• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Next Week!!!

diamondprincess

Earning My Ears
OMG! I am going next week and will be there the 24th-28th! Is there anyone else going at this time? I'm also curious if I should wear more flip flops or tennis shoes? Dumb question, I know...but I'm gonna be doin a lot of walking...so I wanna make sure it'll be comfortable. I like flip flops because they are nice and airy (I'm kinda afraid of them possibly falling off on rides), but tennis shoes are comfortable too but can sometimes make your feet feel cramped after a long day. Hmmm...dilemma...any help would be appreciated... :laughing:

We'll be there the 22-28 so maybe you'll see us. We'll be the ones with 3 boys in matching outfits and a baby boy. Oddly enough we're always asked if they're triplets but they're a year apart. :) I wear Ecco sandals which are just as comfortable and supporting as shoes plus no walking around in soggy shoes from water rides. And tennis shoes tend to get tighter later in the day. IMO.
Either way have lots of fun. :sunny:

Hi, diamondprincess! I'll definitely be up there with my family on August 27! It's my birthday and we have reservations for the Blue Bayou at 11:50 a.m.! We'll be there all day and then plan to get a room at the Holiday Inn close by. I want to go to the Queen Mary the next day and then after that closes return to do some of Disney's California Adventure.

As for shoes, go with the tennis shoes. There's no rides where your feet will dangle, so you could wear flip flops if you wanted to. Although, they don't have much support and your feet might get sore by the end of the day. My aunt, Mom, and sister all wear KEDS and they love them! I usually wear a pair of sandals that I've had forever and they're very comfortable!

Maybe I'll see you up there? My sister and I will be wearing our GOLD Mickey Mouse ears! :earsgirl:

Im not headin down till Sept5th, Have an awesome time, make sure to take lots of pictures and let us know a trip report when you get back :)

:banana:

Have fun! As for shoes, it depends on what you usually wear.
I'm a SAHM, so I never ever wear closed shoes, but I followed everyone's advice the first 3 trips and broke out my good supportive tennis shoes. Unfortunately, i was MISERABLE!!!!!! My feet weren't used to shoes anymore, and I ended up with painfully sore feet as well as huge blisters. I have since gooten a pair of Earth Shoes Fip-Flops, which are open for my feet and also padded and supportive.
Have fun!

I am looking into buying a pair if Crocs for our trip on Sept. 7-9th(only 21 more days! :banana: ). There was a thread that I read the other day here that was about how comfy they are. You can buy them online, but I read how long it took some people to get them, so I went over to Nordstrom who carries them now and tried them on. They are very comfy, but fit differently, so I'd definitely try them on before buying them online, which I nearly did!
Also, if you are going to CA, your feet do dangle on Soarin' over California, I though I was going to lose my flip flop last time!
Good luck and have fun!

NezzieRella said:
Also, if you are going to CA, your feet do dangle on Soarin' over California, I though I was going to lose my flip flop last time!
Good luck and have fun!
Oh, that's right! I was only thinking of rides in the original park! Yes, your feet do dangle, but I believe they'll let you place your flip flops in the basket underneath the seat.

Haha! Well, Happy Birthday Brina78! It will be a great birthday at the Happiest place on earth! I've never been there, but I have heard wonderful things about the Blue Bayou. Have a great birthday and yes, I might see you there! I will be the little hispanic girl with a tall white guy and we will be decked out in our Disneyland gear! Have a blast!

Eeyorecln, LOL! I love it when families dress siblings alike! I have twin sisters and I always insisted to dress them alike to the T! I hope you guys have a blast and I will be looking out for ya!

Brina78 said:
Oh, that's right! I was only thinking of rides in the original park! Yes, your feet do dangle, but I believe they'll let you place your flip flops in the basket underneath the seat.

Oh yeah, there is a basket for them:blush:. It's been too long (3 years) since my last trip to DL, I'm getting rusty!

We'll be there the 25th thru 27th. Taking my mom, niece and nephew for their first trip ever. Can't wait and hope to see some fellow DISers while we are there!! Have a great time.

We are coming too! Arriving Aug 22-30th. Will be in the parks, Tues 23, Wed 24, Thurs 25, and Monday the 30th
Ds (11) :earsboy: , ds (8) :earsboy: , ds (4) :earsboy: , dd (3) :earsgirl:
and if you run into some Canadian's saying, eh?! Then you might realize it's us. First time for me and the kids, not for my husband, though. Should be fun!

I've gone in flip flops many times. I always take my shoes off and place them in a basket on rides they may fly off on (just like I would place my camera the bag). Works great!

2cute4u....you will have a blast, I'm sure! Enjoy your first time and I will be on the lookout for fellow DISers! In reading some of the other forum entries, its funny when you read one where they ran into other DISers!

Look like we are going to miss most of you - will be in the parks 8/31 - 9/2 although we are checking in to DLH on 8/28. DD has flip-flops for every outfit ;) Have fun everyone!!

We'll be there next week for 4 days. Got the Crowne Plaza for a great price through Priceline.

My suggestion is some comfortable flip flops. It's CA so a good pair of Teva's would be perfect.

We will be there Friday through Monday, too. We'll also have matching outfits (red Mickey shirts one day ... blue July 17th shirts another ... although they did not have these in sizes that worked for our entire family).

Hoping to find an inexpensive place to lay our heads at night (we have family who live an hour away we are planning to stay with ... but would love to not have to deal with commute and be able to go back and forth during the day). If anyone has any suggestions ...

*siiiigh* You know when you put in a request for days off at work but that normally doesn't guarantee you'll get them? I just read my schedule for this week tonight and I didn't get the 27th and 28th that I put in! On top of that, they're transferring me to work at a store located in Del Mar! They KNOW about my transportation problem and this is the first time they've done this to me! I'm so furious with my job, I'm about ready to quit! The thing that upsets me most is they scheduled me on days I asked for off! I have reservations for the Blue Bayou for Saturday! I don't want to miss it! I'm going to try and get this figured out tomorrow morning. Wish me luck everyone. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter