News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting I have heard many people say it was worth it. I haven’t been able to do it because it’s never on my dates.
We enjoyed ourselves for sure! But we were scrambling to get everything done. Another hour would have been great to feel less rushed. The free drinks, popcorn and ice cream were definitely a nice perk as well.

We did this last year and did not feel it was worth the price. If it was four hours or more it would be!
A little longer would have been nice but we did two of them in July, and I loved it. The first one we got essentially every ride done in 90 minutes (was vetoed on Small World and Jungle Cruise). The second one I got to do Space Mountain about 30 times. But the crowd levels were very different between the two. Was the problem that it was just too short for you? Or was there something else that held it back?

And I was just thinking that I'd easily choose a party based on this Monday's since you can get into the park at 4 and stay until after midnight. Plus you get the special show, parade and fireworks. All for less money per ticket. But I agree that it depends on the crowd level of the party. DAH was definitely a small crowd which is the biggest appeal of it.

For the parties I think it depends a lot on what you want to get out of it. If it is the special parade and fireworks and special character meets and stuff - then it can still be great. The challenge/issue is one of the big selling points - and one reason people used to love them so much - was the lower crowds and how you got all of that AND could walk on almost any ride. So many people would use the parties as much for that feature as the other aspects. With that basically gone now due to elevated crowds at the parties the extra hours events are appealing to *that* group over the parites

A little longer would have been nice but we did two of them in July, and I loved it. The first one we got essentially every ride done in 90 minutes (was vetoed on Small World and Jungle Cruise). The second one I got to do Space Mountain about 30 times. But the crowd levels were very different between the two. Was the problem that it was just too short for you? Or was there something else that held it back?
I love space but I don’t know I could do it 30 times in one night.

For the parties I think it depends a lot on what you want to get out of it. If it is the special parade and fireworks and special character meets and stuff - then it can still be great. The challenge/issue is one of the big selling points - and one reason people used to love them so much - was the lower crowds and how you got all of that AND could walk on almost any ride. So many people would use the parties as much for that feature as the other aspects. With that basically gone now due to elevated crowds at the parties the extra hours events are appealing to *that* group over the parites
The crowds on Monday were very low. The only ride I really waited for was 7dmt. So, like I said it depends on the crowd level at the party you attend.

Another hour would have been perfect for us. I also know that ours was a bit more crowded than some others based on reports and photos I saw.

Another hour would have been perfect for us. I also know that ours was a bit more crowded than some others based on reports and photos I saw.
We went to the one at the end of July. It was pretty crowed but not as bad as the VI Passholder night the next weekend.

We went to the one at the end of July. It was pretty crowed but not as bad as the VI Passholder night the next weekend.
I think the ones the first year were practically dead since they weren't advertised much. Now word has gotten out and they're adding more dates... Kinda going down the road of many of the parties where crowds are increasing and changing the experience. I'd highly recommend Labor Day week though!

ok, if you HAD done all three of those each 50 times in one day, that would be impressive! (especially considering 3 different parks)
I've done every ride in all 4 Disney parks in a day, and all rides in both Universal parks plus Magic Kingdom in a day. But not 50 times on multiple rides in a day. I'm not that good.

And yet, it's the 8th most popular DVD of 2018. Keep in mind, it was an early DVD release this year since the movie came out last year. Infinity War is still not available, so it's only competing against movies released prior to May. It's kind of a stupid measure, to be honest.

https://www.the-numbers.com/home-market/dvd-sales/2018
Do a lot of people still buy just DVDs? When I buy a movie I always get the combo thing where it’s blu-ray, DVD, digital copy. I can’t remember the last time I got just a DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter