News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for posting all of this! Anyone who wants to read the content can click on the links, while anyone who wants to skip it can do so as they’re really unobtrusive and don’t affect the page’s performance. I for one am truly grateful that you took the time to share the news :)
This!
I've been checking out of a lot of your links @mrsap, thank you!

Down goes Alamo Drafthouse. Chapter 11 looking to sell themselves. Hopefully they can reorganize with a lower debt threshold. We will see. Theaters are in a bad spot right now. But with vaccines available to every American adult supposedly by summer... maybe that light at the end of the tunnel isn't an onrushing train.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/alamo-drafthouse-bankruptcy-chapter-11-sale-1234920558/

I think this is more of a restructuring, especially since they are keeping Tim League, one of the founders. They are only closing 2 so far. One of those is a 2 theater spot in downtown Austin that has their 70mm screen. The Kansas one is newer. They have 3 of their 6 open in Austin. As long as the ones near me stay open, I’m good. There aren’t many theater companies here, and Regal is closed. If yours is open and you feel comfortable going, I highly recommend how they are handling it. They are very strict and on par or better than Disney’s procedures.

Last time I checked (it's been a few days), the AP bucket was still open. If that was still the case, they could have just shifted availability over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter