News Round Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've (and I know several other people) have "gone dark" on The Force Awakens - not wanting to risk even the smallest of spoilers. I'm done reading articles and avoid the usual movie MB I sometimes frequent.

I mostly feel safe here on the news and rumors board, So - please, please, please NO details about the movie in this thread. (The posts above are fine as they just talk about overall reactions - just NO details, not even as a joke please.)

And Thank you.
I am trying to avoid posting any spoilers. I found that one above safe because it was spoiler free reactions from the premiere last night.

I've (and I know several other people) have "gone dark" on The Force Awakens - not wanting to risk even the smallest of spoilers. I'm done reading articles and avoid the usual movie MB I sometimes frequent.

I mostly feel safe here on the news and rumors board, So - please, please, please NO details about the movie in this thread. (The posts above are fine as they just talk about overall reactions - just NO details, not even as a joke please.)

And Thank you.

I know nothing of plot... Though I have a hundred internalized theories...

But there was absolutely no way I wasn't gonna go into it without gauging the early interest.

I'm gonna guess 85% fresh and I'll not read anymore till Thursday after 10 pm. The ranking as far as the quality compared to others is far more encouraging to me...

You want an all time quote from me?

THANK YOU, DISNEY!!

sometimes you need a hero...sometimes your faith is rewarded

No way I don't tear up on this one...like field of dreams

I thought it was Jar Jar Abrams...

You know...the jury isn't all back yet. But if the early word is correct...I'm gonna be very happy for Abrams.

There has been a whiney, sniveling comic book nerd segment that has been complaining and moaning about Abrams for 3 years. I don't know if that's lost or Star Trek based...but to not give him a fair chance was silly. Star Trek was purposefully redone to be action based...it wasnt supposed to be Patrick Stewart. And lost was a tv show and there is never enough ideas to fill out that many hours effectively.

I didn't think Disney would take the risk of a bad movie, I didn't think kasdan would write one, and I didn't think ford would just take a paycheck to be in one (IJ4
Aside)...

And I didn't think a fan first, obviously talented guy who was discovered by speilberg when he was 15 and wrote regarding Henry when he was 23 would allow himself to produce a stinker. Like the "genius" who created it did by a handful. (George looked surly again last night and was doing more hatchet work for les moonves on cbs yesterday morning again. It's obvious that part of our childhood is still dead - he's just can't write a good screenplay. He was a one hit wonder. It ended with the concepts for him)

I'm not entirely convinced I'll love it. But If I LIKE it and want to see what happens next...that is enough. There were a couple jack wagon reviews that popped on Twitter trying to be the "downer"...one in particular quoted that was written by a failed actor/blogger who apparently felt it necessary to make fun of teenagers who commit suicide last year. What a prince.

So go away comic book trolls...you'll probably like that awful fast and the furious looking Star Trek trailer more...
Back to your home planet...i.e. the hard drive on your Xbox.

I'm sure it's been reported elsewhere, but in addition to the new scene on Jakku, there have been slight changes elsewhere. For example in the Naboo scene, after submerging, you no longer 'almost hit that poor gungan' you actually do run in to Jar Jar and have him plastered on the viewport for a moment.

Then it's a good day to close it, implode it, and get something worthy of the name

IF (and it's a big if) the new Star Wars attractions were to be non-simulators then I could see a future for Star Tours as a kind of classic, old-school window into the SW universe. As long as they kept on adding/changing video to add new scenes and characters and generally mix things up for the sake of repeatability.

But who am I kidding ...

IF (and it's a big if) the new Star Wars attractions were to be non-simulators then I could see a future for Star Tours as a kind of classic, old-school window into the SW universe. As long as they kept on adding/changing video to add new scenes and characters and generally mix things up for the sake of repeatability.

But who am I kidding ...

And that would completely Change my outlook on it......but who are you kidding?

You know...the jury isn't all back yet. But if the early word is correct...I'm gonna be very happy for Abrams.

There has been a whiney, sniveling comic book nerd segment that has been complaining and moaning about Abrams for 3 years. I don't know if that's lost or Star Trek based...but to not give him a fair chance was silly. Star Trek was purposefully redone to be action based...it wasnt supposed to be Patrick Stewart. And lost was a tv show and there is never enough ideas to fill out that many hours effectively.

I am a pretty big geek. I actually like most of JJ's stuff, lens flares not-withstanding. I loved the first Trek (plot holes and all) and actually liked the 2nd one more than most fans seemed to. I really enjoyed MI:3 and also about 90% of Super 8. The biggest flaw I see with him is he doesn't seem to be able to see the holes in his own stories.

I didn't think Disney would take the risk of a bad movie, I didn't think kasdan would write one, and I didn't think ford would just take a paycheck to be in one

I'm not entirely convinced I'll love it. But If I LIKE it and want to see what happens next...that is enough.

I'm 100% with you. I've been saying for two years that this is the MOST important Star Wars movies. They can make bad ones in the future - but THIS one can't be bad. IT doesn't have to be earth-shatteringly great, but it can't be bad. SO I am expecting GOOD. I am expecting a ton of fan service. (Lots of plot beats we've seen from the original trilogy.)

BUt - just so we still don't agree 100% ---- I happen to LIKE Star Tours just fine for what it is. (An 80s era simulator ride.) I expect much better out of the new round of rides.

So imagineers are embarrassed by Epcot and are highly motivated to make significant improvements. I can see how the Orlando-based management would also be motivated. Their friends and family in Orlando with APs or who entertain out-of-town relatives are bound to tell them even if they can't see it for themselves. But unless some of the embarrassment spreads upward to the budgetary authorities in Burbank, I don't see any opportunity for the imagineers and Orlando management to make meaningful improvements to the park for example by squirreling away money from their maintenance or special event budgets or whatever. The financial oversight is far too strict.

Well there was that rumored $350 million that was to go to Epcot in 2016. But that might all just be maintenance and refurbs I guess. There have been signs of smaller improvements being made lately (outside of Frozen). I'd guess that at the least Avatar will be complete before there would be any serious consideration to put funds behind yet another major project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter