News Round Up 2020

It sounds like this could be a quick project. If the parks re-open in the late summer, you have a shot for May.

I'm curious if they will finally add a Moana meet and greet.

I can't allow myself to imagine that opening in May as a possibility as I will get over-excited and then disappointed! :rotfl:

It sounds like this could be a quick project. If the parks re-open in the late summer, you have a shot for May.

I'm curious if they will finally add a Moana meet and greet.

I heard the reason why Disney World never added a Moana meet-and-greet was because they couldn't find enough women in the Orlando area who fit the character description, so unless that changes somehow we probably won't be getting a Moana meet-and-greet anywhere but at Aulani anytime soon.

This is one situation where I’m glad to be wrong. I’m glad that it’s still coming, hopefully Mary Poppins makes it too.

I've been the one tamping down pessimism about bankruptcies but this is a bad sign.

Who wants to buy a dozen theme parks? The bad news is that their operating margin in good times is like 4% and the combined attendance of the 12 parks is similar to MK, but the good news is they'll be cheap!

I’m generally concerned about the regional parks. My local Six Flags has always been one of the lesser parks with a shoestring budget, so if they shut any down, my local park would probably be it.

I could also see some of the regional parks merging, but Sea World is kind of a park all its own. I could see it getting pieced out, but I don’t know who the potential buyers would be. I’ve selfishly wanted a DisneySea in Orlando for a very long time, but I couldn’t see Disney buying an existing park not on property unless they could get it for pennies on the dollar.

I just don’t know.

It will be very interesting times for the theme park industry these next few years.

I’m generally concerned about the regional parks. My local Six Flags has always been one of the lesser parks with a shoestring budget, so if they shut any down, my local park would probably be it.

That's our Six Flags too. It's in a rural location and I haven't been to many Six Flags but I assume it's probably one of the smallest ones. And we bought our family of 5 season passes for Christmas...

I am not sure how much will get truly cancelled. The gutting of the spine is too far along. I can see things like the spaceship earth refurbish being dropped for now, probably mary.popping will be pushed out. maybe the play pavilion if they are not too far along. but they kind of have to finish guardians and tron. Even the star wars hotel which sounds like it's on the backburner for now will restart eventually.

I am not sure how much will get truly cancelled. The gutting of the spine is too far along. I can see things like the spaceship earth refurbish being dropped for now, probably mary.popping will be pushed out. maybe the play pavilion if they are not too far along. but they kind of have to finish guardians and tron. Even the star wars hotel which sounds like it's on the backburner for now will restart eventually.
Poppins was having issues before all of this. I think that may get more than “pushed out.”

I heard the reason why Disney World never added a Moana meet-and-greet was because they couldn't find enough women in the Orlando area who fit the character description, so unless that changes somehow we probably won't be getting a Moana meet-and-greet anywhere but at Aulani anytime soon.

I don't buy this reasoning. DLP had a daily meet and greet with her at Studios in May 18, we met her when we were there. It was very popular. Not sure if it's still there but if not it lasted awhile.

Also she's been meeting at either halloween or xmas parties or both, I can't remember. I think up til now they just don't want to/have a place for her. Even DLR doesn't have a regular meet but she's in the new parade. If they really wanted regular meets with her on either coast they'd find people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter