• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
The daily early entry is a plus for me over magic hours. The last few years Magic Hours actually made the park in question more crowded and you would get the EMH surge There are sooo many Disney Hotels both on and offsite that got those perks, it wasn't really very exclusive. This will spread out the crowds evenly. For me it will also help planning. It was always a pain that EMH got announced after my FP and dining reservation window had passed. Now with park pass reservations it would be nearly impossible. I know people remember the "good ole days" of evening magic hours when you had a deserted park, but the last few years, I have noticed very little drop off in the crowding at those evening hours. I really hope this isnt the death Knell for free FP, but time will tell.

Yeah, for onsite guests trying to get on the latest and greatest, it's a better system, as long as you are an early riser.

For everyone else, jury is out.

Yeah, for onsite guests trying to get on the latest and greatest, it's a better system, as long as you are an early riser.

For everyone else, jury is out.
I imagine cast members will like it better. It’s easier to have consistent start times than to have one or two days a week when you start an hour earlier, or especially when you close a few hours later.

The daily early entry is a plus for me over magic hours. The last few years Magic Hours actually made the park in question more crowded and you would get the EMH surge There are sooo many Disney Hotels both on and offsite that got those perks, it wasn't really very exclusive. This will spread out the crowds evenly. For me it will also help planning. It was always a pain that EMH got announced after my FP and dining reservation window had passed. Now with park pass reservations it would be nearly impossible. I know people remember the "good ole days" of evening magic hours when you had a deserted park, but the last few years, I have noticed very little drop off in the crowding at those evening hours. I really hope this isnt the death Knell for free FP, but time will tell.
Now, this is a key point here. Will this new "perk" be ONLY for those staying truly on site, or will it include all the other hotels at DS and the like that they've allowed to sign on for the early admit?

I was out yesterday, but I don't mind the EMH changes. I never planned my vacation around them, and like MaxRebo if my park day choice was a toss up, I would avoid them.

My last trip my park choices lined up with some EMHs that got updated after I planned and we really tried showing up an hour early or waking up way too early with the family. We ended up getting there ... 30min before open. Best thing about it is a good photo in front of the castle without having to wait. Gotta get one in before you're sweating profusely at 9am.

That being said the evening ones will be missed. My wife and I snuck out without the kids to do some MK EMH but the park was sooo crowded we just ended up riding Pirates a few times and walk around.

On MDE that will be missed, mostly the whole not having to deal with luggage thing was amazing, but I'm driving down next time anyway in October so I would have missed it anyway.

edit:
I also choose to completely ignore @TheMaxRebo's last post.

Now, this is a key point here. Will this new "perk" be ONLY for those staying truly on site, or will it include all the other hotels at DS and the like that they've allowed to sign on for the early admit?
It includes some other hotels.

Oh wow! I wish it stays for the year so we can see it!

Now that would finally give us a reason to visit the American Pavilion! 😂

Well, while there check out the main show! Just from a technological logistics perspective it is majorly impressive.

Plus the song featured in it is pretty great

(This has been your daily promotion from an admitted Epcot Defender)

Well, while there check out the main show! Just from a technological logistics perspective it is majorly impressive.

We always go in, listen to Voices of Liberty and leave lol. This year we decided to really get into the stuff we haven't done or haven't done in ages. My kid will be 11 by then and can sit through stuff.

SongS! Don't forget "Two Brothers"!

My sister and I sent out an American Adventure themed Christmas card this year (featuring the Rosie the riveter part, "maybe we'll all be together by next Christmas!"), now we know who sleeps through AA and who doesn't. 😄

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter