News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were on vacation, not at Disney :( , and my step son had on, what I think was Mickey's Clubhouse or something similar, and the Three Caballeros were in it. Not sure why my 14 year old was watching Disney Jr, but it was better than some of the cartoons he watches ;)

Is this it?

maxresdefault.jpg

I agree. I also struggled a bit with Jessica Jones. It was just too dark and too bleak for me. Liked Daredevil, really like Luke Cage, but never got into the Defenders since Iron First and Jones just did nothing for me.

I liked Jessica Jones but agree it was incredibly dark. Really enjoyed Luke Cage and Daredevil. My husband and I watched the first episode of the Punisher and I needed a drink afterwards. I love Jon Bernthal, so we’ll watch more, we just have to steel ourselves a bit first. My 6-year-old managed to set the default language for all Netflix series to Italian, so maybe I’ll make it through the last episode of Iron Fist that way before I figure out how to fix it. My profile is defaulted to English, so that’s not the fix I’m looking for. Besides learning Italian.

Walt Disney World will soon begin hosting all-new V.I.PASSHOLDER Nights, an after-hours event at Epcot and the Magic Kingdom.

V.I.PASSHOLDER Nights will be available to Gold, Platinum, Platinum Plus and Premier Passholders, taking place on:

• August 5 2018 at Magic Kingdom from 10:00pm to 12:00am
  • September 6 2018 at Epcot from 9:00pm to 11:00pm
  • October 25 2018 at Epcot from 9:00pm to 11:00pm
Advance Registration will be required - keep a look out for registration emails in the next few weeks, and passholders will be able to register for one event only.

Outside of the V.I.PASSHOLDER Nights, Disney will also soon offer more passholder exclusive offerings at the parks, which will be available to other levels of pass.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/annu...oler-nights-for-select-annual-passholders.htm

I’ve got no shot at taking advantage of these before my pass expires, but I hope they continue the events (assuming they’re successful), so I can try one in the future.

Last edited:
Well, then we will have to include an “airing of grevences” about park development we disagree with

I think all this talk should spawn a new disboards tradition: the annual early December airing of grievances thread (for the rest of us).

A thread where everyone can just get it all out of there system and start fresh for the new year.

I chatted with one of the contractor's working on Universal's 4th (3rd) gate last week. The following came up:

* There will be 4 lands.
* LOTR is not one of them
* The dreamworks land is not a full dreamworks land is instead based on a single license. He described that license as "puzzling". My own conjecture, not confirmed by him, is that it is based on Trolls.
* Fantastic Beasts is definitely one of them
* A Super Nintendo world will be one of them, and fits much of the speculation already out there
* The 4th land he wouldn't confirm, other than to say that it hadn't come up on any oft he rumor boards yet. The lead designer has been switched out on it at least once already due to things not coming together.
* Potentially more interesting was he mentioned that no sites have touched on "how the park will work" yet. Going on to say he expects a lot of public backlash if they opt to keep it in it's current form by the time the announce things publicly. He said they are putting technology ahead of story in regards to this.

My suspicion is it is an extension of the line based systems they introduced at Volcano Bay (tapu tapu) and the Fallon ride queue. And I think he was suggesting that he felt this mechanism didn't jive well with the story of the rides. However, again, that is my read of the situation and not confirmed by anyone else.

I think the main takeaways here are that LOTR isn't part of it, the 4th land has not been guessed by anyone yet, and that there is some major underlying technology that affects "how the park works" that is expected by some within the project to provoke a backlash. Nothing ground breaking, but it's more concrete than most of what I've read out there.

edit: to clarify a bit further, I suspect the line system is the technology but I didn't explain why I thought it would cause backlash. My suspicion is they are trying to get rid of line queues completely. Not that people love queues, but it is what people are used to and I can see many folks feeling as though having a schedule of what time to be at what ride takes away the freedom of exploring a park. It would also kill the storyline structure if people are more concerned about what time they need to be at what attraction versus just getting lost in the park.

Trolls would be awesome! My four year old would LOVE that and it would probably make me get annual passses for us. I’m not sure how Trolls would fit his description of puzzling, though. Puzzling would make me think it’s either a license that’s not popular or an attraction is already present in another park. Maybe Kung Fu Panda or Minions. Or Boss Baby would fit that description. It’s popular, but it would be weird to make a whole land for it.

Last edited:
Trolls would be awesome! My four year old would LOVE that and it would probably make me get annual passses for us. I’m not sure how Trolls would fit his description of puzzling, though. Puzzling would make me think it’s either a license that’s not popular or an attraction is already present in another park. Maybe Kung Fu Panda or Minions. Or Boss Baby would fit that description. It’s popular, but it would be weird to make a whole land for it.

I could see it being trolls. I have heard kids go crazy for that, but personally I think it's a stupid movie (but I'm not the Target audience at all so that's fine). So I can see adults being like...why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter