News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is where the ID check comes in. When Universal had their fingerprint scan off, they checked ID; after they turned them back on you could still choose to show ID instead of scanning your finger. I’m surprised Disney hasn’t been requesting ID with the scanner off. I don’t see the point in expensive, invasive face scanning tech when it takes two seconds to show an ID.

Which is where the ID check comes in. When Universal had their fingerprint scan off, they checked ID; after they turned them back on you could still choose to show ID instead of scanning your finger. I’m surprised Disney hasn’t been requesting ID with the scanner off. I don’t see the point in expensive, invasive face scanning tech when it takes two seconds to show an ID.
You must be unaware of how many people find it cumbersome to have to take their ID into a theme park, even when they intend on purchasing alcohol.

What is it you think they’re going to do with this face scan? Do you think there is more than a few moments where you aren’t on some security camera while walking around the park already? Next thing you know they’ll be installing cameras on attractions and taking pictures of you mid-ride!!

Just a heads up that just 6 June dates have filled for DHS only so it's good to book your park days if you have tickets but no need to panic. There is also room on all those dates for Annual Passholders.
I do wish they would let Passholders with Resort stays "double dip". That is, it would be nice to be able to choose which bucket to use if one if full up. Not worth the trouble for Disney as it can't be that common.

Of course, now that I think about it, that's a headache all it's own. They've allocated a certain percentage to each "bucket" and by staying in a resort I'm part of the guests they've allocated for in the resort "bucket" but if I then used the passholder "bucket" I'm making extra capacity in one place but taking it in the other and .... my head hurts.

I wonder if there's abuse going on currently without the finger scan available. This way it basically shows/takes your picture to make sure it's you.
I wondered this myself when I was there for my friends wedding. Her cousin (AP holder) left middway thru trip to get back for snow - anyone could have taken his magic band and used it when his wife and son went to the parks the next day.

They are HUGE!!!! But, i’m truly hoping that the finished product, meaning the show itself, makes it worth looking at the eye sore all day!
I just keep remembering the times I could find a nice spot to take a little mental break by sipping a "beverage of choice" and gazing across the lagoon, and thinking about how peaceful it was to see all the other countries side by side.

Looks like now it will be gazing at an industrial pile of metal disguised as a fountain, and all but blocking any view of the countries' buildings across the water. I sure hope that the nighttime show is great enough to offset the loss of the day view. We'll see.... some of the past "updates" haven't been brilliant. But I'm holding on to hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter