News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, or at least "not the 2nd half of Eisner's run" ... I htnk his first half, when he had Frank Wells, was pretty darn successful and the company was struggling when he came in - but I get your point
He did great things but its more fun to remember the bad : )

I’ve been looking for an opportunity to say I am finishing up “Disney War” and OMG I have been so angry about how Eisner treated people and the lack of character he had. My husband has been laughing at me and how worked up I’ve gotten. 😆 He appreciates the visionary that Eisner was in his early years at Disney, and I guess I do too. Plus, some of his impulsive, egotistic unilateral decisions actually worked in the favor of Disney (Comcast). But, overall, I think he was a terrible person.

I *am* somewhat interested in reading this Iger book; however, having read Disney War, I will take everything written with not a grain, but a boulder of salt!!!

lol and us KC DISers (well the group I hang with) have been trying to make time to get there as a group for over a year now despite the fact that we live here :rotfl:

...it's still on our list though--we did make it out as a group to Marceline though last April

Not much to see as it is all boarded up ... Though I did find a pretty cool restaurant just a couple of blocks over called "Brewer's Kitchen" that could be a good meeting place before or after you see the building

At this point it's literally just a drive-by hahaha you can't even go in!
lol I know--totally wish they would actually get going with the stuff they were wanting to do inside!

We still should do your tour you had sorta planned last year and work in a quick stop there or if/when we go back to Tiki Cat as a group it's like right near there too lol.

NEWS

Exclusive tasting for new Toledo Tapas, Steak, and Seafood coming for annual passholders and DVC members

Scheduled for evenings of Thursday, July 25; Thursday, August 1 and Thursday, August 8, 2019. Cost is $84 per person (plus tax and gratuity). Members and Passholders may bring up to 5 guests, for a party size total of 6.

http://blogmickey.com/2019/06/exclu...oming-for-annual-passholders-and-dvc-members/

Not much to see as it is all boarded up ... Though I did find a pretty cool restaurant just a couple of blocks over called "Brewer's Kitchen" that could be a good meeting place before or after you see the building
There's a group that bought it a while back saying they were going to do exhibits inside it and open it back up for the public but that has obviously fallen by the wasteside at this point.

Brewer's Kitchen just opened up (like everything I've read still say it wasn't supposed to open up for another week or so) but it's been something I'm interested in. A burger place with craft beer is right up my alley :drinking1

There's a group that bought it a while back saying they were going to do exhibits inside it and open it back up for the public but that has obviously fallen by the wasteside at this point.

Brewer's Kitchen just opened up (like everything I've read still say it wasn't supposed to open up for another week or so) but it's been something I'm interested in. A burger place with craft beer is right up my alley :drinking1

it definitely feels like a bit of an up and coming area, so hopefully work can be done to it in the future

ah, that makes sense as it felt like the bartender serving me was still getting used to the systems, etc. - so guess they were all figuring it out (in the end I tried to pay with cash and they couldn't figure out how to do that so wound up having to use a credit card_

Honestly don't know if this park will survive this. It shouldn't, right? Like "oops, our employees were electrocuted but I think we're good now"?
I doubt the park will close because of this. There were no significant injuries and it hasn't received that much publicity. I'm betting most people don't even know. If they can fix the problem, I don't see why it would be a long-term problem. If it keeps happening because there is some fundamental flaw in the park wiring? Well, that would be a different story.

I doubt the park will close because of this. There were no significant injuries and it hasn't received that much publicity. I'm betting most people don't even know. If they can fix the problem, I don't see why it would be a long-term problem. If it keeps happening because there is some fundamental flaw in the park wiring? Well, that would be a different story.

It hasn't seem to hit national news level yet for whatever reason.

"We now know the problem is specifically electrical" - Can I get a no *%$^ Universal!

I'm another KC Disney addict. :earboy2: I work with the woman (an accountant) who was responsible for winding down their KC office about 15 years ago and was the final one out the door. So I guess I work with a piece of Disney history.
Hey there! Don't mean to get too off-topic here but it looks like you can't receive PMs yet. Just wanted to let you know there's a KC Diser community. If you're interested in joining in, leave a note on our planning thread (hasn't been updated in a while but we've still been meeting!) https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...-kansas-city-info-coming-soon.3599256/page-17

I’ve been looking for an opportunity to say I am finishing up “Disney War” and OMG I have been so angry about how Eisner treated people and the lack of character he had. My husband has been laughing at me and how worked up I’ve gotten. 😆 He appreciates the visionary that Eisner was in his early years at Disney, and I guess I do too. Plus, some of his impulsive, egotistic unilateral decisions actually worked in the favor of Disney (Comcast). But, overall, I think he was a terrible person.

I *am* somewhat interested in reading this Iger book; however, having read Disney War, I will take everything written with not a grain, but a boulder of salt!!!
I started reading that book but got busy and haven't gotten back to it. Now I feel inspired to again. Do you think I will get strange looks if I am reading it on a Disney cruise in a couple weeks? :D

Honestly don't know if this park will survive this. It shouldn't, right? Like "oops, our employees were electrocuted but I think we're good now"?
Considering how many people still go to Schlitterbahn even though one of their owners and multiple other people were charged with murder in the death of a boy at their water park, after they had a massive cover-up of design issues and incidents, I think Volcano Bay will be just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter