Nickelodeon @ US/SlimeTime Live

Tanzi

Earning My Ears
Has anyone ever been to the SlimeTime Live show at Nickelodeon Studios? I Cannot find any info anywhere ! Do you have to actually use a Universal Ticket to get into Nickelodeon?
Last year after a dinner at the Hard Rock, we noticed that there was an entrance to Nickelodeon from the rear of the Hard Rock Cafe......Is it worth it AND do you have to get there at the crack of dawn and wait all day at Nick (therefore NOT using the Universal ticket to get in)
Any information would be greatly appreciated since my kids are just DYING to go to Slime Time Live !!!!
Thanks,
Tanzi

Yes, you need the ticket to get in, and you need to check with Nickelodeon to find out what procedure they are using for ticket distribution-they will go back into production in September.

Hope it helps.

When we went in April I decided it was not worh wasting a full day to see slime time live. All members of the party must be present to receive tickets. The line starts at park opening and the tickets are given out around noon I believe. No children under 5 are allowed in. You are given a ticket that is good for one seating. you are lined up (expected to be ther 30 min before you time) and get to sit in the seating area for on segment ( I think about 15 minutes). No clothing with logos is allowed, you must either turn it insde out or cover it with black tape. I really could not believe people were actually wasting a day for 15 min in the stands. You can however just walk up and view the taping and possible get on camera. We exited the tour just as filming started and decided to stand and watch a little while. They came over to the fence and filmed a couple of segments and threw pie in the face of someone standing next to DS. They also let one guy in the crowd read a couple of lines on camera.

sounds like you have a better chance of being bitten by a shark in daytona than getting on slime time live. hope you have fun enduring the please mommy, please i want to go!!!!:D

You can opt to take the Nickelodean Studios tour, if you don't have the time for a taping. The tour ends in a game lab with audience participation and one child getting slimed. Our party of three adults and five kids ages 4, 4, 6, 7, & 9 enjoyed the antics.

My poor husband was volunteered to participate in one of the games and found himself dressed in a skirt doing the can-can. I've got pictures and videotape.:D

Went to US and like you could get very little info before our trip on what to do about geting on slime time live (priority for our kids - been to usf a few times before so the kids didn't mind missing a few attractions at the park for the chance of getting on the show). You do have to purchase and use a day off your park ticket since admission is required to enter the Nick area. Upon first arrival into the park, go to the studio audience center next to the lost and found (second right after you enter the park). They will tell you what time to go to the Nick area to line up for ticket distribution. They told us to go back at 2:00, which still gives you time to enjoy the park. Try to go back about 45 minutes before the time they give you. When we arrived we thought we would never get tickets because the line was so long at the queue area, however they give out tickets with a time stamped on them to report back (ours was for the last taping at 5:20, so it did give us time to go eat dinner) Slime time live goes from 3:00 to 6:00 p.m., and changes audiences every 30 minutes, so it does give alot of people the opportunity to view the show - BUT, much to my children's dissapointment, those selected to be contestants are only chosen from the first audience ( the first people to be given tickets in the queuing area - and yes, ALL of your party must be present to get a ticket - if dad and son are "in the bathroom" - even though your in line, you cannot get a ticket for them unless they are physically there). Although we were in the last taping my son and daughter did get called out of the audience and were pied on tv by the guest stars who said their names and state we lived in. Tip: have your kids make a "unique, colorful" sign to bring to the taping (we stored ours in a locker all day and picked it up right before the show - it said "NIck is #1 Sime or pie us please, with lots of colorful graphics). That was the only reason the producer picked my kids to be singled out. I know it may be silly to some to waste time on something like this, but it was the highlight of my kids vacation to be pied on tv. They told every one of their friends at home which day we were gong to try and get on the show, so all their friends saw them. We also had set our VCR at home before we left, for the day we planned to try and get on the show, so we have it all on tape - what a great memory for my kids! SORRY so long. Hope this helps.

just a reminder that they tape Mon-Fri. There will be a board out front of US listing any shows being taped that day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter