News Round Up 2020

Gotta give em credit. That's an amazing accomplishment.

I don’t think they are making Christmas levels worth of money. I think they are understaffing, under performing, reducing capacity to make for a worse guest experience that could be much better. I think they are doing fine financially and that’s an accomplishment. But harming the brand is not.

I took a glance at the park hours today, holy smokes. We are on the edge of spring break and MK has closings as early as 8PM! DHS is closing around 8:30 most nights. It seems like those hours are already about as short as they can get. Hopefully, they are taking steps to fix some of these problems before bigger Crowds materialize. Keeping the most popular theme park in the world open for only 11hrs a day seems like a recipe for disaster from a guest satisfaction perspective.

They play this game every year near Spring Break. They usually end up extending the hours to at least 10pm for MK during the 3rd week of March, which is usually when our Spring Break is. The boards have been full that last few years with complaints of this, and then WDW increases the hours for most people. Sometimes, they even open at 8am (non-EMH), 7am (EMH), and announce this earlier opening the week to a few days before.

If it is the one that can't be named, I'm going to grain of salt this. But if true this is ridiculous.

Speaking of, I can't believe Chapek is now the CEO.
This one is looking like it is correct for at least the some non signature restaurants.

It isn’t great if correct, but it is a better thing to cut than some things Disney could cut. I know it seems crazy given the recent crowds, but Disney and companies in the travel business are thinking they are looking at Armageddon right now. Between government mandated and self imposed restrictions cancellations of rooms and conferences are starting to mount quickly. Only Disney knows how bad their numbers are looking right now over the next six months.

This one is looking like it is correct for at least the some non signature restaurants.

It isn’t great if correct, but it is a better thing to cut than some things Disney could cut. I know it seems crazy given the recent crowds, but Disney and companies in the travel business are thinking they are looking at Armageddon right now. Between government mandated and self imposed restrictions cancellations of rooms and conferences are starting to mount quickly. Only Disney knows how bad their numbers are looking right now over the next six months.
I hope the Signatures at least continue it...I LOVE BREAD!

Devil's advocate though - my husband and kids don't ever eat it, so servers bring out a whole basket for just me (occasionally my little one will take a roll). Maybe they're seeing a lot of waste, esp with people on keto/low carb diets?

yeah, we were there Presidents Week and it was really crowded, but it wasn't like you couldn't move or walk or anything. We still got a lot done - though did see wait times for like C-level attractions way higher than normal (55mins+ for Nemo, etc.)

So if they are calling that a 10, what is Christmas week or 4th of July? To me they were what I would call like an 8

I think the levels are based on wait times, and that was the crazy part was that the parks weren't super duper crowded for much of the time. I would've probably put the weekend itself at a 9 or 10, and maybe Tuesday - Friday around 8.

I hope the Signatures at least continue it...I LOVE BREAD!

Devil's advocate though - my husband and kids don't ever eat it, so servers bring out a whole basket for just me (occasionally my little one will take a roll). Maybe they're seeing a lot of waste, esp with people on keto/low carb diets?

at least maybe ask if people want it? or move to more specialty breads, and make it more like a appetizer and charge a small fee for it

I actually had a cousin take her daughter for the first time last week and she said she loved it and is hooked.
The Seas pavilion has always been our family's favorite at Epcot. I may be in the minority, but our kids really loved the Nemo "upgrade". When we go by the seagulls, I tell my daughter that they're calling out for her (Mine! Mine! Mine!) :lovestruc

When we go again, I hope the aquarium portion gets more attention from Disney. There are lots of other ones around the US that do a much better job. I think Disney can beat them if they wanted.

One report I saw on Twitter stated that Tony’s removed there complimentary bread completely and now has $9 garlic knots as appetizer. If true, that’s ridiculous.

I guess I am ok with just not provide plain old bread just b/c it is standard practice ... if they are going to have something, make it unique/special. Like a Topolino they have fresh bread and then two different olive oils for dipping and a bit of a presetnation explaining that - something like that I think is good and adds to the meal

Len Testa said on a recent Disney Dish that Nemo was seeing long wait times because of the way they were routing people with all the construction.

So sheeple - huh? (This is saying that when entering the park people are being routed from SSE towards Nemo, so basically people coming in going "Hey here's an attraction - let's ride this!" I did noticed the Nemo waits went WAY down in the evening.

So sheeple - huh? (This is saying that when entering the park people are being routed from SSE towards Nemo, so basically people coming in going "Hey here's an attraction - let's ride this!" I did noticed the Nemo waits went WAY down in the evening.

I can see it - especially with all the walls and people not really sure where to go, what is open, what isn't - how much walking it might take to get form one sode of Future World to another just to get to something else... people could be "well, we are here, guess let's just do this for now"

not saying that alone takes something that is usually a walk on to a 55 min wait on it's own, but I can see that adding to things

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter