Neyland stadium? Help ?

TraceyDisney2008

Mouseketeer
Coming from Canada for university of Tennesse game, where should we park and what time should we arrive for a 12 o’clock game. Any help would be appreciated. We are coming from Gatlinburg.

The University saves all the good campus lots for donors and season ticket holders. The only lot they have open for those without parking permits is way on the complete other side of campus from where you will be coming from. And both ways over there are nearly non navicable before football games. Oh and it's 40 bucks too (cash only) There are also various residents and businesses that turn entrepreneur and offer parking nearby, but again, it's a long time in and a long time out and you can pay up to $50 and end up in a situation where you're in a spot that is blocked in. City meters are in effect and are $25 bucks on game day (credit card only) But these fill up fast also.

My advice. From Gatlinburg, Turn onto Chapman Highway in Sevierville. (US 441) You will cross the Tennessee river coming into Knoxville over the Henley St. Bridge. You can see the stadium off to your left and downtown will be on your right. Park at one of those downtown lots. They are closer than where the University lets those without permits park Those lots are free to 20 bucks depending on distance. And they are more convenient to get you out and back to Gatlinburg. State Street and Market Square are free but fill up quickly Main St., City County building garages are $20 and reasonably close Civic Coloseum is $10
There are shuttles from the following locations ($10 for the shuttle round trip)
Krutch park From State St and Market square.
Old City (There is a free lot down there too)
Civic Coliseum.
No shuttle from Main St. or city County but they're not all that far.

WARNING PDF FILE

https://parking.utk.edu/wp-content/...Downtown-Parking-Map-2022-Final-flattened.pdf

I would arrive about 3 hours before game time for a noon start time. There will be activities and there are restaurants to get a bite at. Traffic can be a nightmare. For others reading later starts require even more lead time than 3 hours.

Hi! I live in Knoxville and am a UT grad. I assume you are coming this Saturday for homecoming. Game days are crazy—especially since we are highly ranked for the first time in years. You will likely need to park on Cumberland Ave (the Strip) if you don’t have a parking pass—businesses will sell parking spots. We always parked near East TN Children’s Hospital since they used to sell some of the spaces near the place to raise money for the hospital. You can also park in the public parking garages downtown and walk over. Any place is going to be a 15-25 minute walk. For a noon kickoff I would try to be parked by 8 Am, 9 at the latest. Gatlinburg is an hour drive from downtown with no traffic, and there will be plenty of traffic. This gives you time to park, walk around, see the Vol Walk where the team marches down the street to the stadium (it starts 2 hrs and 15 minutes before kickoff), see some of the Tailgate Villages, etc. Be in your seats 20-30 minutes before kickoff to see the band form the Power T and Smokey run out onto the field. It’s a sellout and the stadium holds 102,000+ so it gets nutty. Oh and theres a dude who has a squirrel that he brings dressed in a tiny squirrel football helmet and has him sit on a squirrel bench for people to see 😆

I agree, come up 441, Chapman Highway. I would park though on the south side of the river and walk across the bridge. It’s a little farther of a walk but much easier to leave after the game. That’s where I will be parking. Good luck and GO VOLS.

I agree, come up 441, Chapman Highway. I would park though on the south side of the river and walk across the bridge. It’s a little farther of a walk but much easier to leave after the game. That’s where I will be parking. Good luck and GO VOLS.
Yes, good call to park on the other side of the river. I never think of that since we are West Knox. Have fun at the game!

Hi! I live in Knoxville and am a UT grad. I assume you are coming this Saturday for homecoming. Game days are crazy—especially since we are highly ranked for the first time in years. You will likely need to park on Cumberland Ave (the Strip) if you don’t have a parking pass—businesses will sell parking spots. We always parked near East TN Children’s Hospital since they used to sell some of the spaces near the place to raise money for the hospital. You can also park in the public parking garages downtown and walk over. Any place is going to be a 15-25 minute walk. For a noon kickoff I would try to be parked by 8 Am, 9 at the latest. Gatlinburg is an hour drive from downtown with no traffic, and there will be plenty of traffic. This gives you time to park, walk around, see the Vol Walk where the team marches down the street to the stadium (it starts 2 hrs and 15 minutes before kickoff), see some of the Tailgate Villages, etc. Be in your seats 20-30 minutes before kickoff to see the band form the Power T and Smokey run out onto the field. It’s a sellout and the stadium holds 102,000+ so it gets nutty. Oh and theres a dude who has a squirrel that he brings dressed in a tiny squirrel football helmet and has him sit on a squirrel bench for people to see 😆
I’d really like to see a picture of the squirrel with a helmet.

Now I know what U of Tennessee’s stadium is called.

I’m guessing Neyland was a former university president or other prominent state person. (OK, I checked. A former football head coach.)

Do any college stadiums have corporate sponsored names, like most NFL stadiums ?

Now I know what U of Tennessee’s stadium is called.

I’m guessing Neyland was a former university president or other prominent state person. (OK, I checked. A former football head coach.)

Do any college stadiums have corporate sponsored names, like most NFL stadiums ?
https://businessofcollegesports.com/data/naming-rights-deals/
There are some, but the majority are at private schools. Rules on this differ by school, and some of them only allow memorial naming (to ensure that you don't get the name of a disgraced person carved permanently into a building.)

My former employer (an SEC flagship school) does now have a process for naming new buildings after companies, but the rights only last 10 years, and the price is seriously steep: the company has to finance at least 50% of the total cost of construction of the facility. That's a really hefty price tag when the building is a stadium with a capacity of at least around 70K, and probably more if it's a D1 powerhouse.

https://businessofcollegesports.com/data/naming-rights-deals/
There are some, but the majority are at private schools. Rules on this differ by school, and some of them only allow memorial naming (to ensure that you don't get the name of a disgraced person carved permanently into a building.)

My former employer (an SEC flagship school) does now have a process for naming new buildings after companies, but the rights only last 10 years, and the price is seriously steep: the company has to finance at least 50% of the total cost of construction of the facility. That's a really hefty price tag when the building is a stadium with a capacity of at least around 70K, and probably more if it's a D1 powerhouse.
I should have remembered that my alma mater’s stadium has a corporate name. In fact, it’s on its second corporate name since opening in 1994. First it was just (new) Rutgers Stadium, then High Point Solutions, now SHI. When I was a student the team played in a run down 1920s facility.

The basketball arena was renamed Jersey Mike’s Arena, a chain of sub/sandwich shops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter