Nice Date Night, not buffet or fixed price?

ChanMom

Earning My Ears
We are headed to Orlando for a short trip at the end of August. This is our first trip with a teen and tween that can hang out on their own while we have a date night and enjoy some foods they wouldn't eat. I'm looking for suggestions for great food and a quiet atmosphere where we are not each required to order a full meal and definitely not a Prix Fixe menu. I'm on Weygovy for weight loss and I literally can't eat a three-course meal or even a generously portioned entree. I'm open to any cuisine except Indian/South Asian. Would be great if it were somewhere on the skyliner, we have park hoppers for every night of the trip.

I'm on Weygovy
This really doesn't matter, i'm not saying it in a mean way just that where ever your going to go it's going to be to much food unless your pulling up next to a fancy snack stand. I would just find a nice restaurant that you want to eat at and eat what you can.

This really doesn't matter, i'm not saying it in a mean way just that where ever your going to go it's going to be to much food unless your pulling up next to a fancy snack stand. I would just find a nice restaurant that you want to eat at and eat what you can.
What I mean is there a nicer table service place that will allow us to share or maybe I can just do an appetizer? It's not like I'm home and can save the leftovers for lunch. Seems wasteful to throw away 1/2 of a $60 entree.

My sister and I shared an app, main and dessert at both Tiffins in AK and at Jiko at AKL.
Those are both nicer restaurants and sharing was not a problem at either.
We did get adult beverages and tipped very well since we shared.

You can relax at Nomad Lounge before Tiffins or at Victoria Falls Lounge at AKL too!

Not on the skyliner, but I'd suggest Toledo at CSR. Beautiful restaurant with a menu that offers smaller choices. The view from up there is just great too.

What I mean is there a nicer table service place that will allow us to share or maybe I can just do an appetizer? It's not like I'm home and can save the leftovers for lunch. Seems wasteful to throw away 1/2 of a $60 entree.
You can split an entree or order just an appetizer anywhere; other than at the AYCTE places you already mentioned. On the Skyliner route, I'd recommend Flying Fish, but it's been kinda loud in there the last few times I've been. Yachtsman Steakhouse or Ale and Compass could work, too. If you venture out away from the Skyliner, I like Jiko and Citricos.

I can’t comment on the restaurants already mentioned other than to say I’ve not had a bad meal at any. And my husband is. It a big eater. He usually orders soup and salad. Or just a salad and shares my entree. And my daughter usually just gets an appetizer has her dinner or we share an entree. It’s never been an issue.

We are headed to Orlando for a short trip at the end of August. This is our first trip with a teen and tween that can hang out on their own while we have a date night and enjoy some foods they wouldn't eat. I'm looking for suggestions for great food and a quiet atmosphere where we are not each required to order a full meal and definitely not a Prix Fixe menu. I'm on Weygovy for weight loss and I literally can't eat a three-course meal or even a generously portioned entree. I'm open to any cuisine except Indian/South Asian. Would be great if it were somewhere on the skyliner, we have park hoppers for every night of the trip.

I would do Topolino's at RIV (on the Skyliner) - the food is very good and the views are incredible. It's a la carte so you can order whatever you would like. If you head into the EP resort area, bluezoo at Dolphin is very good and, again, you can order whatever you would like. If you like sushi, try Kimono's. In EP, we really like Shiki-Sai (in the Japan pavilion) - the have a lot of small plates there and many other items to share. Spice Road Table also has small plates, is very good and has a lovely atmosphere.

Date Night eateries

The Boathouse, DS
The Edison
Paradiso 37
Morimoto Asia (check menu to see if the parameters fit)
Raglan Road

Spice Table, Epcot

Brown Derby, HS

Tiffin, AK

Last edited:

Jaleo - a single tapa for you should be perfect.

we’re going to Bull & Bear at the Waldorf Astoria and I’m very excited. Might be an option if you want something fancier for date night.

we’re going to Bull & Bear at the Waldorf Astoria and I’m very excited. Might be an option if you want something fancier for date night.
Always a good choice. My wife and I are going there Friday for our anniversary.

Always a good choice. My wife and I are going there Friday for our anniversary.
Sorry for the thread derail but can you explain the pasta explosion to me? I’ve seen people rave about it but I’m unsure what it is.

Sorry for the thread derail but can you explain the pasta explosion to me? I’ve seen people rave about it but I’m unsure what it is.
It's pretty literally what the name implies. You get these small little squares of pasta on which they have put some kind of cheese and sauce, topped by another piece of pasta. Its bite size and you put the whole thing in you mouth and it bursts with flavor. Don't miss it.

Il Mulino at the Swan Hotel (near the Boardwalk area. Walk there from the Skyliner) has a nice atmosphere, excellent menu, and you can order as little as you like. Have a great trip.

Not on the skyliner, but I'd suggest Toledo at CSR. Beautiful restaurant with a menu that offers smaller choices. The view from up there is just great too.
Completely agree. Beautiful atmosphere (you can see the fireworks from the restaurant ), amazing food (...and some small plate / tapas appetizers that my DH and I share often. Very good service. Hope you have a great trip!

I would go to Topolinos Terrace.
We went here for dinner and only ordered appetizers and desserts. It was a wonderful experience with the best server - better than we've ever had at California Grill. Wonderful experience, wonderful food.

And it's on the Skyliner.

293263785_10159309584159102_2122750935959718893_n.jpg294424964_10159309584189102_4160798335195980780_n.jpg293597929_10159309584399102_3154625237199382106_n.jpg294095065_10159309584609102_4280034317873643382_n.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter