News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Single ride uses multiple ride systems. This has been rumored for a while.

Ok yeah, wasn't sure if it was two different things or like one thing but with a walking element outside of the vehicle as well (either before or that you rode, got off, then back on)

Ok yeah, wasn't sure if it was two different things or like one thing but with a walking element outside of the vehicle as well (either before or that you rode, got off, then back on)
Think of it as 3 ride systems. You enter the transport which would be considered a rise system but also acts as a pre show.

After that you walk into the bay to board your droid vehicle. This is the main portion of the ride.

The finale of sorts has the vehicle lock into an escape pod in which you drop back to Batuu.

I got an awesome view from my hotel balcony. We called it at 8:30 to get there toddler in bed, when I didn't think they'd do it. She was very upset we weren't staying for fireworks.

Did they make any announcements in the park about it being delayed?
Every 10 minutes they made an announcement. Then we got an announcement it would start in 15 minutes. There was much rejoicing.

Did the folks who received the Disney+ D23 3-year offer receive a confirmation email after signing up? I expected something after signing up yesterday, but nothing yet.

Did the folks who received the Disney+ D23 3-year offer receive a confirmation email after signing up? I expected something after signing up yesterday, but nothing yet.
Nothing yet. Glad I’m not the only one.
I signed up yesterday before the promo e-mails came out and got a "Welcome to Disney+" confirmation minutes after paying.

943DF6E1-92A3-4C9B-9CEF-DF5D1AA29225.jpeg

When did you pay? Email servers may be slammed.

I signed up on the show floor at the expo and it took a little bit for the email to show up. The way to check if it went through is to try and register again, once you put your email in it should take you to a two step authentication page about a 6 digit code.

The Cove is just an awkward name for that hotel. I know The Dolphin is the fish and not the mammal, but still given its name, I can't help when those two names are together in the same sentence of thinking of the documentary "The Cove" about the mass killing of dolphins (mammals) and porpoises in Japan (they herd them into a cove, net them, and kill them with spears and knives).

Not to put spoilers here but feedback from media that got to see in Rise of the Resistance is including things like "this will change how you think about Galaxy's Edge" and "is everything that makes Star Wars Star Wars"

If the daily experience delivers on what is shown so far it really could be a game changer it seems

I haven’t gotten the Disney+ email but it finally showed up under my account. For those who have a Discover card, don’t forget to pay using Paypal to get your 5% cash back.
Same, no email but invite was in my account.
No email yet. I was worried.

If few pages back on this thread there was please gives us 24 hours notice on new memberships. It took me over an hour to successfully get to the membership page and sign up this morning. I'd guess there server is being slammed.

If anyone wants to read my thoughts on D23...

I have a lot of thoughts!!

First, a lot of incessant updates on stuff we already know.

I love Festival of Fantasy but am kind of jealous at Disneyland’s new parade
Cirque show is exciting but again we spent too much time on it if you ask me.
Target is great. I once forgot to pack pants and this would help with that 😂

Avengers Campus is exciting and I look forward to the idea of the campuses interacting with each other! Love Spider-Man, am confused at what the avengers ride is, and happy they chose black panther for the 3rd ride. I’m also super hyped to meet Ant Man and all the characters they are bringing in.

As for EPCOT they teased figment so much for not actually ever bringing him up!!! That said I am so excited. I have been very worried about this remodel but that imagineer sounded good and honestly I’m seeing where the original park’s vision lines up with what we are getting. It seems to me to be taking the old stuff and making it more modern and easily adaptable. I see how they got play from wonders of life and I think dreamers point sounds just amazing!!!! I think that was my favorite part of the panel. I hate to lose the name Future World but we will probably still call that area that anyway 💁🏻‍♀️. It really just refers to the side of Epcot lol. As for SSE I love it. In my point of you it was always about how the world has been brought together through time as communication developed and part of that for me has always been the storytelling aspect. This doesn’t feel far from the current iteration to me and I gotta say, as a librarian I am hyped. Moana also got me excited. It is the perfect integration of IP into Epcot if you ask me. Educational but character inspired. It also seems super family friendly and honestly gonna help in the summer 😂
I am kinda mad we didn’t get a new country, we should be getting a second maybe even a third country for EPCOTs 50th but maybe I’m being greedy. It’s been too long as it is.
Happy to hear the 50th will be a Disney worldwide celebration but honestly would have been horrified to hear otherwise!
Can’t believe they shoved IP into MDE, classic Chapek. Interested to see how it looks but hate the idea any TAs will lose business, but I honestly don’t think Disney is capable of technology sophisticated enough to do so at this point so not toooooo worried.

Reflections looks better than I expected and I’d actually like to stay there. I am better they got Tianas place and wish they had taken the Pocahontas idea and ran with it more.
Star Wars hotel: amazing but expensive, I tuned out for my own well being and also I’m just sick of Star Wars news at this point. I want new news lol. Still excited for all the new Star Wars stuff though

Joe Rohde working on Lighthouse point might drive me to go on my first Disney Cruise. I think he is perfect for this job knowing that the locals were worried about preserving their culture.

I’m curious what the final verdict will be on the imagination pavilion, as they say on podcast the ride: keep it, plus it up, or burn it down?!

Do we think this is the end of park’s news for awhile or just that they couldn’t fit everything? I hope we don’t have to wait too long for new updates.

The Cove is just an awkward name for that hotel. I know The Dolphin is the fish and not the mammal, but still given its name, I can't help when those two names are together in the same sentence of thinking of the documentary "The Cove" about the mass killing of dolphins (mammals) and porpoises in Japan (they herd them into a cove, net them, and kill them with spears and knives).
There’s been talk within Marriott about changing the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter