Next Question On My List!!!!!!

Ware Bears

Bring me that horizon
Now for my next question! I usually have a long list!!!!!!

What do most of you do, package tours or book everything independently?

Because we'll be going in August 2005, I know we won't get all the free kids offers etc. that are available in the spring but I was wondering if there were bargains to be had by doing it yourself like in Florida. Mind you, on saying that, I priced it all up DIY for Florida, then went into the travel agent to see if they could match it and they gave us the same with 10% off and free insurance!!!

We're planning on travelling on the Eurostar so I suppose the best thing is to wait for all the brochures for Summer 2005 and then price it all independently.

Any advice gratefully received!!!!!

Elaine

I booked to go with Leger coaches. I have been with them once before and am going again in October. I found their service very good. Got picked up from a local point, drivers friendly and helpful and very entertaining. They stayed with us all the way to the parks and collected us again on the morning we were due to go home. No bother at all

You get your travel all sorted, obviously, the room etc as per your booking, passes to the parks etc and I believe you can book for things like character breakfasts also with them.

I can't fault them to be honest.

We always book everything individually. We book the hotel using our DVC points and the Eurostar using our airmiles. Friends of ours priced up a 3/4 night stay using packages and I told them to compare it to booking direct. The ended up buying AP's and getting 15% off the room price at S.L. They said it worked out a lot cheaper than booking a package.

We paid £170 for 2A and 2C (1 child is under 5) + plus using some of our airmiles. This was booked in advance of the normal window for Eurostar. For instance you can get really cheap flights with Easyjet and sort our the hotel yourself.

It is cheaper doing it that way, of course. But I am disabled and travelling on my own so a package where I am collected and deposited at the other end works best for me. The way i see it is that there is going to be some point in the weekend when someone will notice I'm not where I am supposed to be. Going on my own, that does give my family some peace of mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter