untitled

Plus the passports they girls got had a place for a stamp in each country. So, we went to get stamp for passport.

They no longer do stamps, it’s stickers now. Which was actually fine. There was a CM at a table with stickers and some starter passports. So, we grabbed a sticker and explored some more.

Took the back path and up and around.
Untitled
We found the waterfall! The back area is really pretty and quiet! Def a good place to go if you are looking to get away from the crowds a bit.

We checked out the store and then headed out.
Untitled
I took this picture for my friend who loves women's hockey. Andy also started taking selfies for some reason...
67225125879__22F14A2F-078E-4382-AC4E-2D85C50A0888

Untitled

Finally it was time to head to the next country... England next! The girls were dreading England the most. They didn’t want fish and chips, but that was really the only option if it wasn't flower and garden.

Untitled
We decided to try the scone instead. (I feel like this was cheating a bit but... fish and chips would have filled us up a lot)

Untitled

Untitled
BLT Scone with Nueske’s Applewood Bacon, sundried tomato, and basil.
Scone wasn’t bad but not amazing either. It wasn’t dry like I had heard and the girls liked it. The bacon stuff on the side was fairly salty but balanced out with the sweetness of the scone. You def needed to eat it together.

Andy also ordered a Snakebite, which was Blake’s Hard Cider Co. Triple Jam Hard Cider and Samuel Smith Old Brewery Pure Brewed Organic Lager
It was good, it was what you would expect it to be. Andy drank most of that as I had my eye on a drink in the next country...

We did have to eat on the curb by the telephone booths. (Which by the way, my children have NO idea what they are for...)

Untitled

We headed to find the kidcot once we finished our scone. In the first store, I found honeycomb with Carmel on it. I bought to bring home and it was really good! Highly recommend to buy and bring home for later.

Saw that you can buy daggers in England. And there was actually 2 different people looking at them when we walked by.
Untitled
I am all for different souvenirs.. but daggers is a little too different for me. Ha!

We found the kidcot "station" at the back of the store of the right hand side. And By station, it was literally a CM and a podium with stickers.
Untitled
International CM weren't back yet and these stations were really lacking because of it.

Untitled

Untitled
I seriously considered buying this pillow but had no where to put it in our house.

We then went into the store on the other side. The tea store where I bought a tea timer for my mom.
IMG_2570
Each one is a different length depending on the type of tea. They wrapped it up nice and good for me.

They also had free iced tea tastings you could try. Just little dixie cups worth but still nice.

It was around now I got our Room Ready Email and Text! We were room 2019.

We headed to France next.

Morgan wanted the Beignet from the food booth but Gwen wanted crepe. So, we split up. Morgan and I got in the line at the food booth and Andy and Gwen went back to the new crepe restaurant.
Untitled

Morgan and I got our order quickly and found a table. Shortly Gwen and Andy came back empty handed. Andy said the line was fairly long. We never did get crepes. That will def be on our list next trip.

Untitled

Beignet Caramelise, Fourre Creme Vanille, Glace au Caramel Fleur de Sel, Caramalized Beignet filled with Vanilla Cream and Glazed with Carmel Fleur de Sel.
We split the beignet between the 4 of us, which was very good but basically a donut with carmel on top.

And I of course, got a La Vie en Rose Frozen Slush, Vodka Grey Goose L’Ornage, St. Germain Liquer, White and Red Cranberry Juice
This was very good as well but I do think I like the original more.

We went in search for Kidcot.
Untitled
This is the ceiling in the wine store on the right hand side. I don't think I had ever really been in there. It was beautiful.

Untitled
We finally found it in the kidcot in waaaayyy back. In the store where the counter service is, by the exit of the movie. We didn't linger in France long as we have spent plenty of time in France.

We did stop at a bonus country! La Isia Fresca! I wanted to try the arepa.
Untitled

Andy and the girls went to grab a table that was opening up. And I waited for the food but I had ordered 2 drinks and the arepas. The CM lady kindly stacked the arepa on top of my drink.

Untitled

Untitled
We were able to get a table, but it only had 3 chairs so Andy sat on the curb... sigh... The area was really nice, they had plants in a circle kind of making a nice little seating area.

We ordered the Arepa with chorizo

Chorizo Arepa was delicious! One of the favorites of the day. Everyone really liked it, except maybe Gwen. But I can't really remember at this point.

And the tropical breeze - Lemonade, Grapefruit and Simple Syrup
Tropics Breeze was VERY grapefruit-y and less tropical. Gwen did not like. Morgan thought it was ok.

Islamorada Beer Company - Coconut Key Lime Ale
The beer was an impulse order, as I love Key Lime Pie but it was also just ok. It was very coconut-y. Andy said it smelled like suntan lotion.

After we finished our food, we did a quick walk through of the Encanto garden. It was so small! But cute.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Up next more eating around the world!

If that pillow is still in the UK pavilion the next time I go it’s coming home with me! I don’t know how you resisted temptation!

Looks like a good time eating your way around!

I ate at the crew restaurant a while back if you like crepes it’s not a bad spot!

Last edited:
So sorry to hear about your mom! I am glad she is out of ICU and hope she gets to come home soon.

My company also closes for xmas break, it was nice to totally disconnect and spend some time with my babies, but also ready to interact with adults again haha.

I am so torn on Genie+ I hate having to wake up early for it. In my perfect world, you would not be able to reserve a ride until you are in the park, similar to the OG fast pass system, but somehow that would also be a disaster.

Sounds like despite not getting Remy, you have had a nice morning! Looking forward to more!

I ate at the crew restaurant a while back if you like crepes it’s about a bad spot!
Good to know!!! We will have some down days on our July trip this year.

My company also closes for xmas break, it was nice to totally disconnect and spend some time with my babies, but also ready to interact with adults again haha.
It was the first time I have had the whole week off! And it went by fast!!!

I am so torn on Genie+ I hate having to wake up early for it. In my perfect world, you would not be able to reserve a ride until you are in the park, similar to the OG fast pass system, but somehow that would also be a disaster.
I am just stuck in my ways. I liked knowing that I had certain FP before we got there. To at least ride once... I have to embrace it.

Good to know!!! We will have some down days on our July trip this year.

It was the first time I have had the whole week off! And it went by fast!!!

I am just stuck in my ways. I liked knowing that I had certain FP before we got there. To at least ride once... I have to embrace it.
Omg that should have said not a bad spot…. Maybe you got that who knows I need to go back to bed it’s been all typos and mistakes today

Maybe you got that who knows I need to go back to bed it’s been all typos and mistakes today
Can I do that too?

Looks like a great start to the booths. I am going to have a day in February when we are there for cheer with just me and Monty. I figure eating and drinking around the World is in order. hahaha
Nice!!!! I will say that it is exhausting! You don't ever really sit down. It really sucks the energy out of you. But def fun to do.

Seared Scallops with French Green Beans, Butter Potatoes, Brown Butter Vinaigrette, and applewood-smoked bacon
The vinaigrette was VERY vinegary and Andy hates vinegar. I don’t mind it vinegar and it was too much for me as well. So it was very over powering. Gwen liked the scallops but not enough to eat more than one bite. Trying the scallops was a big tasting step for her. But I kind of agree with her on scallops. They aren't bad I just don't love them enough to order them places. Andy and Morgan love scallops and they ate them but def a little dissapointed in our first food option.

I'm not a fan of scallops either. I guess because we have such good seafood down here.

We found the waterfall! The back area is really pretty and quiet! Def a good place to go if you are looking to get away from the crowds a bit.

We love this area. The girls always wanted to take pictures in front of the waterfall when they were younger.

We did have to eat on the curb by the telephone booths. (Which by the way, my children have NO idea what they are for...)

Don't tell me the girls have never had their pictures taken in the phone booths? This was another photo must for my girls.

I am all for different souvenirs.. but daggers is a little too different for me. Ha!

Many years ago in 2004 we actually bought a dagger for our son Brent at the knife store that use to be in castle at MK. This was our first trip he didn't come with us. It wasn't actually a dagger but a letter opener that looked like a medieval dagger.

We then went into the store on the other side. The tea store where I bought a tea timer for my mom.

Very cool.

And I of course, got a La Vie en Rose Frozen Slush, Vodka Grey Goose L’Ornage, St. Germain Liquer, White and Red Cranberry Juice
This was very good as well but I do think I like the original more.

So good!

This is the ceiling in the wine store on the right hand side. I don't think I had ever really been in there. It was beautiful.

I have never looked up and saw this. I need to look up next trip.

After we finished our food, we did a quick walk through of the Encanto garden. It was so small! But cute.
We loved this area, so bright and colorful. Danielle had to take photos here too when we went in April.

I am enjoying reading about your culinary trip around the world. You got some great photos too. My son loves crepes and we ended up going inside the new restaurant in France to eat as it had barely any queue compared to the takeout line and from memory the prices were about the same?? The food was delicious but definitely filling so perhaps not ideal if you’re snacking at all the other booths.
I laughed when you said the girls had no idea what the phone booths were. My boys think we are from another planet when we tell them we used to ring eachother from phone boxes when we were dating as I lived in nurses accommodation as a student nurse and mobiles didn’t exist😂. We are old!!! A few years of 60 and still ancient! 😂😂

I have never looked up and saw this. I need to look up next trip.

our son Brent at the knife store that use to be in castle at MK. This was our first trip he didn't come with us. It wasn't actually a dagger but a letter opener that looked like a medieval dagger.

Don't tell me the girls have never had their pictures taken in the phone booths? This was another photo must for my girls

I'm not a fan of scallops either. I guess because we have such good seafood down here.
You have different seafood than us northerners...

I hope your mom is feeling better and I am looking forward to your next trip report.
Thanks for following along!

thank for posting! I enjoyed reading your story!
Thanks for following along! I hope to get another installment out later today!

My son loves crepes and we ended up going inside the new restaurant in France to eat as it had barely any queue compared to the takeout line and from memory the prices were about the same??
I def think the France Crepe restaurant is on our list for our next trip!

My boys think we are from another planet when we tell them we used to ring eachother from phone boxes when we were dating as I lived in nurses accommodation as a student nurse and mobiles didn’t exist😂. We are old!!! A few years of 60 and still ancient!
It's just a different world now!

So sorry about your Mom not feeling great, I hope shes on the mend!

You got a lot done at F&G that day! Excited to read more!

Hello Everyone!!!

I am sorry I am leaving such big gaps in this trip report. But life is really beating me up. But I do want to finish this trip report One day... I hope everyone is enjoying winter... Do people say that? I guess if you Ski or something? Festival of the Arts started and I am sad. We used to always go in Feb and FARTS was "our festival" But sadly we aren't going this year.

Anyway!!! Let's get back to the trip report!

Day Six: More Eating Around the World!

I left us off with our stop at La Isla. It was about 1:45 now, and we headed to Morocco next. This used to be Andy and I favorite place for a light lunch before covid. But sadly the quick service hasn't really come back fully.

But first we grabbed photo pass photos in Morocco as there was only 1 family waiting.
https://flic.kr/p/2o4k3xz]Untitled[/url]

https://flic.kr/p/2o4koxN]Untitled[/url]

https://flic.kr/p/2o4hzZQ]Untitled[/url]

We went inside right after, and ordered the chicken skewer. Girls went to get a table while Andy and I ordered. It took a bit as they were literally grilling a fresh batch of chicken. Which I can't complain about. So many times you get food that was clearly sitting around, so something fresh is always welcome!

Girls ended up finding a table inside. Meet up with them.

https://flic.kr/p/2o4nVQV]IMG_1454[/url]
Flavors of the Medina - Harissa Chicken Grilled Kebab Skewer
The chicken skewer was very good. It was moist and the yogurt sauce was tasty. The pilaf was just ok for me. It had too many almonds for my liking but not bad. The girls said the same.

Somewhere around I started poking around and trying to get something else good for LL. No luck so far.

The window right by where we were sitting. Morocco really is a beautiful pavillion.
https://flic.kr/p/2obZcsE]IMG_1455[/url] by https://www.flickr.com/photos/139829364@N03/]Ariella Saucier[/url], on Flickr

After we finished our snack, which went fast, We went and found the kid Kot. This one was tuck away on the side. (like in one of the outdoor rooms, have you been in them? ) The kidcots def didn’t have the feel they normally do since there are no cm from those countries. It was basically take the card and go.

Next up was Japan! I was going to get Fruishi but Gwen didn’t want it. And they didn't want sushi. So we got a Kakjori instead, which we had never had before.

The Kabuki Cafe line moved SO slowly!!! They only really sell the Kakiori and pre-packaged sushi. The CM members in there were just not in a rush. Which is fine except it was hot in the sun in that line!

We decided on 2 flavors:
Karakoram with Melon and Strawberry
Untitled

Girls found a seat in the quick service seating area. There were plenty of tables in the shade over there and it was quiet! Highly recommend if you are looking for a place to sit and rest for a bit.
Untitled
I mean look at calming this looks. All of that Bamboo is hiding the main area by the lagoon. It was really nice.

Untitled

Untitled
We sat and shared the shaved ice. It made a HUGE mess! Sticky sugary mess. But it was nice a cool and refreshing. Nothing amazing about it, It's shaved ice and sugar flavoring. But still good.

Untitled

We talked about our plan as it was almost time for our frozen LL. It was 2:24 and we needed to be in Norway before 3:30. So, we decided to mobile order from America and then head straight to Norway after that.

I mobile ordered something from Regal Eagle while we sat. We skipped finding the kidcot in Japan, for the sake of time. And headed to America.

At first we sat at a table outside and I got in line at the bar outside to get a drink. While in line, I realized there were tables inside. And send everyone else inside to sit in some air conditioning.

I ordered the Moonshine Sour from the outside bar.
Untitled
This was really good. It was def sour, like the name. But I love drinks like this! As I got my drink our order ready popped up.

I headed inside to grab the food and find Andy and the girls.

So, what did we order? What is more american than an order of Onion Rings!
Untitled
We were getting full at this point, and trying to still pace ourselves. I still want to try the actual BBQ here.
Onions were onions rings… They were very good but nothing special. We each got 1, which was fine.

We also ordered the berry punch was good but the girls were meh on it. Tasted fruit punchy and Morgan has an aversion to that so she didn’t drink it.
Untitled

I will say we don't normally order this many non-alcholic drinks but the girls passports had food and drink slots. And they wanted to fill it all in. So, if there was an option we were ordering it. And I have to say alot of them we didn't really like.

Untitled

Again we skipped finding the kidcot in order to get to Norway in time.

We started walking to Norway, and got stuck in Africa because they lifted the bridge up. The floats that went by, were like 2” too tall. bad planning!

Untitled
We were on our way shortly, only like 5 minutes for the thing to go up, boats go by and come back down. Not a big deal.

We made it to Norway with a few minutes 3:25.

Untitled

And first priority was to find the hidden sword in the waterfall before going in.
Untitled
If you watch Molly videos you know what I am talking about. There is a sword hidden in the waterfall between the entrance to the ride and the stores. It is REALLY hard to see, even in person. But it's def there!

We got into line at 3:29 and on ride by 3:36. Frozen
Untitled

While in line I checked the app to see if I could get anything.

At 3:33 a Remy popped up for a 5:00 time! I tried to grab it and some how managed to get it for 5:30 - 6:30!

Once I booked that, I noticed Test Track was available. so, I grabbed a 7:10 - 8:10. It was 3:35 when I was able to score both. NO idea if these times still apply for possible drop of extra availability or what. But 3:30 was a good time for me!

So, after the ride we decided on a NEW new plan with all of our ride selections now.

Up next... How long would we last? Would we actually manage to ride both Remy & Test Tracks? Would we finish eating around the world?

]
52545727086_930035a303_z.jpg

Great photo and I love this overlay.

Flavors of the Medina - Harissa Chicken Grilled Kebab Skewer
The chicken skewer was very good. It was moist and the yogurt sauce was tasty. The pilaf was just ok for me. It had too many almonds for my liking but not bad. The girls said the same.

This really sounds good.

The window right by where we were sitting. Morocco really is a beautiful pavillion.

It is a beautiful pavilion.

After we finished our snack, which went fast, We went and found the kid Kot. This one was tuck away on the side. (like in one of the outdoor rooms, have you been in them? ) The kidcots def didn’t have the feel they normally do since there are no cm from those countries. It was basically take the card and go.

Hopefully now that some of the international students have started coming back it's better.

So we got a Kakjori instead, which we had never had before.

My 2 oldest had this on their very first visit in 1999. They really liked it.

I mean look at calming this looks. All of that Bamboo is hiding the main area by the lagoon. It was really nice.

Just beautiful.

We started walking to Norway, and got stuck in Africa because they lifted the bridge up. The floats that went by, were like 2” too tall. bad planning!

I haven't had this happen since 2002.

If you watch Molly videos you know what I am talking about. There is a sword hidden in the waterfall between the entrance to the ride and the stores. It is REALLY hard to see, even in person. But it's def there!

I have never seen this but I think it's part of the Duck Tales Adventure now.

At 3:33 a Remy popped up for a 5:00 time! I tried to grab it and some how managed to get it for 5:30 - 6:30!

Once I booked that, I noticed Test Track was available. so, I grabbed a 7:10 - 8:10. It was 3:35 when I was able to score both. NO idea if these times still apply for possible drop of extra availability or what. But 3:30 was a good time for me!

Score!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter