News Round Up 2020

Looks like I won’t have to renew my pass for my (hopeful) late May and mid June trips. 😬😬

I just wish they would make the announcement already. I have a late May trip planned and my annual passes expire mid trip with the current extension. I decided to wait to purchase renewal AP's (I have to do three of them) but now I'm at my 60 day mark and can't make FP+.

It's obvious that they are not going to be opening next week. I don't know why they are waiting.

Bounty hunter ??? ... could we be seeing the live action debut of Beilert Valance? He's an old school expanded universe character that was brought back into the current canon via the new Marvel comics, and a central character to the recently launched Bounty Hunters title.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Beilert_Valance
I don't know if Valance is supposed to still be alive during the Mandalorian time frame, but Biehn would fit the part

I wanted to read reviews on Yacht Club so I've been scouring the internet. I found it interesting that Tripadvisor has a banner across the top of the page that says...Message from Tripadvisor: This business is temporarily closed until 04/30/2020.
From one of the coronavirus threads. I went on Expedia after I saw this and all the Disney O&O hotels show no availability for all of April.

I’d expect a formal announcement soon.

Maybe they were waiting to see what the Coronavirus Relief Bill would provide for employees/soon to be unemployed and corporations? Purely speculating.

I think this is very likely - that they wanted to see what type of support and for how long people would be receiving before making an announcement that will likely include another closure period and what they will/will not do for employees.

Maybe they were waiting to see what the Coronavirus Relief Bill would provide for employees/soon to be unemployed and corporations? Purely speculating.
If they lay them off they will get more money because of the extra $600 in the bill

The risk of laying everyone off is that Disney needs to train a replacement for everyone who finds a new job. If that’s Ten Thousand people that will be a problem.
Are there many businesses that are currently hiring? I believe when it is safe Disney will be one of the first employers to begin slowly opening again as we are seeing in Asia. i'm not sure how many of their employees will have looked and/or found work elsewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter