News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of new stuff for our upcoming trip, but we just miss the runaway railway, departing at 9am on the opening morning. Something for next time I guess.

I can't believe there will be 5 new rides by the time we go back. I am so ready, because I am feeling very burnt out on WDW.

I will miss the opening of MMRR by about 2 weeks, but still, since our last trip we will have new:
- Galaxy's Edge the land (including first time doing Droid Building, Oga's, etc.)
- MF:SR
- RotR
- BatB singalong
- New Canada Show
- New Film in the Land pavilion
- (Hopefully) Space 220
- EPCOT Experience Center
- EPCOT Forever

and probably other things I am forgetting

I will miss the opening of MMRR by about 2 weeks, but still, since our last trip we will have new:
- Galaxy's Edge the land (including first time doing Droid Building, Oga's, etc.)
- MF:SR
- RotR
- BatB singalong
- New Canada Show
- New Film in the Land pavilion
- (Hopefully) Space 220
- EPCOT Experience Center
- EPCOT Forever

and probably other things I am forgetting
Ya .. it looks like anyone going after March 2020 will have so many new attractions/experiences even from just 6-9 months prior! We went in August (for Galaxy's Edge preview) and the amount of stuff opening in late 2019 and early 2020 is amazing!

I am debating now on whether to go in June .. or just wait (painstakingly) until December 2020 and have even more open. (OR BOTH!)

The problem is .. with so many NEW things opening .. it will be hard to fit it ALL in a "normal" (3-4 day) length vacation!

Ya .. it looks like anyone going after March 2020 will have so many new attractions/experiences even from just 6-9 months prior! We went in August (for Galaxy's Edge preview) and the amount of stuff opening in late 2019 and early 2020 is amazing!

I am debating now on whether to go in June .. or just wait (painstakingly) until December 2020 and have even more open. (OR BOTH!)

The problem is .. with so many NEW things opening .. it will be hard to fit it ALL in a "normal" (3-4 day) length vacation!

yeah, we are going in February 2020 and then were planning to take about 18 months off and then do like a big "WDW year" with several trips between August 2021 and August 2022 (get Annual Passes, etc.). If we can hold out, will be a lot of new stuff between Feb 2020 and Aug 2021 for us, on top of all of the new things for us in Feb 2020

I mean...this holds zero weight. "I really liked the movie I'm in."

lol...k.

I do get that, and doesn't mean all that much ... but at the same time if the movie was bad/problematic either you wouldn't see anything posted or it would be more measured / more "spin" ... so I think it is "good" that we see things like this vs not, but doesn't mean all that much in the end either

I would be worried if we weren't seeing things like this though

yeah, we are going in February 2020 and then were planning to take about 18 months off and then do like a big "WDW year" with several trips between August 2021 and August 2022 (get Annual Passes, etc.). If we can hold out, will be a lot of new stuff between Feb 2020 and Aug 2021 for us, on top of all of the new things for us in Feb 2020
Ya .. I enjoyed the Passholder year we just had (Nov. 2018-Nov. 2019 (though we canceled our trip in October since we went unplanned in August 2019). The high price now is shocking, but it does make it fun to be able to go whenever you want and have no pressure during a trip (stay an extra day!).

Maybe we will "hold off" and do a Dec. 2020 - Dec. 2021 AP year ... especially with the 50th ..might be a good time to go a few times.

Just thought I would share.

Oh, sure. Not hating on you sharing it. Just is pretty cringe-y.

I do get that, and doesn't mean all that much ... but at the same time if the movie was bad/problematic either you wouldn't see anything posted or it would be more measured / more "spin" ... so I think it is "good" that we see things like this vs not, but doesn't mean all that much in the end either

I would be worried if we weren't seeing things like this though

I'm not here saying that a movie that's yet to be released is good or bad, but in regards to your logic, I think the opposite. A good movie typically doesn't need a lot of pre-word of mouth (aside from the contractually obligated press tours). The whole thing reeked of desperation. In Disney's eyes, after The Last Jedi, this HAS to be a hit. Too much riding on it.

Ya .. I enjoyed the Passholder year we just had (Nov. 2018-Nov. 2019 (though we canceled our trip in October since we went unplanned in August 2019). The high price now is shocking, but it does make it fun to be able to go whenever you want and have no pressure during a trip (stay an extra day!).

Maybe we will "hold off" and do a Dec. 2020 - Dec. 2021 AP year ... especially with the 50th ..might be a good time to go a few times.

yeah, that is our thought is to cover the actual 50th and then as much into 2022 to hopefully get as much of the new stuff in EPCOT as possible as well. End of August is when we tend to go for our yearly trip so figuring start with that and go from there, but we shall see

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter