News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the first O in Hollywood should be the silhouette of the Millennium Falcon from above (I know it wouldn't be a perfect circle).

The new logo is fine - very minimalist, which is clearly the direction Disney wants to be going in right now. The characters look very copy-and-pasted, but I can see them rotating those characters out with others regularly so maybe that's why. What I'm confused about is them keeping the name - didn't they make a big deal a year or two ago about how it would be Hollywood Studios through the end of 2018, and then have a new name by 2020? Something like "Disney's Cinemagic Land" or something like that?

Well Star Tours and Muppet Vision are both still studio themed, Indy doesn’t stand alone yet.
Neither of them is about "making of movies" besides the look of the entrance of Star Tours looking like a movie set prop .. (which is now lost .. because the park isn't about the making of movies anymore, so now it just seems like Disney just went cheap on the creation of that facade. :) (even though us veterans know the reason it is like that).

Basically DHS has turned into Islands of Adventure (they even use the "let your adventure begin" tag line now) ... without the islands.
Which is fine .. they should have done something like this with this park like 10 years ago. The "making of movies" theme had short legs anyway -- it was cool one time through, but after you learned about the "magic" of movie making -- it just wasn't exciting to repeat - unless they kept filming shows/movies/cartoons there (which they didn't for very long).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter