NEXUS Renewal 2024 - Documenting my progress (Update: Approved in 10 weeks)

starvenger

DIS Veteran
I just went through the NEXUS online renewal process. This is, of course, the most painless part of the renewal, since you can do it from the comfort of your home. Completed the forms and paid the fee (don't forget to use a card that pays for your NEXUS if you have one).

And now... we wait.

You'll be waiting awhile :) I sent my (and my son's) renewals on June 7th. We got approval e-letters on October 19 but still waiting on new cards. We were approved with no requirement for interviews. I have heard there will be a second letter at some point and then the cards will come in the mail.

I was expecting to need an interview or something for my son since he was about 6 for the firs tone and is now 14 so the pic is very out of date.

We did use the expired cards on our recent trip in December.

Good luck!

Thanks! My current card actually expires at the end of 2024 so I do have quite a bit of leeway here.

me wife and I both renewed on line as well and both got our cards with in a few weeks. i guess it may depend on where you are we? are in Vancouver Area

we have a mail box in the states and i go down several times a month because she is always buying stuff lol

You'll be waiting awhile :) I sent my (and my son's) renewals on June 7th. We got approval e-letters on October 19 but still waiting on new cards. We were approved with no requirement for interviews. I have heard there will be a second letter at some point and then the cards will come in the mail.

I was expecting to need an interview or something for my son since he was about 6 for the firs tone and is now 14 so the pic is very out of date.

We did use the expired cards on our recent trip in December.

Good luck!

I have this same experience. Submitted my renewal application for myself and my teenagers in April and then got noticed through the website that we were all approved in September and to expect new cards to show up for activation. But it's January now and no cards showed up.

And I've got the same issue with my kids in that their old cards have pictures from when they were 12 and 13, so it doesn't make sense for them to be issue new cards now with the same pictures that are expected to last for 5 more years until they are 22 and 23.

I've sent in a question about this through the online system and after a few days got back and automated response with a link to FAQ's that also says if this doesn't help them e-mail them back. :badpc:

FOr those who have gotten approved and the cards haven't shown up and it has been months since the approval, I would suggest calling the NEXUS program and asking if there is an issue / confirming if the cards have been issued or when they will be. https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/services/travel-voyage/prog/nexus/contacts-eng.html

When my sister's NEXUS renewal was approved this fall it only took a few weeks for the new card to arrive.

We did our renewal in September 2023, at that time the website said that there may be a longer wait time. November we received a notice that approval was complete, and a week later had new cards in hand.

I would definitely be calling NEXUS if you haven't received the cards within a couple of weeks of being approved!

I have this same experience. Submitted my renewal application for myself and my teenagers in April and then got noticed through the website that we were all approved in September and to expect new cards to show up for activation. But it's January now and no cards showed up.

And I've got the same issue with my kids in that their old cards have pictures from when they were 12 and 13, so it doesn't make sense for them to be issue new cards now with the same pictures that are expected to last for 5 more years until they are 22 and 23.

I've sent in a question about this through the online system and after a few days got back and automated response with a link to FAQ's that also says if this doesn't help them e-mail them back. :badpc:

Just as an update, after many many weeks I got a response from the e-mail request sent to the US Nexus people which triggered them issuing a new Nexus card for me that arrived probably 3-4 weeks after. But that only covered me.

For my kids I opted to call the Canadian Nexus information line and left a message which resulted in a return call the next morning. In talking with them, they acknowledged that there was a problem sending out Nexus cards back in September and they knew that many didn't go out properly so they would send us new ones right away for both my kids. Of course, in my head I'm asking if they knew there was a problem and cards weren't sent, why didn't they resend them already before I waited for months and months and called, but oh well.

And when asking about why no new pictures for my kids on their cards the Canadian Nexus person said that the US side approved the applications without asking for new pictures so don't worry about it since they accepted reusing the old picture by approving them. And that in the worst case they may be asked to go see a customs officer with their passport when clearing customs in an airport, which to me kind of defeats the benefit of having Nexus but again, oh well. At least we'll get all the new cards in hand.

So moral of the story is that if you are missing your cards, call the Canadian Nexus information phone number to ask about it.

I'm looking to start the process for the first time but we have no future trips planned. Am I okay to get the ball rolling but then end up waiting potentially a long time before booking interviews as no travel is planned?

I'm looking to start the process for the first time but we have no future trips planned. Am I okay to get the ball rolling but then end up waiting potentially a long time before booking interviews as no travel is planned?
You really never know when it's going to be approved, so I don't see a downside to starting the process.

So we should get a new card? Mine was approved in the fall but I never did. I’m just renewing my kids cards and just figured that out…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter