News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be interesting to see how long the line for the lone attraction gets .. especially without Fast Pass. I would gather we won't see 3-4 hour wait times like FOP has seen, right? (Because of lot of that is because of the FP queue "cutting off" the standby queue).

But also since they are limiting people INTO the land itself, I am guessing these times will be lower than "normal"?
I assume the reservation system will help with that a lot. It'll be interesting to see what it is in July.

I wish I could like this post more than once. Well said and I agree completely. I get nervous when mods start talking about censorship.

Completely agree. Knowledge is power, and by posting bogus rumors on here from less that credible sites, it's easier for me to correct people IRL and other online communities spewing rumors as fact.

I posted this on the DL SWGE thread, but with how smoothly everything is going in Galaxy's Edge today I wish that Disney would institute these reservations all the time.

What I wouldn't give to go in there when it wasn't wall to wall people...must be a much more pleasant experience.

I know no one has quoted my previous message or argued with me. But I've been thinking more on the topic and I just really think it makes sense.

From reports that have been coming in on the boards, there seems to be a waiting list for the lightsaber experience and the droid building. It's almost impossible to get into the Cantina. So are they really losing any money by limiting the amount of people inside? It doesn't sound like it. Maybe they'd be selling a few more snacks items or blue milk, but it does seem like all the big money making experiences have constant waits anyway.

It seems like a win win for everyone. I'm sure guest are much happier this way. You can get decent pictures of the areas, you can get on Smuggler's more than once and it's not shoulder to shoulder people. Whenever that happens very few people come away feeling happy and in the mood to spend money.

I posted this on the DL SWGE thread, but with how smoothly everything is going in Galaxy's Edge today I wish that Disney would institute these reservations all the time.

What I wouldn't give to go in there when it wasn't wall to wall people...must be a much more pleasant experience.
I’m still really hoping they extend the reservation window, it’s going so smoothly and I’m just going to miss it.

Think about how limited it is though. Even if you are a DL Resort Guest, you only get ONE 4 hour block in the first month. If you went on your once a year or once every 3 years WDW trip would you really want to be bound to ONE visit to GE? I can’t even imagine how frustrating it must be to locals.

I think the best thing is to for WDW is to limit the capacity to the same level or maybe slightly higher than that of DL, but require not reservations. Hotel guest can get in every day if they want to 3 hours before rope drop. Non hotel guests can queue up every single day if they want to. And when they get in they’ll be met by similar crowds as today.

I can think if much worse things than waiting in a virtual line to get into a reasonably crowded galaxy’s Edge while I use my FP to ride tower of terror and TSMM or wait in a line for Slinky.

I know no one has quoted my previous message or argued with me. But I've been thinking more on the topic and I just really think it makes sense.

From reports that have been coming in on the boards, there seems to be a waiting list for the lightsaber experience and the droid building. It's almost impossible to get into the Cantina. So are they really losing any money by limiting the amount of people inside? It doesn't sound like it. Maybe they'd be selling a few more snacks items or blue milk, but it does seem like all the big money making experiences have constant waits anyway.

It seems like a win win for everyone. I'm sure guest are much happier this way. You can get decent pictures of the areas, you can get on Smuggler's more than once and it's not shoulder to shoulder people. Whenever that happens very few people come away feeling happy and in the mood to spend money.

I think at WDW a virtual queue system via MDE that limits the number of people who can get in is probably what will happen. You still don't have to wait in line, except to get into the park, which I would do anyway. Enter park, get your spot in the queue, with hopefully a start time and end time, like a long FP, and then go about your day until then. It's not as convenient, since you don't know way in advance, but you still wouldn't need to wait in line to get in. You would also know when you could get in day of at least. I think they are going to do the virtual queue at DLR after the reservation window. I think that's what I read, or maybe that's wishful thinking.

EDIT: Also, a lot of people who are not staying on property at DLR aren't getting in. Those reservations went in minutes. There are still supposedly on property reservations available though, if you book a room, at least for the reservation period. WDW has too many onsite hotels to guarantee a spot for onsite guests. They would have to do something like they did for the non-onsite people at DLR, which left many of those people without a reservation.

Oh, I am sure they will have reservations at WDW for GE ... Just they will be called "paid after hours events"

Just thinking out loud...with a virtual queue, how do they move people out at the end of their time in Batuu? I see a virtual queue being more like ADRs where they let X number of people in every 5-10 minutes. Is this correct? Have they used this system at WDW before? I’m not saying it wouldn’t work, I’m just wondering how it works? Would a person need to arrive at DHS to try and ‘enter’ a virtual queue? I see it being more challenging than DLs reservation system as WDW guests would also have FP+ reservations booked as well as possibly ADRs.

Guess I’m just wondering, how does a virtual queue work?

Just thinking out loud...with a virtual queue, how do they move people out at the end of their time in Batuu? I see a virtual queue being more like ADRs where they let X number of people in every 5-10 minutes. Is this correct? Have they used this system at WDW before? I’m not saying it wouldn’t work, I’m just wondering how it works? Would a person need to arrive at DHS to try and ‘enter’ a virtual queue? I see it being more challenging than DLs reservation system as WDW guests would also have FP+ reservations booked as well as possibly ADRs.

Guess I’m just wondering, how does a virtual queue work?

Supposedly it will work that the land opens in the morning and people are allowed in until capacity is reached. Then if you try to get in you will request access on your phone and you will be assigned a boarding party which is a time to return. So it will be based on how long people stay / when people leave and they will have analytics to figure out when and how many for each "boarding party".

What site is no longer allowed? If you cant say, I understand. I just don't want to post links to banned sites.
Can we still talk about what that site shares as news and/or rumors? This seems somewhat confusing. Does this ban tie to their reputation on rumors or something related to a travel agency?
I would imagine it's related to the twitter reply they made to the Dis tweet about the rumor/story. And just now looking that tweet is gone.
They are banned for good and it’s best to no longer mention them.

These are the Days of Our Lives... hard to keep up with where the feud stands. I guess this is clear for now!

So Onward looks.....average? I don't know, mini-trailer didn't blow me away. But I said that about Coco and now I've seen it 5 times and it never, ever gets old. My favorite.

So now that SWGE is open in California, I guess I thought it would be a bigger thing than it was.
I realize that the reservation system worked the way it should and that's why what I'm about to say didn't happen, but I was thinking it was going to be lines for hours, masses of people, etc., reminiscent of when Harry Potter opened in Florida.

I know the way it did go down is better for everyone, but I was looking forward to reading about the craziness! And people are so easily influenced, I think if other people saw the masses waiting to get in this new, exciting land it would make them say "hey, I need to be a part of this!".

Maybe WDW will deliver the drama for me. I also think reading on these boards about how "it will be horrid crowds for years to come" helped form my over-excitable expectations.
:p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter