Niagara Falls Canadian Side Hotels

CynBeth

DIS Veteran
We are considering for next summer doing a Buffalo and Niagara Falls trip. We visited NF many years ago but can’t remember where we stayed. We have been researching resorts on the Canadian side and are trying to decide between the Hilton and Sheraton Fallsview. I have family members with food allergies so the big thing is what the breakfasts are like and also how close to attractions. Would love feedback from anyone who has stayed at either one of those the last few years. Thanks!

We are considering for next summer doing a Buffalo and Niagara Falls trip. We visited NF many years ago but can’t remember where we stayed. We have been researching resorts on the Canadian side and are trying to decide between the Hilton and Sheraton Fallsview. I have family members with food allergies so the big thing is what the breakfasts are like and also how close to attractions. Would love feedback from anyone who has stayed at either one of those the last few years. Thanks!
We took my mother in law. We stayed at Fallsview but were not impressed with breakfast. We paid for the buffet at Hilton which was fantastic but would have been free had we been guests. If we go back I would choose Hilton next time. As far as attractions it’s all pretty close together.
The US side was pretty and more about nature. The Canadian side had some tacky touristy places but offers some of the best views though. Definitely so the Maid of the Mist boat and the Skylon tower.

Attachments

• DSCN1299.jpeg
    DSCN1299.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 9
We went a few years ago and stayed at the Embassy Suites by Hilton. We had a great view of the falls and would definitely stay there again if we venture up that way. Reasonable rates (when we went, maybe $200 a night). Decent location. I think we walked everywhere, never took our car (from what I remember - parking was weird, the hotel wanted like big bucks to valet park your vehicle (like $80+ a night) and almost gave you no choice, but we refused the valet and found a lot right up the street that was like $30 a night.) Sorry, I don't remember what the breakfast was like, I don't think we went as we were with a group of people and ended up just going out exploring in the mornings for breakfast.
This was the view from our room.
IMG_2014.JPG

We stayed at the Marriott Fallsview. The multi-room suite overlooking the falls was outstanding. I liked the ability to walk around the top of the mountain and take the incline.

I always stay at the Sheraton Fallsview! I have always enjoyed my stays there!

TC :cool1:

We stayed last month at the Marriott at the Falls. We had a view similar to WDW Traveler’s. The breakfast buffet was included with our room and was real good with an omelette station. We bought a pass from Niagara parks that included the WeGo bus so used that to get around.

What is the breakfast like? Do they have a made to order eggs station?
We don’t eat breakfast at the Sheraton Fallsview. We either eat at the Denny’s behind it or drive to Niagara-on-the-Lake and have breakfast in the restaurant in the Prince of Wales Hotel. (very historic and beautiful!). The dinner buffet at the Sheraton Fallsview Rainbow Room is wonderful with fabulous views!

We don’t eat breakfast at the Sheraton Fallsview. We either eat at the Denny’s behind it or drive to Niagara-on-the-Lake and have breakfast in the restaurant in the Prince of Wales Hotel. (very historic and beautiful!). The dinner buffet at the Sheraton Fallsview Rainbow Room is wonderful with fabulous views!
I liked that Prince of Wales too. We also found a crazy diner shaped like a space ship. My MIL was here from Scotland so we took her to all sorts of places.

I liked that Prince of Wales too. We also found a crazy diner shaped like a space ship. My MIL was here from Scotland so we took her to all sorts of places.
We always see a play (Shaw Festival Group) when we go.I love Niagara-on-the-Lake!

Just because it's been so many years since we've visited and travel has changed so much within the last two years, can I ask those who have visited more recently, is it so busy now that the hotels there with falls views absolutely need to be booked far in advance?

That's not a comment about OP asking the question, I'm simply trying to gauge how travel to Niagara in particular may have changed since we've visited.

My family’s first visit to Niagara Falls, Ontario, was in 1970 and we stayed in a small motel along the street loaded with other motels, souvenir shops, cheap restaurants, and other tacky attractions. Several blocks away from the falls. I have no idea if our motel still exists.

The most recent visit was in 2011 and we stayed at the Marriott, a vast improvement.

Enjoy your trip.

The Flying Saucer! We asked the check-in staff where they would go for breakfast as a local, and that was where they recommended. Was solid and well priced.

We stayed this summer at Marriot Fallsview- had the highest floor possible and it was WONDERFUL! We would sit at the window in seats they had set up in the room by the window and watch the falls!

I recently started a new job we were all going to get laid off for outsource people replacing us and at the new company we do not earn very much time off the first few years and the days we get I need them for other things so unable to go on this trip. Thankfully we did not book anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter