• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nick names for s/o

As I think about it, there are time's I'll use 'Dear'. It's usually without thinking but sometimes as an affectation. Like with mock formality.

he calls me Matilda - not even close to my name - not sure where it came from
Walzing Matilda?

he’ll call them their Name+O
Ok, I'll own up to this one on occasion too. It's cause I refer to them (or any kids I suppose) as kiddos.

at one point he started calling me “Ma.” I nipped that real quick.
Oh yeah, this one has always been cringey for me.

My sister-in-law calls my brother "Daddy" and it does creep me out a bit, so we tease her about it.
I was looking up an acronym for something completely unrelated and discovered there is a pretty well established kink based on this. Not suggesting this is the case here but there might be a wealth of ammunition to be used in future teasing. And I'm not meaning to disparage anyone's kinks per se, whatever between consenting adults and all that, but this one does make me squeamish.

His name is Gordon, so it's Go (like stop and go) most of the time from me. Together we are Go and Jo.

I was looking up an acronym for something completely unrelated and discovered there is a pretty well established kink based on this. Not suggesting this is the case here but there might be a wealth of ammunition to be used in future teasing. And I'm not meaning to disparage anyone's kinks per se, whatever between consenting adults and all that, but this one does make me squeamish.
Yes, that is exactly why I tease her about it and she's well aware of it... Her kids and all the other nieces/nephews are younger so they think nothing of it, but my kids are teens/adults so they also find it inappropriately funny when she calls him that at family events.

Typically I call him by our last name. No idea why that started when we are dating 13 years ago. If I’m being annoying and want him to do something for me (aka I’m too lazy to get off then couch for ice cream and he’s in the kitchen) I call him sugar pie honey bun. Oh and whenever he calls I answer with “hey good lookin”
Oh yeah, I refer to him by last name also.

Hub, hubby, or Vampire.

Second date I asked if he wanted to get food. He remarked "I have not fed yet today." Ever since then he's been Vampire.
If I'm annoyed at him then he's Homeboy or Homeslice. He hates those with the fire of a million suns. 😆

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter