News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to point out a glaring example of good vs bad headlines. These are both covering the same story and this info has already been posted in this thread.
Here is Good:
Disney to Automatically Cancel Disney Park Pass Reservations Not Tied to Valid Admission

Here is Bad:
Disney World is now canceling certain park pass reservations

The first one gives enough information to give you a clear view of what is happening. There are more details if you click through if you want to understand the situation more.

The second one is clearly phrased to make people go "What?!?" and click it. Pure click-bait meant to make you worry that your reservation will be cancelled.

These jumped out to me in my twitter feed today and I wanted to share the stark difference in wording.

For clarification, none of this is directed at any member of these boards or this thread. Just "news" that I thought was interesting.

Construction at Ariels and Cape May Cafe in Disney’s Beach Club Resort

The top part is really all you need to read, and I’ll quote it here...

“Construction at Ariels and Cape May Cafe seems to be hinting at a return soon. We try to stay away from rumors and innuendo so we can’t say when these two may be reopening. What we do know is from Cast members who happen to be speaking about starting training today for Cape May Cafe. We do not have an opening date.

In the photos, you can see they have sectioned off the inner portion of Cape May Café, and have closed off the doors and blocked them at Ariels.”

I wanted to point out a glaring example of good vs bad headlines. These are both covering the same story and this info has already been posted in this thread.
Here is Good:
Disney to Automatically Cancel Disney Park Pass Reservations Not Tied to Valid Admission

Here is Bad:

The first one gives enough information to give you a clear view of what is happening. There are more details if you click through if you want to understand the situation more.

The second one is clearly phrased to make people go "What?!?" and click it. Pure click-bait meant to make you worry that your reservation will be cancelled.

These jumped out to me in my twitter feed today and I wanted to share the stark difference in wording.

For clarification, none of this is directed at any member of these boards or this thread. Just "news" that I thought was interesting.

TOTALLY AGREE - I prefer link heading to tell me the WHAT not sensationalizations

Here is Good:

Here is Bad:

TOTALLY AGREE - I prefer link heading to tell me the WHAT not sensationalizations

I know you said it wasn’t directed to the posters here, but just wanted to let you guys know we’re trying our best to stay on top of things like this.... either by changing headlines (if they seem too click baity), or give descriptions of each article if the headline isn’t that clear or straight forward. (Speaking of @hertamaniac)

Unfortunately, I am not always able to read through the entire article before I post, so you might get some crappy ones that sneak on here and there... but I am definitely trying my best to stay on top of everything and get new/breaking news out right away. 😊

Last edited:
I know you said it wasn’t directed to the posters here, but just wanted to let you guys know we’re trying our best to stay on top of things like this.... either by changing headlines (if they seem too click baity), or give descriptions of each article if the headline isn’t that clear or straight forward. (@hertamaniac)

Unfortunately, I am not always able to read through the entire article before I post, so you might get some crappy ones that sneak on here and there... but I am definitely trying my best to stay on top of everything and get new/breaking news out right away. 😊

Definitely not directed at you guys - at the sources. :earsgirl:

In regards to calling back certain cast members and stuff like that, a friend who worked in resorts was just called back starting in May. Her resort is already open so I suspect this is in preparation for increasing room availability there. Or perhaps she is being reassigned, but she didn’t mention that. Anyway thought I would share!

I know you said it wasn’t directed to the posters here, but just wanted to let you guys know we’re trying our best to stay on top of things like this.... either by changing headlines (if they seem too click baity), or give descriptions of each article if the headline isn’t that clear or straight forward. (Speaking of @hertamaniac)

Absolutely 100% not directed at you. I know you don't write the headlines and I've seen where you try to "fix" click baity headlines. These just jumped out at me today as a clear contrast in tone of headline. Unfortunately Kenny the pirate and DFB are the worst offenders these days. Which is too bad because I really have enjoyed content from them in the past.

Absolutely 100% not directed at you. I know you don't write the headlines and I've seen where you try to "fix" click baity headlines. These just jumped out at me today as a clear contrast in tone of headline. Unfortunately Kenny the pirate and DFB are the worst offenders these days. Which is too bad because I really have enjoyed content from them in the past.

Yeah, I like DFB videos but they do use some shady wording for the titles. Those are generally opinion peices though so I can let it slide. Usually when it's "10 secrets you don't know about WDW," I usually already know them all, so not me, but I still like AJ's exuberence for the parks. 🤣

Definitely not directed at you guys - at the sources. :earsgirl:

Definitely did not take it personally!! Just wanted you guys to know we noticed this as well and are trying to help out however we can!! :D

Cedar Point and Kings Island (both Cedar Fair parks), just announced for the start of the 2021 season: "Face coverings are required indoors unless eating or drinking, and outdoors when social distancing cannot be maintained." Also, masks only recommended on outdoor rides!!! Hoping to see something similar in Florida this summer!!!

Last edited:
Yeah, I like DFB videos but they do use some shady wording for the titles. Those are generally opinion peices though so I can let it slide. Usually when it's "10 secrets you don't know about WDW," I usually already know them all, so not me, but I still like AJ's exuberence for the parks. 🤣
Yeah. My wife and I used to watch DFB videos all the time, but now not as much since they've gone so clickbait-y. And now that All Ears is owned by the same media group that bought DFB, their titles are starting to get clickbait-y, too, which is unfortunate because we really enjoy watching Molly.

In regards to calling back certain cast members and stuff like that, a friend who worked in resorts was just called back starting in May. Her resort is already open so I suspect this is in preparation for increasing room availability there. Or perhaps she is being reassigned, but she didn’t mention that. Anyway thought I would share!

May and June seem to be very busy... or at least not many Park Reservation left. I suspect Disney is looking to increase capacity.... besides, it will be so hot COVID doesn't stand a chance in the FL Sunshine. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter