Nifty Fifty: The Great return of the Sauciers! - April 2022 TR

That is too funny that they dont trust you on the time! Honestly I think my family would probably question me too but I always just say the +15 minute time and no one else usually looks at the app to call me out on it LOL we use it alllll the time so it definitely works! Because you know when a return time is ending THATS the time to take a really long bathroom break! haha

UGH the long photopass lines are honestly happening far too often. Like its one thing to be nice but a lot of them take it too far. Where the people even getting the attention seem uncomfortable and then everyone in line is just frustrated too. The best was when one was trying to be so over the top that he walked away from our bags next to him to "get a close up" and a rushing guest literally kicked my camera across the concrete! :eek:

Sanaa looked SO good! We need to get back there! I wish it didnt feel so out of the way to get to. But going to DAK after was a great idea! And you got so much done! Looks like it was a great day!

Do you have another trip planned?

Random Disney confession, I've somehow never been in Pandora at night. I'm not sure why - it looks beautiful!
I have never been in that area at all. I am not a fan of that movie and I know I would never fit on FoP, so I have been boycotting it. Might have to to do sometime just to get some pictures.

I am so enjoying your report! And wowser! Both girls have grown up, but Gwen is no longer a little one anymore!
Can't wait to read more!

Fab dinner followed by a great evening. Sounds like perfection to me. You got some great photos. Love all the filters too
And what's funny is we didn't plan to go back to Animal Kingdom this night. It was kind of spur of the moment which was so nice.

I don't know about YouTube, but she has been posting a lot on Instagram @molly_mcawesome_ .
They just announced a new YouTube channel! I think they are going to start posting this week.

Very common for teens.
I am still getting used to it. I get it at home but on vacation is still new. But I do get it. I have a hard time with it because I have never been a person who likes to be by themselves. So, it feels weird to me. But I have to remind myself that it's what she wants.

I didn't realize they were so small.
I didn't either. It's a kids drink so the size is ok, it's just the price was too high for the size. There really isn't enough fun drinks for teens on prooperty. They need to work on that.

I thinks Danielle would like the soup too.
Morgan has gotten it many times and never disapoints! And seems to always be the seasonal soup! I always hold my breathe that it will be something else.

I always forget to play with them.
It's cause we are old... The filters are for the youngens. ha.

I'm a one and done.
We have never been able to ride 3 times in a row like that. It was really fun to be able to do it! But I was def done by the third time.

Very cool!
It was my idea, and Gwen at first looked at me as I was crazy but quickly got on board! Ha

That is too funny that they dont trust you on the time! Honestly I think my family would probably question me too but I always just say the +15 minute time and no one else usually looks at the app to call me out on it LOL we use it alllll the time so it definitely works!
It drives me CRAZY!!! There is always one moment on the trip that this happens, whether it be what to do next or how to get somewhere, there always is a time where I say something and the other 3 don't believe me!

Sanaa looked SO good! We need to get back there! I wish it didnt feel so out of the way to get to. But going to DAK after was a great idea! And you got so much done! Looks like it was a great day!
I was just telling a friend about the bread service and I think they want to go with us know just for that! Ha! AK is becoming a park I don't know if we would spend a whole day in more and more. Sadly.

Do you have another trip planned?
Kind of.... Tentatively we are planning Disneyland for next Spring Break. And a summer 2023 trip to Disney World. I wanted to do a Thanksgiving trip, but I don't think that is going to happen. Airfare is getting too $$$ and I had to wait to see what Morgan's high school schedule was going to be. Hopefully I can keep the 2 big trips, though.

I have never been in that area at all. I am not a fan of that movie and I know I would never fit on FoP, so I have been boycotting it. Might have to to do sometime just to get some pictures.
I can understand it. Pandora has always been nice to see but It's not a land that I would say, Oh you HAVE to go to it... The land is beautiful but also, there is so much else in Disney that you aren't missing anything by skipping it.

I am loving all the pictures.
I love reading trip reports with lots of pictures, So I try to write my trip report the way I like to read them. Lots of pictures coming with this next day!

I am so enjoying your report! And wowser! Both girls have grown up, but Gwen is no longer a little one anymore!
Can't wait to read more!
Thanks for following along!!! Oh they have grown so much, it's crazy. Gwen isn't little anymore but she is still our crazy gal. More coming right after this! (hopefully)

Happy Sunday Everyone!

They girls went to camp for the last 2 weeks and we are all exhausted!!! it was a great 2 weeks, but it was HOT here in New Jersey and early mornings. And the teen in them wasn't happy about getting up and out so early. So, today is a chill day. Well, as chill day as an adult can have. I am still doing laundry and cleaning the house a bit. yeah to being an adult!

Anyway, I spent yesterday getting my photos all lined up for this next day, so I am ready to get started!!!

Day Three: Doing Magic Kingdom Take-2

Tuesday Cheat Sheet
Today was a Magic Kingdom day! I was looking forward to getting some good time in at MK today. Easter was a short visit. This was our plan, and right off the bat we changed what we rope dropped! Oops!

First up was Tinkerbell Gifts for the day:
Tinkerbell Gifts
The Visor was for me!

Checking out Tinkerbell gifts
We woke up around 6:45 (in order to make our 7 AM LL pick) And the girls checked out the gifts left.

Ears
They were both very excitied about there ears! Morgan's ears, I got off of etsy and were elastic band all the way around. She doesn't like wearing ear with her glasses, so, she was super happy to have a pair she could wear.

Gwen Space Mountain Ears
Gwen's were etsy version of Disney Space Mountain Ears. Molly wore them a few times on her videos and Gwen loved them. So she was SUPER excitied to have them.

After we checked out the Tinkerbell Gifts, I hopped on my phone to make our first LL right at 7AM.

At first grabbed Jungle Cruise for 11:45. It had said 10 AM when I first selected it but once it processed was the later time. I didn’t want that time. So I canceled it. I really wanted something for 10-ish so, that we could get 1 or 2 more LL before we left to rest.

This takes a minute for the cancel to even show up. I tried waiting a little for better things to show up, I finally grabbed Big thunder for basically the same time. So, I was super annoyed this morning, again with the system. I knew we wanted / needed something early to maximize out time and I was just not getting it to work for us. It just sores the morning a bit when you don't get what you want. Reminds me of the whole boarding group nonsense for Rise when it first started.

ANYWAY... we started getting ready for the day. The park opened at 9:00 and we decided to not worry too much about getting in for early hours.

I went down to Barcalona lounge again to get some breakfast. I refilled my coffee, and got the girls egg sandwiches again.

We left the room at 8:20 and was on a bus at 8:30. It was a charter bus this morning. And the driver must not of been CM as they did not enforce the mask policy.

There was a family at the bus stop with all of there luggage. Finally the mom came back with bell services. I think they thought they were going to take the bus to Animal Kingdom to Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Gwen played with more of the filters on the bus. Today she discovered she could put the filters on her suck keychain that she has on her backpack.
Ducky Mo Mo Filters

Maleficent Ducky Mo Mo

Ursula Ducky Mo Mo

Hades Ducky Mo Mo

Dr. Facilier Ducky Mo Mo

the good news was, the bus didn’t go around the resort,and just went straight to the park. So we were at the park at 8:45!
Gwen heading into MK

The temperature was much better today. Started at 68 in the morning and only got to 80. It def made the day better.

Andy set off security every time! Me and the girls went ahead to get in line for scanning in. We heard that either the umbrella or charging blocks would set it off. He insisted on bringing an umbrella every day. I kept telling him to leave it but he wouldn’t….

It was busy and we got quickly consumed by the line. But managed to find Andy just in time to scan in!

Main Street Crowd
This was our view right at 9:00 AM. 40 minutes from our room to being in the park wasn't too bad!

We stopped for a photopass photo. I think we hopped in a line that only had 1 family init. Main Street Family Photo

Main Street Photo The Girls

Since the park was already open to everyone, and Space Mountain had a fairly big wait already, we went to Jungle Cruise first instead. It was posted 30 minutes but by the time we go over there the line was starting at the bathroom breeze way between frontierand and adventureland. And they changed it to be 65 minute wait.

The line wrapped a lot but moved fairly well.
Jungle Cruise Coke
I enjoyed checking out all the details in the line.

Jungle Cruise Sign

The skippers kept making announcements about missing beans. It was pretty funny. They kept saying if you see any beans to return them to the skippers, and that it was there lunch.

Guy at the end made a bean joke and laughed and said it was the stupidest joke he had made. It was even funnier because he knew it wasn't funny.

We had to walk into the extra que area to the right. And there was a wall with all of these "medicines"
Jungle Cruise Medicine

Jungle Cruise Elixar

52267369336_5b8417a0f7_z.jpg
[/url]Peculiar Way Remedy

52267369311_203ec539c8_z.jpg
[/url]Miracle Medicine

52266397217_73645f0e7d_z.jpg
[/url]Jungle Cruise First Aid
I of course thought they were more intresting than they probably were. But It amazes me how many times we have been to Disney and we always discovery something new.

Jungle Cruise Crew Shift

We got in line at 9:03 and on a boat at 9:45. So, we waited about 45 mintues. Not great but could have been worse!

We had Skipper Dan.
Jungle Cruise Skipper
And he was great.

Jungle Cruise Ladies

Untitled
The morning sun really made the whole ride really beautiful.

Jungle Cruise Snakes
It had to be snakes!

Jungle Cruise Gwen and Me

Jungle Cruise Selfie
We were happy to finally be on a ride!

Goodbye to Dock
We waved goodbye to the people at the dock.

Jungle Cruise Boats

Jungle Cruise Rhino
I don't think I realized how angry the rhino was! Look at that face!

Jungle Cruise Backside of Water
Got to post the picture of the backside of water! That's a requirement, right?

Skipper Dan played Rock Paper Scissors with the temple statues. Which was pretty silly, since he "lost"

Jungle Cruise Trader Sam's
The new Trader Sam's scene. The changes they made are suttle and you would never know the difference.

It was a great first ride on Jungle Cruise. I did take some video if you want to get a little fill of the ride from home. Daily Dose of Jungle Cruise

Jungle Cruise Ticket Window
I noticed this on the way off the ride. I always look at the spider in the cage on the way out. But turned the other way today.

There was a CM just standing around at the exit with no one to take photos of. So, we grabbed a photo pass photo on the way out.
IMG_1499

IMG_1499
They came out ok...

2022-04-19 - Magic Kingdom Park - Swiss Family Treehouse
This was the first time one of the Photopass people told us to do this pose... We just don't do it well! Ha.

While in line, we decided we needed some breakfast before doing anything else. Morgan was jonesing for a Gaston's Cinnamon Roll and I wanted the nutella Waffle. So, I placed a mobile order for the Sleepy Hallow portion of that right before we got on the Jungle Cruise.

So, Andy and Morgan headed straight to Gaston's Pub and Gwen and I headed to Sleepy Hallow to pick up our order. And the plan was to meet at Gaston's to sit and eat all of our goodies together there.

Out mobile order was ready almost immediately. Gwen carried the drinks and I carried the food and we headed over to Gaston’s to eat.

Andy texted me this picture:
Line for Gaston's
This was what they were greated with. I told them to just stick it out, it had to move fairly quickly.

By the time Gwen and I got there, Andy was already waiting around the fountain. We got lucky again with grabbing a table outside with someone leaving. Morgan and Gwen sat at the table with the first round of food. And I stood in line with Andy for a bit. I had gotten an iced coffee at Sleepy Hallow so, I fixed that up and handed it off to Andy to have a few drinks of while waiting. It was about 20 minute in line from when Andy got in line to pic at table. Which I feel really just shows there there isn't enough fast breakfast options in Magic Kingdom.

With all our goodies, we sat down at a table outside and ate!

From Sleepy Hallow Gwen wanted the Funnel Cake:
Funnel Cake
Funnel Cake with Strawberries and Powdered Sugar
Served with Strawberries and Whipped Cream
This was, well what it is, funnel cake... It was really crispy and sugary. Just what you want in funnel cake.

We also ordered the Nutella and fruit waffle:
Nutella and Fruit Waffle Sandwich
Fresh Fruit Waffle Sandwich
Served with Stawberries, Bananas, Blueberries, Chocolate-Hazelnut Spread

This was delish as usual. I do think the waffle was a little floppy but it didn't matter. Part of that might have been from walking across the park and waiting for Andy. But fresh fruit and nutella, you can't go wrong.

Andy, Gwen and I all shared both while Morgan stuck with her beloved Cinnamon Roll.
Cinnamon Roll
She said it was as good as she remembered it.

They did have all of the Cinnamon rolls already in clear containers. We always ask for extra icing. Which they also have already prepped in little containers. It is the cream cheese frosting. I personally like the caramel frosting. Personally, we make these at home and are just as good if not better!

I also ordered the Doom Berry Drink, apparently no photo of it. Sorry.
The Doom Berry
Blackberry Ginger Ale with EARidescent Sugar served with a Haunted Mansion-themed Straw
This was good, but Gwen didn’t like because of the ginger ale. I really liked it.

And as I mentioned before, I ordered a Cold Brew Joffrey’s Coffee French Roast with Vanilla for Andy.

We just sat and tried to just enjoy the day. We talked about non-spring break trip options as it had been pretty busy so far. And I tried to really reset our mind sets a bit because it was so busy. We needed to just enjoy what we could. Which I think really helped with us moving forward.

A family sitting next to us asked us where we got the funnel cake and waffle. They were jealous of our spread.

Gwen
The sugar boost did us well! We finished up and headed out.

Andy hit bathrooms and Gwen found tiny door next to the bathrooms.
Smallest Door in MK?
This was another All Ears / Molly thing that Gwen wanted to find. It is over by the bathrooms on the opposite side in that alcove. there is no real reason to have the small door, and we really aren't sure why it's there!

Up next more fun in Magic Kingdom! Will we ever actually use our LL?

Nice you could re-set expectations and just enjoy your day. IF I can get DH to go back, that's definitely what we'll have to do. Our trip early March with the sons/d-i-law and grandkids was kind of a train wreck which still makes me sad. Hope your MK day was good!

Nice you could re-set expectations and just enjoy your day. IF I can get DH to go back, that's definitely what we'll have to do. Our trip early March with the sons/d-i-law and grandkids was kind of a train wreck which still makes me sad. Hope your MK day was good!
We have been going over Spring Break the last several years, due to our daughter being a teacher, and having the right expectations is the key. We have been to Disney a lot and know we will be going back so we don’t feel like we have to do everything.

Some very happy girls with their ears.

This takes a minute for the cancel to even show up. I tried waiting a little for better things to show up, I finally grabbed Big thunder for basically the same time. So, I was super annoyed this morning, again with the system. I knew we wanted / needed something early to maximize out time and I was just not getting it to work for us. It just sores the morning a bit when you don't get what you want. Reminds me of the whole boarding group nonsense for Rise when it first started.

Genie + is such a pain.

Gwen played with more of the filters on the bus. Today she discovered she could put the filters on her suck keychain that she has on her backpack.

Very cute photos.

Andy set off security every time! Me and the girls went ahead to get in line for scanning in. We heard that either the umbrella or charging blocks would set it off. He insisted on bringing an umbrella every day. I kept telling him to leave it but he wouldn’t….

Yup the umbrella will set it off. It helps if you hold it out in front of you as you go through the metal detectors. I always hold my charger, phone and umbrella out in front.

We stopped for a photopass photo. I think we hopped in a line that only had 1 family init. Main Street Family Photo
Nide

I enjoyed checking out all the details in the line.
Very cool. I still haven't gone through the regular line since they updated the area. I would really like to see all the neat stuf.

But It amazes me how many times we have been to Disney and we always discovery something new.

Very true!

He's very brave to wait in that line.

Funnel Cake with Strawberries and Powdered Sugar
We ate here for the first time in October 2020 and loved it.

Fresh Fruit Waffle Sandwich
Served with Stawberries, Bananas, Blueberries, Chocolate-Hazelnut Spread

Danielle's favorite.

Andy, Gwen and I all shared both while Morgan stuck with her beloved Cinnamon Roll.

That is a great looking cinnamon roll.

Andy hit bathrooms and Gwen found tiny door next to the bathrooms.
Smalles
I need to look for this.

This was our plan, and right off the bat we changed what we rope dropped! Oops!
I always like going in with a plan but being flexible to change as needed! Your cheat sheet was super helpful for us.
So, I was super annoyed this morning, again with the system. I knew we wanted / needed something early to maximize out time and I was just not getting it to work for us. It just sores the morning a bit when you don't get what you want.
That was what was most annoying about Genie+, having your hopes up for a plan to work a certain and way and the bummer feeling when you couldn't get anything you were looking for.
Andy set off security every time! Me and the girls went ahead to get in line for scanning in. We heard that either the umbrella or charging blocks would set it off.
My mom set it off every time too! I think it was her charging block, security told her to carry it in her hand once we figured out that was what was setting it off.
Got to post the picture of the backside of water! That's a requirement, right?
Absolutely! Beautiful picture of the backside of water right there.
f
Oh my gosh, I've never seen the line that long! Sounds like it was worth it though.

Sorry to hear that your trip was a train wreck! We did say a few times that if this was our first trip ever, we don't know we would have fallen in love the way we did way back when.

The photo with the light streaming in on the Jungle Cruise was really cool.
I am not sure what I was trying to get a photo of but it came out nice!

He's very brave to wait in that line.
It made Morgan very happy and was basically her one request of the day.

Yup the umbrella will set it off. It helps if you hold it out in front of you as you go through the metal detectors. I always hold my charger, phone and umbrella out in front.
ugh, I told Andy this and he just didn't listen.

That was what was most annoying about Genie+, having your hopes up for a plan to work a certain and way and the bummer feeling when you couldn't get anything you were looking for.
I realize it's a problem for folks like us, but not everyone.

My mom set it off every time too! I think it was her charging block, security told her to carry it in her hand once we figured out that was what was setting it off.
Andy just refused to take the umbrella out. It got really annoying...

Oh my gosh, I've never seen the line that long! Sounds like it was worth it though.
We have sadly scene it this long many times. It's not big inside so, not suprising it extends out like that.

. And I tried to really reset our mind sets a bit because it was so busy. We needed to just enjoy what we could. Which I think really helped with us moving forward.
This was such a smart thing to do. I am going with my best friend and her family in October (we have been planning this trip with families for 15 years, long before we ever met our husbands :rotfl2:). Touring Plans has it as a high demand week, so at least I have time to mentally prepare. Last November TP predicted low crowds when we were there and it was anything but! I am glad they are going on the higher side this time. My friends family got Genie+, since DH and I have AP's we will need to buy it daily, but I am already having nightmares about using it!

have time to mentally prepare. Last November TP predicted low crowds when we were there and it was anything but! I am glad they are going on the higher side this time. My friends family got Genie+, since DH and I have AP's we will need to buy it daily, but I am already having nightmares about using it!
How fun will that be!!!! (well, hopefully!!!) I think Disney is just busy all the time now! And I think TP is taking into account the ride availablilty lately. Which has been terrible. Even before, I used to say pick one or two things to prioritize for the day. Then everything else is just extra. It really helps. And I think it was our problem the first couple days. We were so excitied to be back and just wanted to do everything right away, you know? Once we realized we had time, we settled into a more relaxed and enjoyable time.

Once they determined all was fine, they gave her a wheel chair and they headed out of the area. Her husband and her went back to the hotel to rest while the kids still did some stuff. She is fine, she thinks it was the dizzyness of FOP and the bumpyness of the safari just did her in.

She also said once things started to settle down, she said "But I didn't get to see the Lions"

I always wondered how they would evacuate you on the Safari, and I guess they try not if possible!

So, there is my side story for you all! I am going to try and get another post in tonight! So, keep an eye out for that as well!
Oh my goodness! I hope she was ok!
And then we got a family photo in front of Gertie with our Gravity Falls shirts on. We ssked a random lady to take the photo. Photo came out better than some of the photopass photos.
That's a fabulous photo!
We left our the hotel a little after 5, to go to dinner! We called an Uber since we were going to Sanaa!
Yum! It's on my list for later this month. :)
End of the night def was the best time to wait for Flight of Passage. The wait wasn't bad at all and it was fun to see the whole que. So, if you don't want to pay for FOP, highly recommend going at the end of the night!

We also, realized that we ended up doing 2 Fancy Rides in one day!

We were done by 9:02. Gift shop was already closed, so you left on the side, and I wish they had that open all the time. That gift shop is not big enough for being an exit also.

It was so empty that I was able to get a photo of Gwen laying on the ground with the bio-lumneisne without being in the way of anyone.
Cute pic of Gwen!
We had to walk into the extra que area to the right. And there was a wall with all of these "medicines"
I have never seen that!
There was a CM just standing around at the exit with no one to take photos of. So, we grabbed a photo pass photo on the way out.
Another awesome photo!
We just sat and tried to just enjoy the day. We talked about non-spring break trip options as it had been pretty busy so far. And I tried to really reset our mind sets a bit because it was so busy. We needed to just enjoy what we could. Which I think really helped with us moving forward.
Having the right mind set is crucial.

I can't remember if I mentioned it or not, but I've been reading through your updates and now I'm all caught up!

Wow, I was not expecting that line for Gaston's Tavern. I guess everyone heard about the cinnamon rolls and wanted to try them.

I don't know what it is about Jungle Cruise, but the return time for Genie + is insanely late at the start of the day. We tried several times to grab one, and we encountered that problem every time.

The Space Mountain ears are really cool! And I love that you can get headband versions online.

I showed DD the Gaston’s line and we were both :scared: I wonder if it gets shorter later in the morning?? We would like to try one but will eat breakfast in the room so we can do the cinnamon roll later in the morning.

JC G+ times suck since they go so late so early in the day. I’m dead set on getting a JC G+ on a day we plan on going to Disney springs in the morning and then heading to MK. We will be stacking so the later time won’t bother us as much.

So glad the girls liked their ears and you were able to get Morgan some to wear with her glasses!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter