News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a community board without having to be in the Community Board.

As for the WM response on the locked thread - I assume they are a bit short-suited in reading comprehension skills since they appeared to have missed the meaning on what this thread was about.

I use to spend time on the boards exclusively in TPAS, with the occasional trip to Rumors. When the pandemic hit, that changed to 99% in Rumors. Sorry to see it go - it will be missed.

Erm, I think I may have helped... :D

I mean, I did say that if we weren’t able to have the harmless banter in that thread and it stuck strictly to guaranteed rumors, the traffic would die down exponentially. Now with no anchor thread with high traffic, it seems as though many will just go their separate ways. I’ve never run a forum, but taking away one of your most active threads doesn’t seem like the smartest move.

I am so sad, you guys. That thread has been the absolute best resource for all the changes over the past (almost) year and all the changes yet to come. Sure, we can probably find information about various particular changes in various other forums, but that was the one-stop-shop for everything that has/will change. Plus, I just had a good time hearing what you all had to say, with all the different interests and opinions. I read every single post, including quite a few that are no longer there, and have looked forward to catching up every day of this very difficult year. I am going to miss you all.

I think we should start a ******* channel amongst ourselves, for those that still wanna chat with each other

Id prefer slack. I find it easier to flow conversations with different channels for various topics. But I’m down either way

So, I shovel for an hour and the whole dang thing blows up.

I see practically every news/rumor thread moved or closed. Seems brilliant since this is the Disney Rumors and News board. We couldn't actually have any threads discussing singular rumors or news in that type of board. Being on topic would be blasphemy.

Very sorry to see Ryan step down. I wouldn't be surprised if traffic to Disboards drops in half thanks to losing all of the actual reasonable and pleasant discussion of news and rumors on the boards...

I watched @WebmasterPete dismantle and not give a proper send off to the Disneyland show and it was so upsetting.

I realize it's probably pointless, but I will be emailing Pete personally today to let him know he has completely lost touch on the heart of his community. I need to take a walk to burn off the steam, but will give it my best and most thoughtful effort.

I encourage all of you to do the same.

I know Reddit is biiiiiiiggggg...

But we can start a sub-reddit specifically for Disney rumors/news. There's already a WDW sub-reddit, Disneyland sub-reddit, etc. - but nothing like this.

Just a thought...

eh, 95% of reddit users think if you just step outside you're a terrible human trying to kill everyone

I had to stop going to the Galaxy' Edge subreddit because one of the top threads was basically trip shaming and had all these awards, and people defending got downvoted

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter