• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Next Week!!!

Brina, that's horrible! I'm sooo sorry! Work always has a way to messing things up sometimes! I have a similar story...I was supposed to get Friday September 23rd off because we are going to Vegas for my b/fs 21st b-day for the weekend with his brothers. Well we had already purchased the tickets and got the hotel reservations and everything assuming I was in the clear for my vacation request. Well, last wk they told me, sorry, there is a mandatory meeting that Saturday the 24th so they declined my request for Friday, saying that I have to attend the meeting. GRRRRRRRRR! I was sooo mad! They never told me about this MANDATORY meeting earlier. To make things worse, they were like...well we can give u Friday off, but you'd still have to be at the meeting Sat morning. I was like...well...whats the point. So, we are trying to reschedule...its just really annoying! I'm sure things will work out for you though. Thats so mean of them to schedule you on your b-day. Is there anyone you can switch schedules with possibly?

I got it all taken care of today. They scheduled a guy to work in Del Mar in my place and I got his hours. My manager also worked it out for me to have my original days off: Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I'm glad I got it fixed, but I'm still upset over how it went about. Long story on that side. I'm just starting to lose trust on other people at my work and that's not good. :(

Oh, and I'm sorry about your situation, diamondprincess! That's really unfair! You know, my sister sometimes goes away for whole weekends and we'd get this call from her work saying there was a mandatory meeting! She'd only go as far as L.A. on these weekend trips, but there was no way she'd make the meeting! What would happen if you didn't make this meeting? Would they fire you? They should just let you go because you've already got all those reservations. Such ridiculousness!

Brina...thats good that they are letting you off! Things always seem to work out in the end. :) About my situation, we are just going to go another weekend, luckily they did allow us to move the dates on our ressies (we got lucky) So you must be excited! Your b-day is coming up! So you will be there on Sat? I will keep an eye out! I will be a little 5'4 hispanic girlie w/ my bff a taller super skinny white guy! I'll probably be wearing pink flip flops. Hehe! Take care and have a great trip! I cant wait...we are leaving tonight! :banana:

That's great you could get things figured out with your reservations! Yah, maybe I'll see you! I plan on wearing a dark purple tank top with glittery cutesy looking designs! Both my sister and I will have our gold ears on! I'll look out for you, unless you want to meet up around 1 p.m. in New Orleans Square? That's probably around the time we'll be getting out of the Blue Bayou if lunch is at 11:50 a.m.

Everyone please let me know how the last week of 'summer' was when you get back !! I'm planning a trip to CA with DNeph for the end of next summer and we plan to be in DL from the weekend before labor day through the Thurs before LD - then fly back east and get ready for school to start ! :smooth: Haven't been to DL in 16 years, so I look forward to hearing how your trips went!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter