Next Batch of Cruises

I get an email from DCL with the dates various groups can book (Castaway Club by level, Golden Oaks, DVC?, and finally, general population - not the prison term, though). And/or keep watching this forum. Make sure you have opted in to marketing for DCL.

Prices do rise as time goes by. It depends on the popularity of the cruise.

If you can afford the deposit. If it matters to you what cabin you are in. Book early. You can get your deposit back (different rules for Concierge cabins).
What are the rules for Concierge? If you buy the "insurance" can you get your $ back?

What are the rules for Concierge? If you buy the "insurance" can you get your $ back?
From the conditions of the Vacation Protection Plan, this is what I am reading:

You will not get $ back for your deposit - as money.

You will get a credit of 75% of your deposit. Must be used within a year.

And you must have paid the entire cost of the DCL insurance.

(This is based on others’ experience): If you MODIFY your Sail Date or Ship, or even category, you can move your deposit - but it remains non-refundable.

Check out these pages for insurance details

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/contracts-terms-safety/vacation-protection-plan/
https://www.archinsurancesolutions.com/coverage/disney/cruise

There are other guests who have gone through this and can give you first-hand knowledge. I did not try to cancel my Concierge bookings.

Is today the day they release itinerary info? I hope...if it's 3/14 or 3/21 I'll either be scrambling to pay the deposit on my way to the airport or trying to figure out what cruise to take next summer while on vacation at Disney, 😂

As far as I know, only rooms that have a silver Castaway Club member in them can be booked during the Silver booking period. You could certainly ask your TA to try to book both at once, but it may not work.

If you are concerned about rooms filling up or prices going up and can arrange the people in each room so there's a silver in each, you can then switch people around at the port or once you board.

We have the same situation and this is the approach we’re taking for our upcoming cruise. Supposedly we can have the individuals sorted out at the port.

Not today :( The announcement for today was the Marvel Day at Sea cruises for early 2025.

Yep. This is exactly why I said today wasn’t the day. Any new itinerary announcement would have taken then wind out of the sails of this marvel announcement.

Just got off Dream for Marvel cruise. (It was great!) Concierge & servers both mentioned they are hearing Dream will be in Alaska in summer 2025. (Many haven’t been to Alaska so were saying they are thinking of extending contract on Dream bc of that. 🤷‍♀️

Just got off Dream for Marvel cruise. (It was great!) Concierge & servers both mentioned they are hearing Dream will be in Alaska in summer 2025. (Many haven’t been to Alaska so were saying they are thinking of extending contract on Dream bc of that. 🤷‍♀️
It seems unlikely that the Dream will go to Alaska in 2025. The Disney Wonder is showing up in Vancouver, Juneau, Ketchikan, and Icy Point Straight for 2025. A PP posted the schedule :) https://claalaska.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/01/All-Alaska-Ports-All-Vessels-2025.pdf

It seems unlikely that the Dream will go to Alaska in 2025. The Disney Wonder is showing up in Vancouver, Juneau, Ketchikan, and Icy Point Straight for 2025. A PP posted the schedule :) https://claalaska.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/01/All-Alaska-Ports-All-Vessels-2025.pdf

In fairness, those schedules can and often do change.

I think it’s very likely either the Dream or Fantasy will be in Alaska, but not until after the last new ship is delivered. Either as a second, seasonal ship or replacing the Wonder.

Sadly for me! Wish they'd bring those back as I'd like to do one on a Disney ship. Maybe in the future they'll have those again
The new locks are "BORING" unfortunately, and those are the only ones DCL can use. Unless they get rain, it may be a while before many cruise lines go in and out as before. Just had some friends who went on RCL and they ended up docking and getting bused to see the locks because of the water issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter