• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2020

Fun Spot has stated they intend to remain open for now still.
Nothing from SeaWorld, Busch Tampa or Legoland Florida yet. Or Knotts next to Disneyland either.

And for out of the Orlando area, California’s Great America and Dollywood have both stated they intend to open as scheduled

Let's hit it people!!! Dollywood here we come!!!

That would be a treat actually, we love Dollywood. :)

Let's hit it people!!! Dollywood here we come!!!

That would be a treat actually, we love Dollywood. :)
I know people whose trip to Disney World was canceled (they canceled it themselves today before the official closing) . .and are going to the mountains as a replacement.

Six Flags and Cedar Fair parks are 90+% outdoors. And both companies have a crushing debt load. I get it.

But bad form guys.
Most of their properties also aren’t open yet, and don’t open until near or after Disney is set to reopen. I imagine if things get worse, they’ll change their mind. It is a bit surprising for the 6 California parks though.

Six Flags is doing quite poor, and I don’t think it’d take much to push them into another bankruptcy. Cedar Fair and SeaWorld are in a little better shape there, but extended closures could hurt them significantly too.

Last edited:
And they seem very upfront about offering full refunds vs just rescheduling and they are continuing to pay CMs and stuff

The situation sucks, it truly does, but feels like Disney is doing what they can to lessen the blow

I rarely have cause to feel any sympathy for Disney but I do here.

I’m glad they are making this move. Financially it’s going to hurt but they did it anyway. Kudos to them and Uni.

In return I will not rail against prices for 15 days.

Most of their properties also aren’t open yet, and don’t open until near or after Disney is set to reopen. I imagine if things get worse, they’ll change their mind. It is a bit surprising for the 6 California parks though.

Six Flags is doing quite poor, and I don’t think it’d take much to push them into another bankruptcy. Cedar Fair and SeaWorld are in a little better shape there, but extended closures could hurt them significantly too.
I agree for some of the parks here. When you operate on a seasonal schedule it's a bit easier to wait it out moreso when you don't necessarily have an immediate cause to close them.

Why call it now when Worlds of Fun doesn't even open April 10th and even then it's only that Friday, Saturday and Sunday, after that it's only Saturday and Sunday until May 1st where it's Friday, Saturday and Sunday again. Normal 7-days a week operating schedule doesn't start until May 20th. Oceans of Fun opens May 22nd.

I expect that WOF and OOF could close/delay of opening just too early to call it now. KCMO the city has a restriction now on events with over 1,000 attendees but right now that's for 3 weeks. I don't honestly know if WOF and OOF would be counted in that as it was focused on events.

I think with all of this timing will mean everything in respects to each region of the U.S. Because the U.S. is really starting to ramp up with infections it's terrible timing with Spring Break which is normally a time of high travel. Snowball effect with schools and such. Not everywhere in the U.S. is being hit at the same rate and the same time so I think for companies that own multiple properties such as Cedar Fair and Six Flags where their properties are all spread out they probably have a much harder time with this all because it won't make as much sense to close or delay opening of all of their properties especially at the same time dependent on the location of each property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter