Next resort most in need of refurbishment

Now BRV is finally getting refurbed, which resort is now most in need of refurbishment?!

• AKV

• BLT

• BWV

• SSR (Treehouses)

• VGC

• HHI

Results are only viewable after voting.
BRV studios went from 4-5 too. It was a surprise that when they refurbished SSR they did not add the 5th bed in the studios. The room size and layouts for BWV,BCV and BRV are almost identical, they are all within a square foot or two.
Yes, I was a little surprised with the SSR refurb. I’m thinking they wanted to be “logical” with room occupancy - studios sleep 4, 1BR sleep 5, 2 BR sleep 6-9. But who knows what their thinking was! I just hope BRV, BWV, and BCV get the queen Murphy in the living room!

Yes, I was a little surprised with the SSR refurb. I’m thinking they wanted to be “logical” with room occupancy - studios sleep 4, 1BR sleep 5, 2 BR sleep 6-9. But who knows what their thinking was! I just hope BRV, BWV, and BCV get the queen Murphy in the living room!
my parents stayed in a studio at SSR in June (we were in a 1 bed). I don't know how they would have fit the little murphy bed in there. It was TIGHT without the little bed. They had an ECV, which is thinner than the little pull down bed and it didn't fit between the bed and the tv.

my parents stayed in a studio at SSR in June (we were in a 1 bed). I don't know how they would have fit the little murphy bed in there. It was TIGHT without the little bed. They had an ECV, which is thinner than the little pull down bed and it didn't fit between the bed and the tv.
Good to know - that’s very likely the reason. The location of the door between studio and living room at BWV is likely the reason they couldn’t put the single Murphy under the living room TV, and it may prevent adding it during the next BWV refurb, depending on how the queen Murphy bed/couch extends when down.

I voted for AKV. I think the dark furniture shows the dings and cuts more. All of the resorts shown probably need refurbs but they have to wait the 7 years since their last refresh for a full refurb.

I am writing in a vote for BCV! That furniture has got to go. It is beat up and the sofas are stained big time.
I vote with you! Most of all they NEED to replace the awful sleeper sofas with the murphy beds that have become the norm in most DVC resorts! Pretty everything else I can live with for a while, but those sofas have to go ASAP... it is bad enough they took away our ceiling fans and replaced our nice, big jetted tubs with soaking tubs that are NOT bubblers like some other resorts got.

Most of all they NEED to replace the awful sleeper sofas with the murphy beds that have become the norm in most DVC resorts!
When they announced that RIV would have those Murphy beds, they also announced that they’d be rolling them out to the other DVC resorts. They may not be able to install them at OKW due to room configuration, but I definitely expect BCV and BWV to get them.

When they announced that RIV would have those Murphy beds, they also announced that they’d be rolling them out to the other DVC resorts. They may not be able to install them at OKW due to room configuration, but I definitely expect BCV and BWV to get them.
Thank you! And hopefully they replace them
sooner rather than later ( not wait for the next refurb) for both resorts!

Thank you! And hopefully they replace them
sooner rather than later ( not wait for the next refurb) for both resorts!
Considering that BWV and BCV should be next in line for refurbishment after BRV, I don’t expect that. I think that attaching the Murphy bed/couch structure to the wall requires more structural work than could be accomplished quickly enough to allow taking rooms out of service separate from a full refurbishment. But, as in all things Disney, all we can do,is wait and see!

Oh, I forgot that BCV got a full refurb way back in 2016. It will be interesting to see, then, whether they get the living room Murphy bed/couch during the "refresh" or have to wait another 7 years to get them!

I believe the Poly was just a refresh and they were given them so I bet they get them!!

I believe the Poly was just a refresh and they were given them so I bet they get them!!
Well, yes, but of course Poly is “special,” like a favorite child. That’s why it got to jump in front of other, more deserving resorts, like BRV. But based on that, installing those Murphys isn’t as time consuming and difficult as I thought it might be, so hopefully they’ll be included in the BCV refresh.

Oh, I forgot that BCV got a full refurb way back in 2016. It will be interesting to see, then, whether they get the living room Murphy bed/couch during the "refresh" or have to wait another 7 years to get them!
According to this chart BCV is supposed to get a refresh in 2022. Did that happen yet?

Those sofa beds at BWV really need to go- fast, the old ones were much better than the ones they swapped them out for in 2016.

BWV needs help. Our room just 2 days ago was a disaster. The sofa bed was awful, our toilet was so slow it flushed twice every time and clogged, the bathroom light kept flickering, the dishwasher was broken and probably would’ve flooded our room if we used it, and the microwave SPARKED when we turned it on with a normal plate in it. Fun times.

According to this chart BCV is supposed to get a refresh in 2022. Did that happen yet?
No. 2022 was when Poly and VGF jumped the line in front of BRV, which was way overdue and is just now being refurbed.

I voted for BWV because of some reports of water damage, which for me is a much bigger issue than furniture. Still I think BCV and BLT should follow asap. I stayed on both properties last March, and lots of issues with furniture, drawers that wouldn't remain closed, stains, dirty sofas... I mean, a refresh would do wonders for both resorts, but I understand that BLT should get a full refurb, right?

Sorry but I hope they won't add the 5th bed in a studio with the refurbishment and they stop doing it for new builds as well. 100% egoistic on my side, but I think the 5th bed is one of the cause for booking pattern problems with DVC. Ah, if only they build 2 people studios like other timeshares! Who wants to bring kids to a Disney Vacation anyway? :rotfl:

Sorry but I hope they won't add the 5th bed in a studio with the refurbishment and they stop doing it for new builds as well. 100% egoistic on my side, but I think the 5th bed is one of the cause for booking pattern problems with DVC. Ah, if only they build 2 people studios like other timeshares! Who wants to bring kids to a Disney Vacation anyway? :rotfl:
Oh, I agree — I thought it was crazy when they added the single Murphy beds to BWV & BCV studios, so that they sleep 5, while leaving the 1BR sleeping 4!

But the 5-person studios are in keeping with the DVC timeshare-hotel hybrid model, where guests cram as many people as possible into their villa. We don’t understand it, because we bought DVC to have more space for the four of us than a hotel room provided, but then again we had had experience with timeshares elsewhere and thought of them as home away from home rather than hotel room. I think that many DVC buyers, especially those captured by the pixie dust while on vacation, think of DVC villas as just another hotel room, and DVD is obliging them by building 5-person studios.

After having been here at DHHIR for 8 months, and looking at that living room sofa every day, I can't believe that they haven't at least replaced those. No one can sit on the couch, because it's so misshapen that if you sit on it, you'll just slide forward and down onto the floor. Fortunately, there's one chair in the living room. Otherwise DH wouldn't have been able to watch TV in there. But I have to do any TV watching in the bedroom, since there's just the one chair in the living room. When we checked in, I was met with a very noncommittal response about a rehab. I'll mention it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter