Nicole & Steve-Our Happily Ever After 1/25/13 *UPDATE 7/14*-REAL LIFE HAS RETURNED

Here are some ideas:

Invitations: Currently working with Moya Lara on save the dates, invitations and programs. I had asked if all of my information needs to be finalized with Disney in order to start the process (aka: make a deposit) My favorite color is red so I've inadvertently fallen into a black, white, and red color scheme just by looking at pictures and puling things I like.

Cake: I like the way a multi tiered cake looks but it seems such a waste because I really don't need all that cake for 20 people. I am going to have to ask if the Disney bakery does faux layers. I found this cake on the cake thread and I love it! I'm going to keep it all black and white. The picture below it is an extra little touch that I'm going to surprise Steve with. DML actually found it and emailed me, I'm going to make it Deadpool though. Not a widely known Marvel character but it is Steve's favorite.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Flowers: Red roses and green Cymbidium Orchids. I know it will be a little bit more because of the orchids but they are my favorite and the green Cymbidium Orchids were the first flowers Steve ever sent me. Steve will get an orchid for his boutonniere and parents will get white roses. Oh and my brother will get a white rose too, he will be talking me down the isle.

Cocktail hour: I found a website called Magical Kingdoms that gives you Disney wedding/catering menus. Not sure how accurate it is but I had mentioned something about a Merryweather Hors d’Oeuvres package to the coordinator over the phone and he seemed to know what I was talking about. I'm not sure if 5 different passed hors d'oeurves is too much before a sit down dinner. Everyone always says the cocktail hour is the best, but I don't want to completely overload people especially because I want them to have room for the dessert party. What's your thoughts girls? I did a little research and found that 5-10 pieces per person is about normal for a cocktail party. Yes, I am crazy like that and I research things like how much people eat at cocktail parties. :rotfl: As a quick side note I love to cook and entertain and I will use any excuse to throw a party. Okay back to the story, my picks right now (for 5 types) would be Asparagus-stuffed Lamb Loin, Smoked Salmon Rose and Capers, House-made Crab Cakes, Chicken and Cheese Quesadilla, and Vegetable Spring Roll with Chile. We'll also have an open bar for the cocktail hour.

Dinner/"reception": We will be having a sit down dinner at the Yachtsman, I have already called to have a preliminary question with them. At the 180 mark I can call the restaurant directly to make a reservation for their first seating for a large party. They said they can put together a menu for us that has options for our guest, minus the prices. He also said that if we wanted to pick out a couple of different bottles of wine for them to use as our quests request they can also do that. It's a really nice alternative to a reception and the manager at the Yachtsman seems to be very accommodating.

Dessert Party: I am so excited about this. I think I'm going to to with the Bambi package which is Tiramisu, Cheesecake, Chocolate Éclairs, Pistachio Cannoli, Chocolate Fudge Brownies, Linzer Diamonds, Cream Horns, Fruit Tarts, and Fresh Fruit Salad but I think I would want to switch the fruit for S'mors bars. Who wants fruit with all that dessert?

Confetti toss: I have to ask Disney is they allow you to do a biodegradable confetti toss. I thought I would put together little "horns" full of the confetti. The one I found on Etsy are white heart shaped. Below is just an idea, I would fancy them up a bit.
ry%3D400

Favors: Mickey ornaments! I know it's not Christmas time but WDW sells those suckers all year round so I figured why not. I like the large Mickey head shaped ones. I was going to personalize them, but then decided that not everyone will want an ornament with mind and Steve's name on it. So instead I found little tags that I can have printed with our names and wedding date and a ribbon that says "Love, Laughter, and Happily Ever After" that I will tie to the ornament. I decided (in order to cut down on stuff that needs to be transported) to wait until we get down there. I know it's close, but there will only be 10-15 and I can bang those suckers out one evening. I'll just make sure that the day we arrive we have dinner in DTD so we can hit up the Christmas store.

So, it is all coming together. I am very excited to go dress shopping, but it has made me a little nervous. I just want to find something that makes me feel and look beautiful. I stepped up my gym routine, I want to look my very best that day!!

Thanks and welcome to the party!!

So I hadn't realized until today that we're not going to have as much time as I thought. I mean I always knew it was going to only be 9 months but I don't think I realized how short a time that was until I spoke to one of my girlfriends today. When I told her the date she jokingly asked if I was pregnant. I laughed and said that if I were Steve would probably throw himself out the window. Not trying to insult anyone out there, we're just not at that point. We're focusing on the wedding and enjoying our "us" time before we get into starting a family.

Since I am sort of in this limbo stage because I can't book for another month or so, I've just had a feeling that I have more time than I really do. Even when I called for a dress appointment the lady sort of indicated that I should get a jump on the whole dress thing so there would be time for the order to come in. I'm fairly organized so I do have a great deal filed away in my head.

Details (as outlined in my head) to come. To be continued...

My best friend recently got married and planned it in 10 months - everything went off without a hitch! It does seem like a lot at first but I'm sure you'll do a great job getting everything ready. :surfweb:

My best friend recently got married and planned it in 10 months - everything went off without a hitch! It does seem like a lot at first but I'm sure you'll do a great job getting everything ready. :surfweb:

I know I have more than enough time, plus an Escape wedding and Disney in general make this planning process super easy. I just get myself a little anxious about things. I was near panic attack a little while ago about the guest list, we were coming in at 21 (we forgot about Steve's sisters BF). That panic flowed into a little more panic regarding a cocktail hour and the dessert party. Carrie's podcast saved me, though and I am completely calm now. Ladies, if you have not listened, it is totally worth your time!!

My parents will be coming out to Seattle in a little over 2 weeks for a long weekend visit. That is actually a big weekend for us as we will be able to finalize our wedding date with Disney (as I think I have mentioned) and I will be going dress shopping with my mom (which I know I have mentioned.) The mom's are on top of things, they have already started looking for their dresses.

So while there is not that much to do for the wedding as yet, I've been preparing our home for a visit. Steve moved in last October before I came out here and I arrived after Christmas with all my loot. It has taken us a little bit to organize and figure out where everything would go. I have been painting like a mad woman and I'm a little bit of a perfectionist so the pressure is on to have as much done as possible. Two bedrooms and two bathrooms to go!

Wedding stuff: I was listening to one of Carrie's old podcasts dedicated to Escape weddings. Given that Escape weddings are meant to be intimate and you do not get planning sessions in person and site visits she mentioned that an Escape brides energy is best channeled into details. Great advice!! So I ordered Carrie's book (I am hoping there are timelines for planning, I can't find one online:confused3) and I have been thinking about the little details I can include in our wedding.

So, things are pretty boring right now. Until things are finalized I suspect that it will be a little slow going. So...for whoever is following thanks for hanging in!! I know it's not the most exciting of updates but I promise the second there is news and fun stuff I will let you all know. Oh, I did purchase my first official Disney shoes for our honeymoon. Well, first two...:cutie: My first are a pair of plain white Puma's, cute but good for walking. I have tiny feet so I can fit into children's sizes which is a HUGE $ saver. Second are a pair of canvas loafers. I find the secret is to NOT wear the same pair of shoes every day. I never get blisters and my feet never hurt. Plus, I'm a clothes horse. :lovestruc

PS-Trying to find my way into one of Steve's business trips down to Orlando. Since I don't get a site visit I might have to play the "But I have to see where everything is going to be laid out" angle. Problem is I've been to Disney so many times I don't really need a "site visit" for my Escape wedding. :lmao:

LOL POOR CHLOE! Our cats let us do that to them too =P But LOVE the glasses :rotfl: All your inspirations sound awesome! I kind of like that spiderman :eek: Get on that dress search! I can't wait to see pics! :D Love your ideas so far~!

Hi Nicole! :wave: I followed you over from my PTR and read through your updates. Your wedding sounds like it'll be AMAZING! I'm at work so I need to sit down and catch up on your update this weekend, but I just wanted to pop in and say hi! Is it weird I kind of want to sneak over and peak out your wedding because I'll be there during your wedding? :rotfl: I'm just kidding, but that is awesome we'll be there at the same time, and we're both from Seattle!

Anyway, looking forward to hearing more about things, and I know what you mean about not having much to update about. It's hard when you're far out, but I'm sure things will start to pick up soon!!

EDIT: PS I LOVE Chloe! She's so stinkin' cute. We have two dogs, Milo and Anya, who are also like our children and we totally do weird things to them just because we can. Hahaha.

LOL POOR CHLOE! Our cats let us do that to them too =P But LOVE the glasses :rotfl: All your inspirations sound awesome! I kind of like that spiderman :eek: Get on that dress search! I can't wait to see pics! :D Love your ideas so far~!

She is such a good dog and we love her so much, so after we're done torturing her we always spoil her a little bit. :lmao:

I have a few dresses that I picked out based on pictures. When my mom is here we're going to go dress shopping.

Hi Nicole! :wave: I followed you over from my PTR and read through your updates. Your wedding sounds like it'll be AMAZING! I'm at work so I need to sit down and catch up on your update this weekend, but I just wanted to pop in and say hi! Is it weird I kind of want to sneak over and peak out your wedding because I'll be there during your wedding? :rotfl: I'm just kidding, but that is awesome we'll be there at the same time, and we're both from Seattle!

Anyway, looking forward to hearing more about things, and I know what you mean about not having much to update about. It's hard when you're far out, but I'm sure things will start to pick up soon!!

EDIT: PS I LOVE Chloe! She's so stinkin' cute. We have two dogs, Milo and Anya, who are also like our children and we totally do weird things to them just because we can. Hahaha.

HEY!! So glad to see you here! If Disney wasn't so strict on the 20 person limit for Escape weddings then I would totally say you should come. You can be a gawker if you want. :rotfl: We're getting married at SBP, so if I happen to see four people standing right outside the gazebo staring at us, I'll know it's you. :thumbsup2

I know I have more than enough time, plus an Escape wedding and Disney in general make this planning process super easy. I just get myself a little anxious about things. I was near panic attack a little while ago about the guest list, we were coming in at 21 (we forgot about Steve's sisters BF). That panic flowed into a little more panic regarding a cocktail hour and the dessert party. Carrie's podcast saved me, though and I am completely calm now. Ladies, if you have not listened, it is totally worth your time!!

Oh wow, I just started listening to them and you're absolutely right - thank you so much for recommending them! :woohoo:

So, when I moved to Seattle I had to give up my job in NY (obviously). As such I have a lot of free time on my hands, and even more so because Steve is currently working on this HUGE project at work that is taking up a lot of his time. So in an effort to keep everyone entertained you will be getting Disneymoon and just plain old life tidbits and updates. I promise I'll be as flashy as I can with my snore boring stuff. :lmao:

I have tentatively put together our dining/park schedule. I say tentatively because 1) park hours for January are not out yet and 2) based on ADR availability things may need to change here and there. I will say that I don't normally let the park hour thing force me to change my schedule. EMH are not a must for me and we'd rather do PM anyway which means we usually do one park during the day and hit up another one to enjoy the late hours. Besides, Steve is a much more casual park tourer, so his influence has forced me to slow down and I must say I enjoy it so much more than commando style.

Without further ado...our Deluxe Dining and Park Schedule!!

Wednesday 1/23 (travel day) - traveling from Seattle to Disney is an all day affair which includes a layover, for this soul purpose alone I miss NY. We will hopefully be on a early flight, like 5AM. That brings us into MCO somewhere around 4PM. Hop on Magical Express and away we go, off to the Boardwalk Villas.
Trip to DTD - pick up some ornaments at the Days of Christmas (for our favors) and dinner at Raglan Road. This is a new one for us!

Thursday 1/24 - MK
lunch - Liberty Tree Tavern (also new)
dinner - Flying Fish Cafe

Friday 1/25 - WEDDING DAY!!! :yay::yay::yay: We're a little unconventional, we'll be staying together in our room, going to the gym (park of our normal schedule, even on vaca) and then having breakfast together. After that, Steve will likely hang out in someone else room until we meet up for pictures before the ceremony.
breakfast - Kouzzina (been for dinner which was excellent, never for breakfast)
dinner - Yachtsman (been before and really liked it, also thought steak was a good choice for wedding dinner)

Saturday 1/26 - Epcot (we're going to include a little note in our invitation telling everyone we'll be there)
lunch - Via Napoli (hopefully when I ask people 6 months before that day if they want to join us for lunch they won't think I'm nuts.)
dinner - Tokyo Dining (again, a new one but we LOVE sushi!)

Sunday 1/27 - Animal Kingdom
lunch - Yak and Yeti
dinner - Citricos

Monday 1/28 - Hollywood Studios
lunch - Sci-Fi Dine In (heard mixed reviews, we'll see for ourselves but I think the atmosphere is really cool.)
dinner - Brown Derby

Tuesday 1/29 - Pool Day/La Nouba (Steve was very excited when I gave him the option of a low key day. If it happens to rain we'll head to DTD for a movie.)
lunch - Beaches and Cream
6PM show of La Nouba - I've been twice and love it! Second time was a bit different from the first. Steve has never been but has seen the Cirque shows in Vegas.
dinner - Fulton's

Wednesday 1/30 - Magic Kingdom
lunch - Be Our Guest (if open and available, if not The Plaza is the backup)
dinner - Artist Point

Thursday 1/31 - Epcot
lunch - Le Cellier (seriously been dreaming about cheddar cheese soup and mushroom filet)
dinner - Bistro De Paris

Friday 2/1 - Floating Day (basically I always leave one day for us to just go wherever we feel like.)
breakfast - Whispering Canyon
lunch - counter service somewhere
dinner - Jiko

Saturday 2/2 - travel day, time to go home. BOO!! :sad2:breakfast - Kona Cafe
lunch - Tutto Italia

We'll be on a late flight, probably like 6PM which would bring us home around 11.

So there ya go, the product of my crazy obsessive personality. I just like to plan!

Oh wow, I just started listening to them and you're absolutely right - thank you so much for recommending them! :woohoo:

I also ordered her book - Pass Porters Disney Weddings and Honeymoons. I haven't gotten it yet, but it really appealed to me because I was looking for Disney Wedding specific check lists. I'll let you know how it works out once I get it.

Happy Planning!!!

SO GREAT!! I purchased this book so that I could have a timeline and check lists for a DFTW. While it does have a lot of information, a lot of it doesn't concern me for my Escape wedding. But I really don't mind that because it is so thorough and helpful in all the areas I needed. I like organization and direction and this book totally gave it to me.

I have officially made my deposit with Mora Lara and we have started to work on save the date cards.

T-minus 8 days until my parents come. I have frantically been trying to get everything together, although I have come to a point where I told myself whatever is done is done and then the rest will have to wait.

I have explored the bridal shop website and have picked out 7 dresses that I would like to see in person. Is that too many? :confused3
Here is what I am thinking:
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

This one is by far my favorite! The second picture shows without the lace jacket. I happened to like the sleeves, it reminded me of Grace Kelly but Steve said he liked it without the jacket. (Yeah, I showed him my choices because I was so lost. He was no help he said he would love to see me in any of them.)
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

SO GREAT!! I purchased this book so that I could have a timeline and check lists for a DFTW. While it does have a lot of information, a lot of it doesn't concern me for my Escape wedding. But I really don't mind that because it is so thorough and helpful in all the areas I needed. I like organization and direction and this book totally gave it to me.

I have officially made my deposit with Mora Lara and we have started to work on save the date cards.

T-minus 8 days until my parents come. I have frantically been trying to get everything together, although I have come to a point where I told myself whatever is done is done and then the rest will have to wait.

I have explored the bridal shop website and have picked out 7 dresses that I would like to see in person. Is that too many? :confused3
Here is what I am thinking:
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

This one is by far my favorite! The second picture shows without the lace jacket. I happened to like the sleeves, it reminded me of Grace Kelly but Steve said he liked it without the jacket. (Yeah, I showed him my choices because I was so lost. He was no help he said he would love to see me in any of them.)
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

That's not too many at all! When I was MOH in my best friend's wedding, she tried on about 20 dresses haha.

Also I LOVE LOVE LOVE the one with the sleeves!! You could always do sleeves for ceremony and take it off for reception, or keep them on the whole time! I'm a huge fan of lace sleeves, the Grace Kelly/Kate Middleton look is so classy and timeless. :goodvibes

Whoops, I missed an update! (We'll blame that one on the whole "being in FL" thing ;))

I don't envy your very long day of flying. I lived in CA for most of my twenties and would come home to MA at least once a year to visit. Ugh! Is your stopover somewhere decent?

Love your tentative dining plan! I kinda want to start on our February trip already, but I think that'll be what convinces Doug that I'm a bit on the crazy side. (To which I can always counter with "Hey, you married me!" :rotfl2:)

Your dress choices are awesome! I love two, four, and your favorite. 'asunnysideup' has a great idea of sometimes wearing the jacket part. And it WILL be January... though admittedly, lace won't be the warmest, but FL winter is a whole lot better than NY and WA winter temps!

That's not too many at all! When I was MOH in my best friend's wedding, she tried on about 20 dresses haha.

Also I LOVE LOVE LOVE the one with the sleeves!! You could always do sleeves for ceremony and take it off for reception, or keep them on the whole time! I'm a huge fan of lace sleeves, the Grace Kelly/Kate Middleton look is so classy and timeless. :goodvibes

20 DRESSES!?!?! OMG!!! The pros and Say Yes to the Dress say that when you try on too many you start to loose your way so I think 7 is good. And I have enough varying styles so I'm almost positive that I'll walk out with one of these.

I LOVE the sleeves but Steve is a little turned off by them because it reminds him of his mother's dress (he was 6 when his parents married). He does like it without though and yes, I did think about putting on the little "jacket" for the dessert party. We're going to have a photographer come so it will kind of be like pictures in a different dress!

Whoops, I missed an update! (We'll blame that one on the whole "being in FL" thing ;))

I don't envy your very long day of flying. I lived in CA for most of my twenties and would come home to MA at least once a year to visit. Ugh! Is your stopover somewhere decent?

Love your tentative dining plan! I kinda want to start on our February trip already, but I think that'll be what convinces Doug that I'm a bit on the crazy side. (To which I can always counter with "Hey, you married me!" :rotfl2:)

Your dress choices are awesome! I love two, four, and your favorite. 'asunnysideup' has a great idea of sometimes wearing the jacket part. And it WILL be January... though admittedly, lace won't be the warmest, but FL winter is a whole lot better than NY and WA winter temps!

HEY!! :wave2: Welcome back!! And I forgive you, but just this once. :rotfl: How dare you miss an update in order to get married!!

If I were you I would totally start planning the Feb trip, it's less than a year away!! And in August you can make ADRs, it's almost June!!

The second one is mom's favorite (she hasn't seen the one with the sleeves yet) and before I found the last one #2 was my favorite too. (haha :lmao: #2...sorry, I have immature humor at times.) I'm going to try to sell Steve on the jacket, but I can always take it off or start the day with it off and put it on later.

The flight is a long one, we went down to Disney in February and I swear it took us all day to get there! I love living here, but I hate that it took me further away from Disney. I told Steve that I would completely support him getting a job with Disney so we could live in Celebration. I mean, after all he will be my husband and if work happens to take him to the happiest place on earth than I will just HAVE to support him. (There is just a hint of my own motives in there.)

Right now the flight we're looking at is a layover in Houston, it leaves here SUPER early and will get us to MCO in time for ME to wisk us away and high tail it to a dinner ressier.

Oooo, I do have a bit of good news. I have mentioned that Steve will be traveling to Orlando quite frequently for work (one week a month until the wedding, most likely) and he agreed that we (meaning me) will need to be down there is do a little bit of coordinating (tuxes mostly) so....that means that I get a Disney trip in before the wedding!!! :dance3::dance3::dance3:

I need a vacation from the vacation! I suppose it wasn't a real vacation, but I am drained nonetheless. My parents boarded their plane back to NY at 7am, and while it was nice I am happy to have my apartment back. We were playing host and hotel, nice weekend but ready for my boring normal day.

So a few updates on the wedding front: 1) I have a dress! 2) We are officially booked for the wedding!!! :yay::yay::yay::yay:

Friday morning my mother and I hit up the bridal store in Seattle for some dress shopping. Every dress I listed in my previous post was NOT IN THE STORE! I started to panic a little bit because it was so hard t tell what the dresses looked like in those garment bags.

So we pulled a bunch of dresses and I got to trying. The first one was a tulle ballgown and the skirt was so big I looked ridiculous! I could barely move and all I thought was the skirt was so big I wouldn't even be able to stand next to Steve.

The others are a little fuzzy, but there was one that was an ivory color with black lace accents on the bodice. It was unique and I did really like it, it was obvious my mother did not. She played the whole, "Well, if you like it..."

There were a few others: a v-neck that plunged so far it was not Disney nor wedding appropriate. Then there was my dress but in taffeta. I was almost sold on this one (IT HAD POCKETS!!!) until I put on the same dress in silk organza! It was so breath taking I knew that was it! Then I took a look at the price tag and realized the dress was a steal!!!

Classic and elegant; definitely my style!
ry%3D400

This is the back
ry%3D400

The top is a ruched sweetheart neckline. The back has buttons all the way down the train. It does come with a belt, but I fell in love with a separate one. The new one is a shade darker so it stands out very nicely and there is no flower, just the crystals. I didn't want to take it off. Now I just need to be diligent with my fitness routine!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter