News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something new for the MVMCP....

Most Merriest Town Square Party will take place at Tony’s Town Square Restaurant each night there is a Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party from 9:30PM - 12:30AM. Admission to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is required and not included with this new add-on experience. Included in this new experience is a delicious spread of savory hors d’oeuvres, sweet treats, a variety of beverages and reserved viewing for the 11:00pm Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade.

NEW! Fort Wilderness NYE Dessert Party

On December 31, 2018 from 10:00PM - 12:30AM Guests can delight in delectable sweets and specialty beverages as they savor scenic views of the Seven Seas Lagoon. Indulging in an assortment of freshly prepared desserts, seasonal fruits, flavorful cheeses and beverages - including beer and wine. Guest will have the opportunity to watch the stunning fireworks display and raise a glass to 2019!

Price is $99 for Adults and $59 for Children (ages 3 – 9) plus tax. Guests will check in at Clementine’s Beach behind the Settlement Trading Post at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground.

I think the answer is no, which is sort of a shame. Too many of the "backstories" of attractions and places at Disney are esoteric, in my opinion. If Imagineers are going through the trouble of creating elaborate stories that drive the details, those stories should be more accessible to guests.

For example, I think the favorability of DinoLand USA would improve if more guests understood the backstory as to why there's a tacky carnival in a parking lot outside the Dino Institute. Or, perhaps the Jungle Navigation Co. LTD Skipper Canteen might get a little more traffic if the connection to the Society of Explorers and Adventurers were more obvious.

Side Note: Back when I tried Disney Reservations Center Cast Members, we emphasized that they should always use the full and complete name of the place. It's a branding thing. I still do it. But, I doubt even I would be willing to call it the "Jungle Navigation Co. LTD Skipper Canteen" over and over on the phones. That's a mouthful. o_O

Interesting little tidbit about what I made bold in your post; it was maybe about a year after Skipper Canteen opened. We got to talking to our server and we found out he was a seasoned Cast Member. Can't remember the number of years he was with the company, but he definitely was not a part-timer/college programmer. Anyways, we got to talking about all the details in the restaurant and he said that they still didn't have the full backstory, or an explanation of what all the details were. He said he kept bringing it up with management because guests kept asking for the story on pieces of decor. For example, there are three office doors on the top floor of the restaurant. Skipper Marc, Skipper Harper, and Skipper Bill. I knew the references to Marc and Harper, but I wasn't sure who Skipper Bill was. I asked our server and he said he wasn't sure and had been asking management for an answer for that for a while. Management told him that they were still waiting to hear back from Imagineering. In this instance I think it was more a lack of communication than there not being a backstory, but you'd think Imagineering would give management whatever they have and they would hand it down to the front line Cast Members.

Anyways, I looked it up when I got home and found out Skipper Bill is more than likely a reference to William "Sully" Sullivan. He's a Disney legend that started out as a ticket-taker for the Jungle Cruise. Our following trip down to Walt Disney World we ate at Skipper Canteen again and called the previous server over to tell him. We were the first one's to tell him, so he still had not gotten the information.

News

New Mickeys Very Merry Christmas upcharge Dining at Tony’s

http://blogmickey.com/2018/10/tonys...coming-to-mickeys-very-merry-christmas-party/
I'm really sorry, but this has to be one of the worst Disney uncharges I have ever heard (Yes, I am judging this before it even starts).

1) Reserved viewing for a parade that is usually EASIER to find a seat for.
2) DVC and AP holders get a "special" 1-day early booking window. Does Disney really think this is going to be so popular that they are giving AP and DVC owners an extra booking window?
3) It's Tony's!!!
4) An "extra" 30 minutes at MVMCP...Well, if you see the midnight Castle Stage Show (If there is one at midnight), others will get to stay in almost an extra 30 minutes as well.
5) $99...on top of spending $100+ to get into the party per person.

News

New Mickeys Very Merry Christmas upcharge Dining at Tony’s

http://blogmickey.com/2018/10/tonys...coming-to-mickeys-very-merry-christmas-party/

Man that’s expensive.

I'm really sorry, but this has to be one of the worst Disney uncharges I have ever heard (Yes, I am judging this before it even starts).

2) DVC and AP holders get a "special" 1-day early booking window. Does Disney really think this is going to be so popular that they are giving AP and DVC owners an extra booking window?
3) It's Tony's!!!
4) An "extra" 30 minutes at MVMCP...Well, if you see the midnight Castle Stage Show (If there is one at midnight), others will get to stay in almost an extra 30 minutes as well.

I will say I like the idea of something you can go in and out of - rather than having to spend a set amount of time for a meal or something. So just the idea of somehwere we know we can duck in and out of and get a drink and some food, is nice ... not sure if it is worth $99, but the *concept* I get. Plus per person, knowing kid won't each much and definitely legally can't have the wine and beer seems tough. Maybe something that would be better for a couple that is going or something.

I do think it would be better if the reserved viewing was for the first parade rather than the 2nd

3) It's Tony's!!!
I laughed at the "DVC and AP holders get a "special" 1-day early booking window" part too! I thought maybe it was going to mention a discount or something. I still don't think i'd be interested. Rather use that money for a second party with unlimited cookies. Better than 30 additional minutes.

Maybe its noted to make it seem in-demand and hard to get?

I laughed at the "DVC and AP holders get a "special" 1-day early booking window" part too! I thought maybe it was going to mention a discount or something. I still don't think i'd be interested. Rather use that money for a second party with unlimited cookies. Better than 30 additional minutes.

Maybe its noted to make it seem in-demand and hard to get?

Maybe - it does seem like specialty food items are becoming such a big part of the parties that maybe they think people will think "well, I know I would spend another $50 on food anyway, why not book this and have a place to go and some wine to drink and the reserved viewing, etc.)

Like I said, i get the concept, but maybe if it is was: 1) reserved viewing for 1st parade and 2) a reserved spot with cocoa and snacks waiting for you for the castle lighting and 3) cost like $64 / adults and $29 /kids ... on top of the rest, maybe it could work

But, I've underestimated what people are will to pay while on a Disney vacation so I wouldn't be surprised if these sell out as is

Maybe - it does seem like specialty food items are becoming such a big part of the parties that maybe they think people will think "well, I know I would spend another $50 on food anyway, why not book this and have a place to go and some wine to drink and the reserved viewing, etc.)

Like I said, i get the concept, but maybe if it is was: 1) reserved viewing for 1st parade and 2) a reserved spot with cocoa and snacks waiting for you for the castle lighting and 3) cost like $64 / adults and $29 /kids ... on top of the rest, maybe it could work

But, I've underestimated what people are will to pay while on a Disney vacation so I wouldn't be surprised if these sell out as is
I look at this as the Halloween dining event that Disney tried in CRT a couple years ago. That failed miserably.

There's some value in the all you can drink, but you better be ready to put them away, lol

No value for kids, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter