News Round Up 2020

Amenities aside, I would rather stay in a Pop-styled hotel (outside hall ways) for the foreseeable future, rather than in an enclosed building with 1000's of my closest friends.

But I'd rather stay at a deluxe with 500 other people than at Pop Century with 5000 other people. Even if they restrict Pop to half capacity - can you imagine the bus lines if they restrict the buses as well? You could be waiting on a bus for 2 hours in the AM. Spaced 6 feet apart. Just shows they have a LOT of stuff to figure out to make this work at all. "Social Distancing" and "Disney World" just do NOT go together.

RUMOR

Live action Kingdom Hearts series rumored to come to Disney+

https://chipandco.com/kingdom-hearts-series-rumored-to-be-389397/
Well, I'll definitely believe that when I see it... I did a quick search and only Disney-themed sites/blogs and WeGotThisCovered are reporting this, so definitely questionable.

Still pretty uncertain how they can turn the games into a halfway decent movie or series. The games are already incredibly camp and I don't think it would translate to the screen very well. If they can pull it off, though, it could be good!

Well, I'll definitely believe that when I see it... I did a quick search and only Disney-themed sites/blogs and WeGotThisCovered are reporting this, so definitely questionable.

Still pretty uncertain how they can turn the games into a halfway decent movie or series. The games are already incredibly camp and I don't think it would translate to the screen very well. If they can pull it off, though, it could be good!

Will be interesting to see how it develops and what ton it has - do you go more "campy" (like Power Rangers-ish) or more serious (like Mandelorian)? I think if they try to be both it will be hard to be successful

But I'd rather stay at a deluxe with 500 other people than at Pop Century with 5000 other people. Even if they restrict Pop to half capacity - can you imagine the bus lines if they restrict the buses as well? You could be waiting on a bus for 2 hours in the AM. Spaced 6 feet apart. Just shows they have a LOT of stuff to figure out to make this work at all. "Social Distancing" and "Disney World" just do NOT go together.

I'd still rather stay at pop because of the skyliner which is already set up for distancing and is quick. And they have always been good about getting more busses there when needed. Plus if I'm coming back from the parks I can use the AoA bus which often has a much shorter or no line when pop has a long one. More options when I add in uber and lyft when I need them than a mod that has internal busses or a value that may share busses.

If Kingdom Keepers was nixed for having too much Disney content, then Kingdom Hearts definitely won't be moving forward either. Live Action would be a weird direction to go in too, I don't think Donald Duck, Goofy, or Mickey would translate particularly well to a "live action" aesthetic.

I agree about the 500 vs 5000 people thing and I'm sorry I should have prefaced it with respect to the discussion around NBA.... (I thought I replied to a quoted post)... doh!

I mean that pretty much says why Disney is not opening June (and who knows about July)? Doesn't that statement say they haven't been approved to open yet? An if they have to submit plans to the state for consideration? The government just doesn't move that fast. :). Doesn't that contradict what he said originally that the parks could open at their own discretion?

At least things are moving in a positive direction, so opening a theme park is coming after the easier, smaller steps of restaurants, gyms, etc.

I mean that pretty much says why Disney is not opening June (and who knows about July)? Doesn't that statement say they haven't been approved to open yet? An if they have to submit plans to the state for consideration? The government just doesn't move that fast. :). Doesn't that contradict what he said originally that the parks could open at their own discretion?

At least things are moving in a positive direction, so opening a theme park is coming after the easier, smaller steps of restaurants, gyms, etc.
DeSantis is allowing them now submit plans. Not that they haven’t yet. This was a new piece. The Florida government surely wants its largest piece of tourism open as soon as possible.

DeSantis is allowing them now submit plans. Not that they haven’t yet. This was a new piece. The Florida government surely wants its largest piece of tourism open as soon as possible.
I think part of this is theatrics on the both the Governor’s part and Disney’s/Universal’s part. It makes the Governor look like he is running the show and it allows Disney/Universal to say they have gone above and beyond to make it as safe as possible while passing off the least popular items as necessary to get the approval of the Governor.

I think part of this is theatrics on the both the Governor’s part and Disney’s/Universal’s part. It makes the Governor look like he is running the show and it allows Disney/Universal to say they have gone above and beyond to make it as safe as possible while passing off the least popular items as necessary to get the approval of the Governor.
I’d say it’s more so on the governors side since Disney was going to have a full fledged plan regardless.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter