News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could charge an extra fee for this. $18 for resort or park only, $30 for resort AND park.

Or how about allow us to bring back our refillable mugs. Knock $5 off the price if you reuse your mug from a previous visit. (They can stick a new chip on the
bottom.) Lots of people would do this.

Allow this for beer or margaritas anw we are talking!

(We don’t drink soda so never get the mugs and usually just bring our own water or get the free water from the counters ..... actually one small thing they could do is have more water bottle willing stations (like they have in the line for FoP) rather than needing to give my family 5 separate cups of water)

Those DVC ears are so bad lol
They've had a few bad misses lately. Like those Christmas ones with the red polkadots. You'd walk through the stores hearing people comment how ugly they were and I saw MAYBE a handful of people actually wearing them.

(We don’t drink soda so never get the mugs and usually just bring our own water or get the free water from the counters ..... actually one small thing they could do is have more water bottle willing stations (like they have in the line for FoP) rather than needing to give my family 5 separate cups of water)

We'll have a panel around this idea for "WDW Beer Fest" in August.

JK - actually bottomless beer mugs sound like a terrible idea at Disney Parks.

Could charge an extra fee for this. $18 for resort or park only, $30 for resort AND park.

Or how about allow us to bring back our refillable mugs. Knock $5 off the price if you reuse your mug from a previous visit. (They can stick a new chip on the
bottom.) Lots of people would do this.

If they let you use them in the park we might actually consider purchasing a refillable mug.

Disney Food Blog is the worst! I don't see a date, do you? :sad2:

One of many examples:
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2018/...lloween-and-christmas-parties/comment-page-1/

The web address has a date in it at least. I think Disney Tourist Blog is the worst, as he regularly re-posts information. I think he's finally gotten around to adding dates to the updates, but generally there's no indication of what information may or may not have changed

Yeah, it's almost like "What level of Garbage will DVC members buy if we stick DVC on there." I mean, what's with the binoculars?

Knowing how many DVC owners are, they will buy them just because they are DVC exclusive. They will look ridiculous but at least everybody will know they are part of the 'club'.

Yes to refillable water bottle stations! We always bring a water bottle in and we usually end up filling it at water fountains, which are awkward and then we flavor the water cause we don't care for the taste of FL water...but the stations are usually filtered water. We don't drink a lot of soda either, but our last trip in January there was a cold spell and we go hot cocoa every night at the resort in our mugs....only time we've used them regularly.

Of course all plastic is not good for the environment, though I do believe straws pose a bigger risk? Constantly hearing about sea life getting affected due to straws, not lids.

Starbucks doing away with the straws is a great start (same with Disney), but I can understand why they're keeping the lid around. It's more utility than anything. I can't even imagine the amount of the general public that'd be crawling back to Starbucks, complaining, because they spilt their $6 coffee since they don't offer lids. Especially while walking around a theme park. Maybe someday.
But how are you going to stir your venti frappuccino?

Yeah I'd love a good alternative, and perhaps someone will come up with something soon. I'm fine with the paper ones and he will just have to deal but I can hear the whining already haha.

Compostable straws (not paper) and drink lids exist. A regional fast food chain in the PNW, Taco Time, has been using compostable everything they can for years. They have tiny trash cans because there's very little that is thrown out. All of their flatware is also compostable and they've been using real plates for eat in customers forever, long before most everything could be composted.

As for recycling, even in recycle heavy Seattle, so much of it is getting diverted to the landfills because of a few different things that gets into politics. So while it's great we recycle but compostable would make more sense and I'd be ok paying a bit more for a straw like that then a paper straw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter