Nick & Nancy's DFTW - July 11,2012 *6/5 -Featured on Carly's Blog!*

Which tie should we choose???

• [IMG]http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz236/Nancy_Jacqueline/SB1504_md_BNT.jpg[/IMG]

• [IMG]http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz236/Nancy_Jacqueline/SB1985_md_BNT.jpg[/IMG]

Results are only viewable after voting.
AHHH, I wanna see a bajillion more pictures! You two are so adorable! I love all the shots--they are so beautiful.

Your BEO looks awesome! It's so great you'll only owe $2,500! Niiice!! Crossing my fingers your floral BEO is just as nice as this one!

What beautiful pictures!! You two look so happy and in love!

So much is happening so fast for you Nancy! 2 months! YAY!

Hope everything works out with your MOH! Can't wait to hear about your shower!

Your BEO looks great so far and your E-pics turned out amazingly! I really love the one with the sand castle and the fireworks. It looks like you got a wide variety of shots!

Your BEO is kinda sorta kick butt. I love it! Have you decided just not to have photography at your reception?? Just curious. :)

THANK GOD THE D-BAG GOT HIS SUIT! D-BAG.

I love the Ardnts. I debated between them and Randy for a long time, but chose Randy mostly because I'm super cheap. Your pics are lovely; I like the silly one the best!

I'm happy for your MOH! I hope she starts being a pain in the booty though.

Nancy,
I just started following along--I'm so excited for you. The Arndt pics look great--were those fireworks @MK really happening or added in via photoshop magic? Absolutely cool, however it occurred!
Thanks for sharing,
Rebecca

Yes the fireworks were ACTUALLY happening! We could hear the music from the show going on while we were at the Polynesian and David yells out "Run to the water! Pose! Kiss! Smile!" lmao! It was awesome!

So I told myself that I was going to read more PJ'S. And so the first one that caught my eye was yours and all I have to say is you're freaking HILARIOUS!! I love craig ferguson, (can't spell,) and as an ex cast member It sucks that they do monorail check ups but it's absolutely important as Disney prides itself in Safety or as they call it back stage, "SAFE-D begins with us." Love all the plans so far, congrats!!

What did I learn today?:

Reading Pj's take 2 freaking hours. No wonder I don't read them HAHA. =)

lol damn Safe-D! I'm so glad you're following along and that you are entertained! :goodvibes Stay tuned for more!!!

LOVE your e-pics Nancy! I saw them on facebook and it makes me so jealous 'cuz we chose not to do any (for financial reasons, boo). Now I wish we had done them... You guys are so adorable though! love it :thumbsup2 G'luck with MOH's new dress!

Thanks so much! We almost didn't do engagement pictures neither but, in the end it was really worth it. I am sorry you didn't get that opportunity. Hopefully your wedding pictures make up for it!

Thanks!

AHHH, I wanna see a bajillion more pictures! You two are so adorable! I love all the shots--they are so beautiful.

Thanks! I wanna see a KAGILLION more! I can't wait!

Your BEO looks awesome! It's so great you'll only owe $2,500! Niiice!! Crossing my fingers your floral BEO is just as nice as this one!

What beautiful pictures!! You two look so happy and in love!

So much is happening so fast for you Nancy! 2 months! YAY!

Hope everything works out with your MOH! Can't wait to hear about your shower!

Thanks! I will be posting more on the shower, dress fitting and MOH dress situation in a few weeks!

Your BEO looks great so far and your E-pics turned out amazingly! I really love the one with the sand castle and the fireworks. It looks like you got a wide variety of shots!

Thanks!

Your BEO is kinda sorta kick butt. I love it! Have you decided just not to have photography at your reception?? Just curious. :)

THANK GOD THE D-BAG GOT HIS SUIT! D-BAG.

I love the Ardnts. I debated between them and Randy for a long time, but chose Randy mostly because I'm super cheap. Your pics are lovely; I like the silly one the best!

I'm happy for your MOH! I hope she starts being a pain in the booty though.

Thanks Jackie! She has stopped being a PITA lol but, alas, pregnancy hormones are a female dog :rotfl: We have decided to not have photography at the reception and DP. It's not worth 2800$ if you ask me! We will most likely be using wedit. It's a company online that rents 5 flip cams to you to give to your guests and, in the end, you send them back with all the footage and they put it all together for you. It's like 225$. Much more reasonable than 2800$ lol

I'm so glad that everyone is following along and enjoying the journey that we are taking! In some wedding news, we have started getting more and more wedding RSVPs, which is nice. The nicer part is, the people who have been responding with zeros, have been including cheques with zeros lol I feel so blessed to have family that cares enough to make sure we have an amazing time even though they can't be there. One of my uncles even sent us a cheque for how much his and his family's trip would have cost him! I couldn't believe it! Our trip is going to be so awesome!

Also, in other non-wedding related (sorta, but not related) news, Nick agreed to take a trip to Disney in December between Christmas and New Years! My goal is to be there for New Years Eve and be in MK at midnight! We will see if he wants to stay that long. He also suggested that, since we decided to cancel the Bridal Portrait session at Epcot, we can take a session in the parks for Christmas Cards for the year after! His argument was that the decorations are going to be so awesome and it will look so much nicer in pictures. I think I created a Disney fanatic lol

Other than that, like I mentioned above, there will be some radio silence for a couple of weeks. The shower is on May 11th and the dress fitting is on May 16th so I will be having a HUGE post around that time, and yes, the Craig Kitten will be back for more life lessons! lol

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Hey everyone! The past few weeks have been amazing! We had the wedding shower which was so fun! I had my first fitting. Nick and I got our wedding bands and I got lots of stuff done off my to-do list! 47 days to go and I am psyched!!!

So lets start off with the wedding shower. We had it on a Friday night. The theme was zebra and hot pink! Here is a picture of the room decor:
DSC_0002-1.jpg

The delicious cake!
DSC_0010.jpg

The door prize table. We had people fill out date idea cards and I would pick 5 people at a time to go get a gift!
DSC_0020.jpg

The amazing guestbook my godmother made for me!
DSC_0059-1.jpg

The seating chart and the favours
DSC_0060-1.jpg

It was honestly SO MUCH FUN!!! I want to do it again! lol I don't even want gifts the next time lol It was just such a blast! We had a martini bar and offered free martinis for everyone! The food was delicious and the cake was so yummy!

I surprisingly didn't get emotional except for 2 times about the same thing. You see, my aunt passed away in January from a long battle with breast/bone/brain cancer. Her daughter, my cousin, had just gotten a tattoo of her mother's face the day before the shower and, when she showed up, I asked to see it. It was so beautiful and I just lost it right there. I wish more than anything that she could have came to the shower and the wedding. It's crazy how much I miss her. The second time, I was opening a gift. I gazed to the bottom of the card, as I did with all the cards, to announce who it was from. Well this one was from my aunt. I just looked up at my cousin and started bawling! I couldn't even read the card or even tell people who it was from....Needless to say it was a very emotional moment for pretty much everyone in the room.

Anyways, on a happier note, here are some pictures!!! YAY!

My super cute Mémé!
DSC_0024-1.jpg

My mom and me <3
DSC_0033.jpg

Nick's step-mom, Nick's mom, and my MOH Stacey
DSC_0047-1.jpg

Nick's aunts actually set up all of our bedding on an air mattress for all to see! It was such a nice surprise! Too bad the air mattress was just a loaner lol
DSC_0066-1.jpg

Some of the very generous gifts!
DSC_0067-1.jpg

Our martini server...Ronaldo!
DSC_0180.jpg

Nick's step-sister Shelby, my sister Kiki, myself, and my MOH Stacey
DSC_0227.jpg

Nick and his momma!
DSC_0435.jpg

Lounging on our new bedding :)
DSC_0479.jpg

One of the games we played was that one person per table had to go and decorate a new pay of underwear for Nick using fabric paint! It was such a hit!

DSC_0386.jpg

(Nick's last name is Trojand....people took advantage of that lol)
DSC_0387.jpg

A few days after the shower, I had my first fitting. The dress length is perfect! All I needed was a bustle! However, the back-butt action was WAYY disappointing and I didn't want to post any pictures. Sorry :( I have started going to the gym again to get rid of it. My next fitting is on June 20th so I will have pictures then...I promise :)

I finally got my wedding band! Here is a picture:
IMG_0578.jpg

Nick actually MADE his at work!!! I was so surprised when he came home and showed it to me! It is actually really nice! He made it out of some metal at his shop that doesn't rust or tarnish but it's like a bronze colour. I think we will go to the jeweller and get it dipped in white gold or something.

I also finished off a lot of stuff for the welcome bags these past few days. I made the welcome letter and the itinerary for the welcome folders. A huge thanks to fellow Dis-bride Ashley for the templates! Here are the screen shots of the letter and newsletter:

Newsletter9-1.jpg

Newsletter10.png

Newsletter3.png

Welcomeletter.png

Lastly, I have decided that, after the wedding I will be staying in Disney by myself for an extra week! The reason being I am organizing the Dis-bride photo shoot that will take place on the Sunday. Also, I am going to fellow Dis-Bride Renee's wedding on the Thursday!!! I am so excited! It will be nice to have a vacation from all the hoopla lol....I am just sad that Nick has to go home and will be missing out :(

Anyways....I think that's it! I can't believe how close we are getting to the wedding! Just one more month of work and I am officially off for the summer! I think once the vacation time starts I will be a major stress ball....but for now I am goooooddd lol

Yay update!

You are going to LOVE being at Disney solo! Yes it'll suck without the hubs, but I've done 3 (or is it 4 now?) solo trips and they're my fave way to do Disney.

I was waiting for an update from you!!! :D Yay!

LOVE your shower, so cute! & can't believe all those undies :rotfl2: I was literally LOL

The newsletter looks awesome too! & Love the wedding band :goodvibes

Yay update!

You are going to LOVE being at Disney solo! Yes it'll suck without the hubs, but I've done 3 (or is it 4 now?) solo trips and they're my fave way to do Disney.

It will be 4 in July!!! lol I am pretty psyched to do it! Honestly, I am sad because I will be away from my kitties for so long! Who cares about the hubby lol :lmao:

I was waiting for an update from you!!! :D Yay!

LOVE your shower, so cute! & can't believe all those undies :rotfl2: I was literally LOL

The newsletter looks awesome too! & Love the wedding band :goodvibes

Thanks! Yeah everyone was dying when I showed all of the underwear!!! It was so fun!

Hey everyone! So, with only 38 days left until the wedding, it's really time to crack down lol. Luckily, our to-do list is down to about 10 things so I'm not really panicking lol....I'm sure I will be come a month from now...but right now, I'm good. Here are some updates:

We got our programs in the mail. Here is a picture:
IMG_0603.jpg

They look nice, but if you look closely at the cover, it's pixelated and blurry. Here is a close up, if you can see it:
IMG_0602.jpg

Also, they were supposed to come with a ribbon as the pivot. I was pretty angry when I opened the box and saw the ribbons missing and the blurry image. I emailed the etsy seller on Wednesday....no reply yet. I hope she sends me new covers and ribbons. We will see.

I also finished our favour cards. They will be at each place setting along with 4 pins.
IMG_0595.jpg

I originally ordered 150 pins thinking we would have more people....but, with only 21 guests, I have LOTS of pins left lol....ah well, more for me lol.

Tonight, I started putting together the welcome bags ( I will post pics when they are finished) and I made the tags:

IMG_0600.jpg

They are going to look so cute when they are done!

I just ordered our place cards today off of Etsy.
il_fullxfull.324204533.jpg

The colours will be shades of turquoise and the writing will be in purple.

Lastly, remember the super d-bag best man??? Well today he pretty much apologized for being mean and really wants to be a part of all things wedding...he just has no money. So Nick agreed to spot him and he will pay him back. I was really shocked when he was being mean to me...that wasn't like him at all. So now I'm glad to see that he is back to normal.

I can't believe there are only 38 days left!!! I remember when it seemed sooo far away! Now I am so excited and yet a little sad that it will be all over!

Anyways, I will have more updates as the weeks go by. Thanks for following along!

Oh my goodness, Nancy--All these updates are amazing! I'm so excited for you!

•The shower looked like so much fun!
•AHAH, I love the undies from the shower. Too funny.
•I love the favors, place cards, program fans, rings, basically everything, lol!

YOU ARE SO CLOSE!!!

Your shower looked liek so much fun!!

Honestly for the programs,what type of paper are they on? By the looks of the close up picture it looks like it might be cardstock or something with a texture to them, if so that's what is causing the picture to look grainy/blurry.

If it's on smooth paper then there is just no excuse! lol :confused3

I love your pin favor idea!! Such a fun idea!

Can wait to see more :banana:

Hi Nancy! I followed your PJ link from the Facebook group and I just finished it within a few hours. I love love love all of your planning! Your colors are great and all of your details are going to be so amazing when they are all put together on the wedding day. Your pics are gorgeous. It was so smart to do your trial that day. You are such a great bride to get so many wonderful gifts for your bridesmaids. It has inspired me to get them more stuff though I don't know if my wallet can handle it. lol I can't wait to read more of your PJ and can't wait until your wedding day! It's sooo close!!

Oh my goodness, Nancy--All these updates are amazing! I'm so excited for you!

•The shower looked like so much fun!
•AHAH, I love the undies from the shower. Too funny.
•I love the favors, place cards, program fans, rings, basically everything, lol!

YOU ARE SO CLOSE!!!

I am so glad you are still around creeping all up on my wedding lol I am so excited for the wedding!!! I'm glad you like all of the updates! There will be lots more soon!

Your shower looked liek so much fun!!

Honestly for the programs,what type of paper are they on? By the looks of the close up picture it looks like it might be cardstock or something with a texture to them, if so that's what is causing the picture to look grainy/blurry.

If it's on smooth paper then there is just no excuse! lol :confused3

I love your pin favor idea!! Such a fun idea!

Can wait to see more :banana:

Yeah they are printed on a card stock that has like little bits of dark pieces in it :confused3 She designed a cover without a picture and is reprinting them now. Sucks that I won't get the picture on the front but....that's life...what can ya do!

The shower was a friggen blast! I want to do it again! lol

Cute shower :lovestruc great posts! :thumbsup2 GETTING CLOSER!! :banana: :dance3:

Thanks!!! It is getting SO close!

Hi Nancy! I followed your PJ link from the Facebook group and I just finished it within a few hours. I love love love all of your planning! Your colors are great and all of your details are going to be so amazing when they are all put together on the wedding day. Your pics are gorgeous. It was so smart to do your trial that day. You are such a great bride to get so many wonderful gifts for your bridesmaids. It has inspired me to get them more stuff though I don't know if my wallet can handle it. lol I can't wait to read more of your PJ and can't wait until your wedding day! It's sooo close!!

Thanks for following along! I saw that you added me on FB too!! :goodvibes Now you can REALLY follow along as I slowly get wound up into a stress ball! lol
Getting the gifts for them was one of the major things I wanted to do. Even though my sister is currently being a PITA lol They totally deserve it. I feel like I am asking a lot for them to travel for our wedding so they need something in return. It did get a little pricey lol...but I kept my eye out for deals and I probably spent around 100 per girl.

Thanks for following along everybody! Like I mentioned above, the program issue has been resolved. I still don't get why she sent me blurry programs but ah well lol We will at least have programs at the ceremony with non-picture fronts and our guests will be none the wiser.

In other wedding news....we were featured on the Disney Wedding Blog Today!!! It was pretty cool to see our pictures up on a website that I have been following along for the past 2 years now! Check it out: DWB Feature

We booked our return flights finally! I was supposed to stay an extra week for the Dis-Bride Photoshoot as well as another Dis-Bride's wedding and Nick was supposed to fly out on the 14th of July. Well, money issues made themselves known and we decided that I can't stay the extra week :sad2: But, I managed to convince Nick to stay an extra day so that I don't have to travel by myself. :cool1: We are going to breakfast with Renee (the other Disbride) and her family and, while us girls are at the photo shoot that afternoon, hopefully Nick will evolve into a social butterfly and go to the parks with her DF or something. We will see.

I think that's it for tonight. I can't believe that there are only 9 things left on my to-do list! I started with over 100 things to do!!! And there's only 35 days until the wedding!!! Holy moly!! I can't wait!!!

Too bad you can't stay the extra week but at least you will be able to catch up with the other girl.

This is the homestretch, girlfriend! I can't wait to read about your WEDDING!!! :bride:

Nancy,

Everything looks fabulous! Can't believe you are only a few days away! Best of luck in the homestretch! pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter