News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wait. Disney Food Blog bought The Dis? What?
Oh man if that really happened and they tried to get Pete to eat a Mickey pretzel with nacho cheese and beer cheese at the same time I can’t even imagine what kinds of dreadful adjectives he would use about the “food” while still in the restaurant with the staff nearby.

And I remember when the thread contained actual news and informed discussion, and I didn’t have to scroll past 900 gifs to find it!

Are you going to dedicate your time to starting a new one then more to your liking? I don't know how @mrsap does it but she posts news before I even see it on social media and it's nonstop, all day long. It's so upsetting to see people be so unkind to someone who does all this work just for us to read on here.

She's not some DIS boards employee here- she's doing this to be kind and it'd be great to see folks practice kindness back.

That's all I'm going to say on this and Im going back to using the lovely ignore feature which I suggest we all do so we can go back to following Disney news again.

Are you going to dedicate your time to starting a new one then more to your liking? I don't know how @mrsap does it but she posts news before I even see it on social media and it's nonstop, all day long. It's so upsetting to see people be so unkind to someone who does all this work just for us to read on here.

I have no problem with people posting news that is what this thread is for. Don't like all the dancing GIFs which make it harder to find the news.... like you posted 3 of in a row.

So how about that Disneyland news y'all?! So glad to finally see them moving closer to normalcy- it's been so sad for those of us that call that one our 'home' park. I've been waiting for that good news for awhile!

Hopefully we get more good news this week. I would just like to see Indiana Jones return but the closer it gets to our trip the more I lose hope on that one.

She's not some DIS boards employee here- she's doing this to be kind and it'd be great to see folks practice kindness back.

That's all I'm going to say on this and Im going back to using the lovely ignore feature which I suggest we all do so we can go back to following Disney news again.

I think you’re misunderstanding the issue here. It’s the dismissing other people’s perspectives. The reiterating time and time again that this thread is only for positivity. Well, sometimes the information posted in the links is not factual or correct - but if someone points that out they are “negative.” This attitude has alienated some pretty valuable long-time posters that have been here for years.

This thread was always links and some discussion based on them. Never one-sided. There was balance. This has now just become a one-sided echo chamber where only a certain perspective is welcomed. Reality is now sometimes ignored & perceived as negativity. It has become very cliquey, which is quite sad.

Something changed , probably happened after the sale of the DIS to DFB. The webmasters have gotten pretty heavy handed and in some cases are sucking the life out of this forum. Several moderators left at that time. Because of these changes, I'm spending a lot of time on a different forum that isn't one banned here (yet). Maybe if a whole lot of users bail, the owners might get the message.
Do you mind sharing which other forums do you follow?

Thanks @mrsap!

I think you’re misunderstanding the issue here. It’s the dismissing other people’s perspectives. The reiterating time and time again that this thread is only for positivity. Well, sometimes the information posted in the links is not factual or correct - but if someone points that out they are “negative.” This attitude has alienated some pretty valuable long-time posters that have been here for years.

This thread was always links and some discussion based on them. Never one-sided. There was balance. This has now just become a one-sided echo chamber where only a certain perspective is welcomed. Reality is now sometimes ignored & perceived as negativity. It has become very cliquey, which is quite sad.

+1000.
Well said!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter