• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember the last time a movie had an intermission in a theater. I vaguely remember Monty Python and the Holy Grail had one, but was barely 3 minutes.

I think this does add to the epic nature of a blockbuster-style movie. Also, I can see concession stand sales skyrocketing.
Last major film would be Hateful Eight in 2015 I believe.

Fair point. Perhaps a theater might negate the free refills on intermission movies (or $1'ish refills to help offset losses). Our local theaters we attend stopped with unlimited refills, but we're also not going to Megaplexes paying those ticket prices.
The AMCs I go to it's only been 1 refill allowed. They may have stopped either the drink or the popcorn on the free part can't remember; I know one of those is still free just can't remember which or if they still have both. The only ones that still get unlimited refills is when you order the popcorn inside Fork & Screen or Cinema Suites.

I'm not sure how they would prohibt based on movie type unless they made you show your ticket stub (which often ours are just the QR code on our phone) and the person behind the counter knows that movie has an intermission. Mom and Pop style places for sure I could see being more restrictive.

It's a good thought though for sure. Makes me wonder just how long of an intermission they are thinking. A 5min wouldn't be long enough to do much, 10 mins probably not either if everyone just swamped the bathrooms and concession stands, 15 maybe but then you're looking at the time commitment people have when you count in the previews..ah heck we're probably looking at 4 hours anyways :P (halfway joking).

Who knows the way the whole vibe of the movie is I just may need that intermission to get a quick breather from all the deep stuff going on in the movie.

The AMCs I go to it's only been 1 refill allowed. They may have stopped either the drink or the popcorn on the free part can't remember; I know one of those is still free just can't remember which or if they still have both. The only ones that still get unlimited refills is when you order the popcorn inside Fork & Screen or Cinema Suites.

I'm not sure how they would prohibt based on movie type unless they made you show your ticket stub (which often ours are just the QR code on our phone) and the person behind the counter knows that movie has an intermission. Mom and Pop style places for sure I could see being more restrictive.

It's a good thought though for sure. Makes me wonder just how long of an intermission they are thinking. A 5min wouldn't be long enough to do much, 10 mins probably not either if everyone just swamped the bathrooms and concession stands, 15 maybe but then you're looking at the time commitment people have when you count in the previews..ah heck we're probably looking at 4 hours anyways :P (halfway joking).

Who knows the way the whole vibe of the movie is I just may need that intermission to get a quick breather from all the deep stuff going on in the movie.
Our theaters do free drink refills (well not really sure but I have never seen anyone policing the fountains) and one free popcorn refill only on large popcorns.

Our theaters do free drink refills (well not really sure but I have never seen anyone policing the fountains) and one free popcorn refill only on large popcorns.
Yeah it's always been the large size (exception is the Dine-In theaters) I just vaguely remember hearing something about either the drink or the popcorn free part discontinued but I could be mis-thinking about it.

There were a lot in the sixties. Ben hur, Lawrence of Arabia, west side story, around the world in 80 days, sound of music, my fair lady. A quick search says Godfather Part ii had one. It's pretty rare now because they want to cram as many showings in a day. I think it would be awesome if they did it. Would need to make it a good 8-10 minutes for the Pee break.

Last edited:

I don't understand why people thought this wouldn't be the case. Disney isn't new to R-Rated movies. Disney owned Miramax Films from 1993 - 2010. Miramax owned Dimension Films as well. So any R-Rated movie released by Miramax or Dimension during that time was essentially released by Disney. I don't think we will ever see the Disney logo before an R-Rated movie, but that doesn't mean they would turn down the opportunity to make money.

It wouldn't be hard to bring Deadpool into the MCU if they wanted to. His standalone movies would remain rated R and under the Fox name. If they wanted to bring him into an MCU film, it would be PG-13 and they could have a ton of fun with it. Have Deapool keep getting cut off when he is about to swear, he keeps getting frustrated that he can't curse, break the 4th wall regarding the lack of blood/gore, etc. It can actually be fun. And that's pretty much what they do when Deadpool crosses over into other characters comics.

I had heard that there was a Deadpool script out there that was PG-13. The story was that Deadpool woke up one day and all of his curse words were bleeped, nudity was blurred, etc. Being aware of this his mission was to hunt down the writers of the film and kill them. The whole movie culminating to using their sole F-word allowed at the end. That sounds like some good ol' meta fun to me.

But for real though, is there a way I can buy this? Can I call the store and order it?

You have no idea, I just watched Pinocchio again tonight because of this! :p

It's already on Ebay for $50. I hate people.

It gives you a chance to buy park exclusive things you otherwise would have no chance to buy if you didn't have a trip coming up. I'm not really a fan of things being limited edition or park exclusive. I don't understand the appeal of it being rare, nor do I get upset because more are released making the thing I own less special. Why do I care if someone else has something else I have? I just want it myself. I've never bought anything from a reseller, but if there was something I REALLY wanted in the parks, I would be thankful for them.

It IS annoying that people who actually want them aren't able to get them in the parks because resellers wipe them out. But Disney could fix that in a number of ways. Increase supply. Increase price. Make them available online. Limit customers to 1-2 of each item. But if they don't implement any of these things to increase supply, lower demand, or increase availability, resellers are your only shot. I don't really blame them.

But for real though, is there a way I can buy this? Can I call the store and order it?

You have no idea, I just watched Pinocchio again tonight because of this! :p

It's already on Ebay for $50. I hate people.

There used to be a phone number you could call. Sadly that is no more. There was a certain pair of Minnie Mouse sunglasses that my wife would pick up after trip. One trip she forgot to pick them up. We called the number and worked with the cast member to find the correct pair. Ordered them over the phone and they shipped it right over.

I don't understand why people thought this wouldn't be the case. Disney isn't new to R-Rated movies. Disney owned Miramax Films from 1993 - 2010. Miramax owned Dimension Films as well. So any R-Rated movie released by Miramax or Dimension during that time was essentially released by Disney. I don't think we will ever see the Disney logo before an R-Rated movie, but that doesn't mean they would turn down the opportunity to make money.

It wouldn't be hard to bring Deadpool into the MCU if they wanted to. His standalone movies would remain rated R and under the Fox name. If they wanted to bring him into an MCU film, it would be PG-13 and they could have a ton of fun with it. Have Deapool keep getting cut off when he is about to swear, he keeps getting frustrated that he can't curse, break the 4th wall regarding the lack of blood/gore, etc. It can actually be fun. And that's pretty much what they do when Deadpool crosses over into other characters comics.

I had heard that there was a Deadpool script out there that was PG-13. The story was that Deadpool woke up one day and all of his curse words were bleeped, nudity was blurred, etc. Being aware of this his mission was to hunt down the writers of the film and kill them. The whole movie culminating to using their sole F-word allowed at the end. That sounds like some good ol' meta fun to me.

I guess that is the question more - will they do R-rated movies under the Disney Logo, as the Marvel MCU movies currently are under that logo ... or would they have a separate brand and not have Disney mentioned anywhere

I guess that is the question more - will they do R-rated movies under the Disney Logo, as the Marvel MCU movies currently are under that logo ... or would they have a separate brand and not have Disney mentioned anywhere

Why would they have their Disney logo attached to an R-rated movie? It goes against what the entire brand has stood for since it's inception. I don't think you are going to see Disney's logo at the start of an R-rated movie...ever. They are just going to keep the Fox name for any R-rated movies that have existed as a Fox property. The Disney logo being before a Marvel movie doesn't mean it is or isn't in the MCU. Was the Disney logo before Spider-man: Homecoming? He's a part of the MCU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter