News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah - but they have credibility now! I mean, they're The Muppets!
Only to old people (like me) :earboy2: The muppets have been criminally underused for a long time now. They had one good movie in recent history (The Muppets with Jason Segal), and a bunch of mediocre stuff after that (shows, movies, etc). I think they have to rebuild credibility again, if they can.

Only to old people (like me) :earboy2: The muppets have been criminally underused for a long time now. They had one good movie in recent history (The Muppets with Jason Segal), and a bunch of mediocre stuff after that (shows, movies, etc). I think they have to rebuild credibility again, if they can.
If you haven't watched it yet, check out Earth to Ned on D+. Not the original Muppets, but still a Jim Henson production. It is the best "muppet" product of at least the last 5 years, maybe longer. That said, I am super excited to watch the original episodes. I have seasons 1 and 3 on DVD (when my kids were little...) but am missing so many of my favorites.

I wouldn't attempt it, but you could add the amounts together and divide by the average yearly wage of a CM.
Right. But you'd have to adjust for the portion of their salaries that relate to the non-parks divisions of TDC.

With how much compensation for people in those roles is tied to stock performance, the fact that a combined $13 million pay cut came in a year the stock went up 15% is sort of shocking.

Or you could point out that Iger and Chapek took a combined pay cut of around $13 million dollars last year and talk about how many jobs that saved.

Woah... $13 million? How bout we point out the cast members that actually do the work that took a 100% pay cut?

Woah... $13 million? How bout we point out the cast members that actually do the work that took a 100% pay cut?
I think almost all CEO’s are overpaid. I think that is what happens when CEO’s end up overly represented on boards of publicly traded companies. They overvalue their contribution and since the boards they dominate set their salaries they inflate their salaries.

That said, if they took no salary this year, not one job would have been saved. As a publicly traded company they have to look out for the interest of their shareholders and couldn’t justify paying people indefinitely with no work for them to do.

Last edited:
Someone on Twitter did take the combined salaries of the named executives and said if they all took no pay and distributed to the 28,000 laid off CMs, it would come to $2,300 total per person. ... $64m really doesn't go *that* far

My statement taken as written doesn't take an anti or pro compensation stand. Folks seeing those large numbers wouldn't have any idea how many or few CMs it would cover unless they could do the math. As I said I couldn't since I wouldn't know the average yearly wage for CMs.

That said, if they took no salary this year, not one job would have been saved. As a publicly traded company they have to look out for the interest of their shareholders and couldn’t justify paying people indefinitely with no work for them to do.

Totally agree with this part. Disney was good to pay CMs as long as they did but in the current state of the parks and company if the work isn't there the work isn't there and it isn't just CMs. People working on movies and TV shows have had a lot of issues since a lot of those haven't been filming. Things are coming back slowly on the TV side but movies Need theaters to be able to open to really be back to normal.

It's a tough situation for everybody that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter