News Round Up 2020

It used to be the big draw. Every Christmas day it was part of morning routine. After opening gifts we would watch the parade. I still enjoy the parade, I just miss it being just about the parade. I have no interest in any of singers as it's not the people I listen to. Now if they had Dave Matthews perform I would listen.

Yeah, I don’t bother with it anymore. At least they finally changed the title a few years back- was still called a parade even though there’s hardly any parade in it. There are some high quality recordings of the entire parade on Youtube. We watch that instead now.

Yeah this seems to put more emphasis on thrill than theming even though it will be well themed.

There are far better examples to use than this, but I see it like Big Thunder. There’s theming along the coaster, but it’s not going to be anything intricate. Like it won’t be as themed as say Hagrids, but it won’t be as bland as Hulk

This is pretty enormous news for the industry. A full year of major releases means people will expect it going forward. They’re releasing 20 good sized movies this way.

saw this in a different newspaper this morning as well, great point that once they go to new releases on stream, there is no going back.

saw this in a different newspaper this morning as well, great point that once they go to new releases on stream, there is no going back.

Unless this plan completely flops and they don’t hit 100-150M (which isn’t an easy task, but easier given the amount of content the service will have. Those 17 movies don’t include normal HBO programming, the Friends reunion, Justice League, etc) by the end of 2021, they may rethink their plan for 2022.Theaters also have yet to approve this arrangement. I don’t imagine they say no to it, what other choice do they have? But assuming this works out to ATT/WB benefit and they reach their subscriber goal, they are not going to return to the old format of theatrical window of 90 days, no chance

Unless this plan completely flops and they don’t hit 100-150M (which isn’t an easy task, but easier given the amount of content the service will have. Those 17 movies don’t include normal HBO programming, the Friends reunion, Justice League, etc) by the end of 2021, they may rethink their plan for 2022.Theaters also have yet to approve this arrangement. I don’t imagine they say no to it, what other choice do they have? But assuming this works out to ATT/WB benefit and they reach their subscriber goal, they are not going to return to the old format of theatrical window of 90 days, no chance

Definitely interested to see how this works. Does seem like this could be a net positive by giving people the option. At least from this thread it seems like there are a lot of people that like the theater experience and will still opt to see the movies there (assuming theaters are open in their area). Just wondering how many people out there absolutely would have seen these movies in the theater but now absolutely won't?

I know for me there are like only 1 or 2 of these that I would have even considered seeing in the theater in normal times, but I might consider getting HBO Max to get them all. So wondering if in the end this actually enlarges the pie vs slicing the current one up.

Definitely interested to see how this works. Does seem like this could be a net positive by giving people the option. At least from this thread it seems like there are a lot of people that like the theater experience and will still opt to see the movies there (assuming theaters are open in their area). Just wondering how many people out there absolutely would have seen these movies in the theater but now absolutely won't?

I know for me there are like only 1 or 2 of these that I would have even considered seeing in the theater in normal times, but I might consider getting HBO Max to get them all. So wondering if in the end this actually enlarges the pie vs slicing the current one up.

Tom & Jerry - wouldn’t have seen it in theaters, might watch on streaming

Godzilla vs. Kong - Definitely seeing in theaters.

Mortal Kombat - Probably would have seen in theaters. If local theaters are open, still will. If NY theaters are closed, streaming

The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It - Definitely seeing in theaters

In The Heights - Very likely see it in theaters

Space Jam: A New Legacy - Definitely seeing in theaters

The Suicide Squad - Definitely seeing in theaters

Reminiscence, Malignant, The Little Things, Judas and the Black Messiah, Cry Macho -

Havent heard of these, so for now I’ll say might watch on streaming

Dune- Definitely seeing in theaters

The Many Saints of Newark - Probably would have seen in theaters. If local theaters are open, still will. If NY theaters are closed, streaming

King Richard - Not interested at all

Matrix 4 - Might catch on streaming, not a huge Matrix fan

And to me, as a whole, this is a very weak list of movies for a major studio like WB, unless I see/hear things that interest me about the aforementioned movies that I don’t know anything about. To me, Sony and Disney have a far more intriguing lineup of films in 2021

Mortal Kombat - Probably would have seen in theaters. If local theaters are open, still will. If NY theaters are closed, streaming

Reminiscence, Malignant, The Little Things, Judas and the Black Messiah, Cry Macho -

The Many Saints of Newark - Probably would have seen in theaters. If local theaters are open, still will. If NY theaters are closed, streaming

And to me, as a whole, this is a very weak list of movies for a major studio like WB, unless I see/hear things that interest me about the aforementioned movies that I don’t know anything about. To me, Sony and Disney have a far more intriguing lineup of films in 2021

It's funny that you call it weak but would still have seen so many of them. I call it weak too, but I don't think I would have seen any of these in theaters. Of the ones I even could be interested in, they jsut don't look that good to me.

Last edited:
It's funny that you call it weak but would still ahve seen so many of them. I call it weak too, but I don't think I would have seen any of these in theaters. Of the ones I even could be interested in, they jsut don't look that good to me.

Well I saw 13 WB films in theaters in 2019. Anything other than Suicide Squad and Kong vs Godzilla that I’d see in theaters are just movies I’d see, not necessarily hyped for them. That’s why I call it weak. If SS and GvK were the only 2 movies I saw from that slate next year, I wouldn’t be mad. I want to see Dune, Space Jam, Conjuring, and Many Saints, but I’m not itching to see them

Yikes - I don't think there is one on the list I would pay movie theatre prices for.
Although never heard of The Many Saints of Neward.

I enjoy monster movies, but I don't want to see Godzilla and King Kong face off... :D

Yikes - I don't think there is one on the list I would pay movie theatre prices for.
Although never heard of The Many Saints of Neward.

I enjoy monster movies, but I don't want to see Godzilla and King Kong face off... :D

Many Saints of Newark is a prequel movie to The Sopranos. James Gandolfini’s son is playing Tony Soprano

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter