News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best part "hundreds of years before the Skywalkers". Yay!!

Was kind of disappointed to see Yoda. I wanted all new stuff. I hope he isn't a major focus.
It looks like it gives them a semi-clean slate to start from that they didn't really have the luxury of doing with the sequel trilogy. Could be cool .. but may be tough without a more general movie or show to jump start the series.

I mean .. most Star Wars novels (outside the Timothy Zahn novels) are mediocre at best .. but that is maybe due to the author's hands being tied to "existing" characters and timelines.

I'll probably dive into a few of the comic books first to see if is an interesting "world"

Well, Yoda would have been around though. I think it's fine to include him as a connective point, but I am excited that the rest is all-new stuff. I am looking forward to the show, though I think it'll be a while.

I'm just wary, I want new people/stuff.

If he wants to pop in as a cameo, fine.

The story of real baby yoda. We think this book will tie into Acolyte? If so, I might finally have to read a Star Wars book
Not too sure. This is going to be a vast series of different books. YA titles and comic books and a couple of novels, all covering different stories. I don’t think they’ll be direct tie ins to Acolyte yet though, based on the descriptions provided. Plus, Acolyte is going to take place in the final days of the High Republic, and these books are probably well before that (if they‘re smart and want to maximize the story time in this time period).

I think it will tie in extremely loosely, like Aftermath did to the new trilogy. I think there will be somethings in the show where the book readers go...hey! But I sincerely doubt they'd make it necessary to read the books to be able to get into the show.

I still think what they want is to get the maximum amount of $ out of each person that comes - vs wanting to maximize # of people coming
Free Dining is inevitable for mid to late summer to first week of September. With the 50th on Oct 1 guessing WDW is waiting to shore up their bookings for that month. But don't know how many will rush to anticipated crowds for the anniversary. More crowds equals more lines for attractions. Think Free Dining already dropped this time last year. Too lucrative a promo for WDW to miss unless they absolutely cannot open more tables and more sit down restaurants by June. My guess is Free Dining offers for June through first week September will drop sometime Feb through March. With only AS Movies slated to open in March, more $ POP Century will take up the slack for volume value resort bookings. Significantly more $ than AS Resorts when paying full rack rate with FD. No rumours to pass on only speculation.

Free Dining is inevitable for mid to late summer to first week of September. With the 50th on Oct 1 guessing WDW is waiting to shore up their bookings for that month. But don't know how many will rush to anticipated crowds for the anniversary. More crowds equals more lines for attractions. Think Free Dining already dropped this time last year. Too lucrative a promo for WDW to miss unless they absolutely cannot open more tables and more sit down restaurants by June. My guess is Free Dining offers for June through first week September will drop sometime Feb through March. With only AS Movies slated to open in March, more $ POP Century will take up the slack for volume value resort bookings. Significantly more $ than AS Resorts when paying full rack rate with FD. No rumours to pass on only speculation.

Though that is dependant on the dining plan coming back which is dependant on restaurants having more capacity which is dependant on total capacity of guests increasing, etc

I just don't know if all that happens by June

As much as I love FD and until 2020 travelled every year for 10+ years with FD, I’m not sure it’s going to happen in 2021. If Disney needs to keep crowds lower and thus have less dining options open, I don’t see them bringing back the DP anytime soon which will mean a year without FD. I’d love to be wrong and be able to secure FD for our planned Sep trip but I’m budgeting with paying for food in the plan as I’m just not convinced it will happen this year.

The only people that deal really is good for is DVC members who can get the ticket discount when staying on points, especially for those that can’t get or don’t have APs right now.
How can you get the deal staying on points? I thought you had to stay in a cash room at rack rates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter